Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's called low hanging fruit because there is no demand for it except by those who "care" enough to take time to pick it off tree. Thank you for analogy.

Burnt.

LOL
At least you seem to get the meaning of "analogy".

Clearly, you don't understand "low-hanging fruit", which is simply fruit that is easily picked. Demand is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 01:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Clearly, you don't understand "low-hanging fruit", which is simply fruit that is easily picked. Demand is irrelevant.
Anyone who posts in a topic in CD either does so because they care about the subject. Your fruit theory is nothing but distraction.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Anyone who posts in a topic in CD either does so because they care about the subject. Your fruit theory is nothing but distraction.
I don't have a fruit theory. Well, not a fruit theory about this thread.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:56 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
This is a logical fallacy. You create a hypothetical situation to address a specific issue.

It's hard to understand what you actually mean.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:01 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's funny and pathetic that you accuse people of logical fallacy in every other post without the full understanding of what logical fallacy is..
Nope. But if my posts bother you, then feel free to put me on ignore. That way you will never have to read them again.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Nope. But if my posts bother you, then feel free to put me on ignore. That way you will never have to read them again.

Even if I put you on ignore, there are still plenty of people who will correct and refute your partisan attacks.

So what's the point for you?

Old 01-09-2016, 09:57 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
The only reason, I mean the ONLY reason I'm here is:

a) Hillary sends a tweet saying ALL abused women deserved to be heard? Are you kidding me?
b) She then goes and calls Trump a sexist while she has her husband (had affair with multiple women while as an official) campaigning for her?
c) Hillary did the opposite thing (run a war room against the women accusing Bill) that she is campaigning for (women's rights)

Note to Hillary lovers, SHE is the one starting this, not anyone else.

And it's all the Clinton hater's fault? Really? Wow, this thread is really quite enlightening and mind blowing... Reading the breath and depth of hypocrisy of Hillary and her supports is like looking at the Grand Canyon. I feel like I've dropped into an alternative universe when I read these threads.
Quote:
SHE is not the one starting this. Trump is.
LOL um sure. Trump didn't send the text saying ALL women deserved to be heard while having run a war room against the women who accused her husband on assault. Hypocrite Hillary did. And Hillary called Trump a sexist and is playing the "woman's card" while at the same time sending the person who has the least respect for women (Bill) to campaign for her because she cannot beat Bernie in New Hampshire. Why doesn't she go there herself?

Quote:
And ALL abused women do deserve to be heard. Is this something you disagree with? If you agree with that statement, then it doesn't matter who is making the statement.
Personally, I would let the courts decide who is guilty or not and all women should have their day in court. But yes it matters if the person saying it was actively trying to suppress women from being heard.

Quote:
Trump has made many sexist remarks. Adulterers aren't necessarily sexist.
Since a guy adulterer is hurting some woman at some point by doing it, they are sexist by definition. You can't possibly tell me that an adulterer has respect for women while doing that, can you?

Quote:
Clinton haters have done a lot of harm. Obama haters have done a lot of harm. Bush haters have done a lot of harm. When hatred and anger is your driving motivation, then harm and destruction tends to be your objective.
I'm not hating anyone, I'm just trying to fathom how someone who a few years ago was running a war room against women trying to speak against Bill is now tweeting that all women should be heard. I'm also trying to fathom how a candidate such as Hillary has flipped-flopped on so many issues (equality for example) is even seriously running today as a Democrat. And I'm trying to fathom how you can support such as person, when there are 300 million other people who can run for President.

Can you please tell me why you would want Hillary to be president in spite of the tons of baggage she has? If you support Bernie, I would vote for him, for example. In fact, I would vote for anyone but Hillary because I don't want 8 years of constant controversy. I don't want 8 years of this: Hillary's email issues again... Hillary blaming the victims (Benghazi)...

Last edited by jkbatca; 01-09-2016 at 10:56 PM..

Old 01-15-2016, 03:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Even if I put you on ignore, there are still plenty of people who will correct and refute your partisan attacks.

So what's the point for you?
hard to ignore threads that get spammed on the message board too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections