Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is your choice in 2016 in a what if 3 way match up for POTUS?
Clinton 12 28.57%
Trump 14 33.33%
Sanders 16 38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:31 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times

Advertisements

There are very few polls, based in a Google Search that I just did, that show who would win in a Trump, Clinton, Sanders matchup. This is assuming the RNC doesn't screw over Trump even though he won their primaries and caucuses fair and square from what I can tell.
Maybe it's by design that the corporate media won't do it since they are scared of Sanders's progressive ideas?
The likability and other factors lead me to think that Bernie would win in a three way race. The reality is that these elections are run by Secretary of States who can really be partisan (ex, Katherine Harris) and they won't put Bermie on the ballot and enough Americans are too lazy to just write him in and there are paperless electronic voting machines made by snakes like Deibold.
I know some are going to throw Gary Johnson's name out, but he hasn't had even a serious debate with Trump or Clinton, has, what 1/10th of the crowds and votes and support that Sanders has and 2/3rds of America don't even know who he is. Do your own poll for that.
Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 12:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Bernie Sanders, more than anything, wants to assure that D. Trump never makes it into the White House, except on the White House tour. As such, he doesn't want to risk having a 3-way race, with any possibility that no candidate will reach 270 electoral votes and throw the decision to the GOP controlled House, presumably where Trump will win. End of story.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:50 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Bernie Sanders, more than anything, wants to assure that D. Trump never makes it into the White House, except on the White House tour. As such, he doesn't want to risk having a 3-way race, with any possibility that no candidate will reach 270 electoral votes and throw the decision to the GOP controlled House, presumably where Trump will win. End of story.
Take a chance?
I think if his staff took some time to do polls like this, they may be pleasantly surprised.
Plus the DNC telling those that support his ideas no way as far as including them in the platform in the convention shows the Democratic Party is too Republican lite.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:54 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
I'd still vote for Gary Johnson who will also be on the ballot.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
There are very few polls, based in a Google Search that I just did, that show who would win in a Trump, Clinton, Sanders matchup. This is assuming the RNC doesn't screw over Trump even though he won their primaries and caucuses fair and square from what I can tell.
Maybe it's by design that the corporate media won't do it since they are scared of Sanders's progressive ideas?
The likability and other factors lead me to think that Bernie would win in a three way race. The reality is that these elections are run by Secretary of States who can really be partisan (ex, Katherine Harris) and they won't put Bermie on the ballot and enough Americans are too lazy to just write him in and there are paperless electronic voting machines made by snakes like Deibold.
I know some are going to throw Gary Johnson's name out, but he hasn't had even a serious debate with Trump or Clinton, has, what 1/10th of the crowds and votes and support that Sanders has and 2/3rds of America don't even know who he is. Do your own poll for that.
Thoughts?
How many times must Bernie tell you that he won't run as a third party candidate?

Old 06-28-2016, 01:35 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
If Bernie decides to run on the Green Party ticket I am still writing in Supreme. Supreme"s gig is mocking democracy and showing how stupid it came become. This election is proof and the nonsense from both parties is mind boggling. I do not care who wins, and voting for the lesser of 2 evils in my book makes you chump. That is exactly what the establishment wants you do and you are falling right in line.

Supreme 2016

Old 06-28-2016, 01:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
What a great idea. You need to put Trump at the top of the polls so you split the democratic vote.

Genius. I hope Trump quotes CD data polls in his next speech.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:45 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Bernie couldn't beat Hillary in the Democratic primary. Why would he beat her in a general election? Besides which, he's already made it clear that he's not running third party.

And besides, Bernie wouldn't just be "put on the ballot" if he did say he wanted to run - there is a process involved and the deadline in many states has already passed or is rapidly approaching. It takes thousands and thousands of signatures and a major ground game to get this accomplished. Libertarians have been working on this for months and I'm not sure they have met the requirements to be on the ballot in every state yet.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:28 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Pure fantasy.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times
Other than left-leaning independents, who else would vote for Bernie in the general election??????? Despite all the talk about Bernie's "political revolution" and support from independents, he wound up with approximately 4 million fewer votes than Hillary in the primary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections