Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:48 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,675,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thank you for this post! I know a lot of people who are turned off by this man's boorish behaviour. He needs to stand down.

I heard a commentator say to him, at the end of their interview, "Okay, go back to building your empire and running for President."

And that is what Trump is doing - building his personal empire. What a turnoff.
Thank you. I realize most around here, couldn't care less regarding civility. You, are a rare breed.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,995,634 times
Oh please give Trump a break

His campaign is BS, ever heard of Freudian slips?

Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Oh please give Trump a break

His campaign is BS, ever heard of Freudian slips?

That was no slip. And, it brings in question, character?!! .

It makes people wonder, who does he think he is? Seriously, lately, Trump acts like he thinks he can do no wrong. That attitude gives people "pause."

I mean, if he said, "That's BS" ...we could live with that. But, it is Un-Presidential, for that nasty term to be used, publicly.

Last edited by MMM05; 01-10-2016 at 06:03 AM..

Old 01-10-2016, 07:07 AM

7,977 posts, read 7,374,934 times
I seem to recall a June 8, 2010 interview with Matt Lauer, when Obama said he wanted to find out "whose ass to kick" (regarding the BP oil spill). Very presidential.

Obama also called Kanye West a "jackass".

Harry Truman called Gen. Douglas MacArthur a "dumb son of a *****". That's just one quote from "Give 'em hell Harry".

Lyndon Johnson described the difference between a Senator and a Representative as the "difference between chicken salad and chicken s**t". There's more, if you'd care research.

Nixon described San Franciscans as "f*gs and decorators".

And remember when Joe Biden called the ACA a "Big f***in' deal"?

Just examples off the top of my head. Google "Presidential Profanity" when you have time.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 01-10-2016 at 07:15 AM..

Old 01-10-2016, 07:16 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,219,859 times
Touchy dem lovers "aren't ya's"?

IMO:

Mr. Trump speaks like many to most people - he's real like him or not.

Don't think that within the House and Senate members don't speak like that and cuss? Think again!

None of his lingo will hurt his bid for POTUS, in fact it may cement it again because he's real and speaks like most people or what they're thinking and don't say which resonates "far and wide".

Old 01-10-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I seem to recall a June 8, 2010 interview with Matt Lauer, when Obama said he wanted to find out "whose ass to kick" (regarding the BP oil spill). Very presidential.

Obama also called Kanye West a "jackass".

Harry Truman called Gen. Douglas MacArthur a "dumb son of a *****". That's just one quote from "Give 'em hell Harry".

Lyndon Johnson described the difference between a Senator and a Representative as the "difference between chicken salad and chicken s**t". There's more, if you'd care research.

Nixon described San Franciscans as "f*gs and decorators".

And remember when Joe Biden called the ACA a "Big f***in' deal"?

Trump's "That's Bullsh*t" remark, yesterday, is far worse than the other examples you mentioned.

And, is a key reason that Ted Cruz has become a favorite with Evangelicans, as well as many others, who give pause at Trump's ignorant, foolish type talk.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:21 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,235,556 times
You libs really are the word police. Its really sad. Trump is trying to make this country again.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:25 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,716,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Now, this statement truly is BullS**t. Evangelicals, decent family men and women, a ton of voters are totally turned off, insulted and offended by Any Presidential candidate that uses raw, trashy profanity in their Speeches.....as I certainly am.

And, we are not looking to Elect some vulgar schoolyard Brat. Enough of them as it is.

As for you, sir, Forum rules prevent me from a desire to cut loose at your absurd, ignorant statement.
Actually marino760 has a legitimate point.
Many kids do say and act with an attitude OF total disregard to adults. Do you think just because you are something. Everyone else is that something also. Certainly not everyone is an Evangelical.
One of the great things about this country is you can protect yourself and live in a bubble of your own making. But if you escape that bubble and get out in various communities you will see that the world is different than it was in your own head.
There is nothing Trump can say that is more vulgar, trashy, or profane that what the politicians have done over the last 40 years.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:26 AM

6,812 posts, read 6,974,077 times
What an absurd thing to get indignant over. Trump's plain talk, off the cuff and from the heart beats carefully scripted and rehearsed stump speeches every time....even if a little salty at times.

OP, you must live in a bubble if the word "bulls****" is so shocking to you. Every day I hear much worse, in public and on TV. Grow up.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You libs really are the word police. Its really sad. Trump is trying to make this country again.
I am not a Lib, pal. And decency and Values still are a foremost issue with the majority of Conservatives.

Trump constantly....brings his values in question....using offensive terms like "bullsh*t"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections