Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Yes it could. However, after hearing over and over from the Paul forums that we were certain to win Alaska and Montana, I'm not really expecting anything better from the official campaign. Paul's message is a good one, but he's not been very effective at getting it out. I still plan to vote for him in NC, but something has to be done soon to pull those 5 victories he needs. There are 20 states left.

On the flip side, McCain is in a good position to get the delegates he needs to win the nomination outright. If Huckabee drops and gives his delegates to McCain, it's over.
I saw about 5 ads for him on CNN yesterday (maybe it was the channel Beck is on), but that was FAR more than I saw for anyone else. Not sure why I really didn't see any until the day of voting though. I am in Missouri so it's not like those ads really did any good yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I saw about 5 ads for him on CNN yesterday (maybe it was the channel Beck is on), but that was FAR more than I saw for anyone else. Not sure why I really didn't see any until the day of voting though. I am in Missouri so it's not like those ads really did any good yesterday.
I heard that as well. His ads are showing up in states where the voting has already happened. That makes perfect sense.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:44 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Delegate count

Mike Huckabee 190
John McCain 613
Ron Paul 14
Mitt Romney 269

Isn't it about time Paul dropped out?

Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
I tend to agree that McCain is pinning Huck as the probable VP candidate behind closed doors. I'm not precisely sure why. McCain isn't exactly showing poorly in the south to need Huck.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Huck will cater to the Evangelicals that have been ignored thus far.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Huck will cater to the Evangelicals that have been ignored thus far.
True, but I don't think McCain would NEED him to cater to them himself. After all, there seems to be a preponderance of evangelicals willing to support warhawks. I would think he'd be better off with someone else. Seems to me he might erode a good deal of his moderate base with the possible fear of what would happen if he were to kick off here in a couple of years. Huck scares lots of people.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:32 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Delegate count

Mike Huckabee 190
John McCain 613
Ron Paul 14
Mitt Romney 269

Isn't it about time Paul dropped out?
You still haven't learned the game. Paul has plenty of delegates not listed in the "official" results from CNN.

btw: I'm done responding to you. Go troll a different candidate.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Actually the evangelicals have been very effective for Huckabee.I would say that all three may go to the convention but I really think that Romney needs to make a big showing from now on.Of the three left he is the only one that had alot of money to campaign but he had the worse showing for waht he has spent.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Actually the evangelicals have been very effective for Huckabee.I would say that all three may go to the convention but I really think that Romney needs to make a big showing from now on.Of the three left he is the only one that had alot of money to campaign but he had the worse showing for waht he has spent.
Without a doubt! But without Huck in the election, who would they have gone with? I would wager a good number with McCain over Romney. My point is that I don't think McCain needs Huck on the ticket to get that vote in the general. He needs to swing those independents and they won't be coming over for Huck. Plus he might even lose some of the support he currently has with Huck on his ticket!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:41 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
McCain can swing all he wants. When he gets the nomination, the media love affair with him is over and he will be exposed for the rotten scandalous liar that he is. The Dems will win the general election.

If Ron Paul doesn't run 3rd party, I will vote Hillary or Obama before I will vote McCain. They are more honest, intelligent, and loyal to their party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections