Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Only right wingers not voting in the Democrat primaries cares about those stupid emails. That isn't an issue that Americans care about. Sanders did the right thing by trying to focus on the issues rather than nonsense like emails.
Yes they do and it is a reason Sanders will beat Hillary. First, I noted months ago when the Trump thing got started and everyone was crowning Hillary as the president that the same thing propelling Trump was happening with the (D)'s also but it just wasn't in the news yet.

Those supporting Sanders, care even if they care for a different reason. Sander's supporters are just as tired of politicians lying to them constantly. They may have no desire to see Hillary go to jail but they also have no desire to support someone that is going to constantly lie to them.

They wanted real bank reform. They wanted us out of the wars. They didn't want a government that saw to the needs of Wall Street above everything else. They thought they had that in Obama and are dissapointed that he did none of it. They aren't interested in another politicians they know they can not believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 04:33 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
I've watched none of the debates, but the one thing I have not read where Sanders' stands is on this ridiculous immigration. I am voting for the candidate who will put American citizens ahead of immigrants, who will focus on helping blacks and vets who have been forgotten by this Administration, and I am not sure Sanders will do that.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I've watched none of the debates, but the one thing I have not read where Sanders' stands is on this ridiculous immigration. I am voting for the candidate who will put American citizens ahead of immigrants, who will focus on helping blacks and vets who have been forgotten by this Administration, and I am not sure Sanders will do that.
Sanders is for securing the borders.....he isn't for throwing out those already here.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders outlined his immigration reform plan Thursday, saying he would support comprehensive immigration reform and go further than President Barack Obama to protect undocumented immigrants already in the United States. But when it comes to allowing new immigrants into the country, Sanders reiterated his position that opening the border would hurt employment and wages.

“I see two issues. I see the absolute need to provide legal status and protection to the undocumented people who are in this country now — some 11 million people,” the independent senator from Vermont said during a Q&A with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Thursday.

“But here’s where I do have concerns,” he continued. “There is a reason why Wall Street and all of corporate America likes immigration reform, and it is not, in my view, that they’re staying up nights worrying about undocumented workers in this country. What I think they are interested in is seeing a process by which we can bring low-wage labor of all levels into this country to depress wages for Americans, and I strongly disagree with that.”

Why Immigration Is The Hole In Bernie Sanders' Progressive Agenda | ThinkProgress

Old 01-15-2016, 06:23 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
A couple of my friends who dont really have political affiliations have decided to register to vote to all for Bernie.

He seems to be turning out new voters.
Both Sanders and Trump are the "Barack Obama" of 2016 IMHO for the reason you stated.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:25 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Really? Then why has Sanders been seeing his poll numbers rise? He is leading Hillary in key states now, when will you accept the fact that Sanders is a contender and could easily beat Hillary?
I'm with you. I hope Bernie is the nominee.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sanders is for securing the borders.....he isn't for throwing out those already here.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders outlined his immigration reform plan Thursday, saying he would support comprehensive immigration reform and go further than President Barack Obama to protect undocumented immigrants already in the United States. But when it comes to allowing new immigrants into the country, Sanders reiterated his position that opening the border would hurt employment and wages.

“I see two issues. I see the absolute need to provide legal status and protection to the undocumented people who are in this country now — some 11 million people,” the independent senator from Vermont said during a Q&A with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Thursday.

“But here’s where I do have concerns,” he continued. “There is a reason why Wall Street and all of corporate America likes immigration reform, and it is not, in my view, that they’re staying up nights worrying about undocumented workers in this country. What I think they are interested in is seeing a process by which we can bring low-wage labor of all levels into this country to depress wages for Americans, and I strongly disagree with that.”

Why Immigration Is The Hole In Bernie Sanders' Progressive Agenda | ThinkProgress
IF Sanders DOES win POTUS; I've got a real good feeling he'll throw illegal aliens already IN the US under the bus, especially if we're in another bad recession.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:15 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have watched a few of his videos and my impression is that he didn't think he had a chance, like if you were facing a big bully with a lot of clout behind them so you just stayed quiet, but now I think he is in the race and sort of awed like Trump was when the support started to grow and keeps growing. Suddenly they think "Oh, my gosh, I might have a serious chance."

I think this really says something about the country when Trump and Sanders are doing so well. Sanders and Trump are standing in the middle collecting votes from all different demographics.

I think Sanders really getting into the race is great! He is in my top 3 choices and I suspect I'll have only 2 top choices after Iowa and that will be Trump and Sanders.

I know Sanders looks weaker on illegal immigration but I looked at his history on the subject and I think he might be "negotiable".

Again, if you aren't familiar with Sanders, I suggest you watch and listen to what he has to say. He is very intelligent and presents the information about our country in a basic easy to understand format with facts that can be verified rather than just opinions or fast talk. Whether you support him or not, he'll give you knowledge and we heard the commercial that "knowledge is power".

Trump would have a harder time debating Sanders than corrupt Clinton. Since Trump is my first choice, I want to see him "work for it and earn it".

Yes, I think it is time to take Bernie seriously and give him a listen.
Yes, I agree.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Sanders has been quietly building support in the shadow of the Mouth That Roared that is Donald Trump. While Trump is busy whipping up frenzies and throwing people out of his rallies and insulting everyone who doesn't walk in lockstep, Sanders stays above the political circus and simply speaks his message. And his message is one that resonates with everyday Americans, and it is being heard.

The fact that he won't dive down into the muck by attacking his opponents is one of Bernie's attributes, not faults. That's something that those who support Trump couldn't ever possibly understand.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:59 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
I'll probably switch my affiliation from Independent to Democrat to vote for Bernie; Just like I switched from Independent to Republican to vote Ron Paul in the 2012 primaries.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:08 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
I'm voting Bernie in the Primaries. General? I'm not voting for Clinton ever if she wins my vote goes highest polling 3rd party. Bernie? I'd give him a very serious look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections