Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:50 AM

1,676 posts, read 949,168 times

Advertisements

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...ing-democrats/

Of course, the media will never report this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 08:58 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,219,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post

I'm not a poll lover but Obama has made this trend possible imo.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,987,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post

From the poll Commentary Magazine quotes:

Yes, those who call themselves Democrats are lower but those who identify as Democrats still beats Republicans.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:40 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,740,150 times
The Middle Class has abandoned the Democrats. They decide elections.

In the last 4 years
  • GOP Has taken control of the US Senate
  • GOP Now controls the US House by margins not seen by 99% of those alive.
  • The majority of governors are GOP
  • The majority of state governments are controlled by GOP
  • DNC has lost over 1000 seats nationwide.
All elections, including election for US President are state elections. This doesn't bode well for DNC in 2016.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:07 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,146,233 times
First, kudos to you for repeatedly cutting and pasting from your own prior posts. This is helpful to those of us who may have missed the first 7 posts with exact same language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Middle Class has abandoned the Democrats. They decide elections.

In the last 4 years
My memory must be failing me because in 2012 the Democrats gained seats in the House and the Senate, and reelected someone cappuccino colored in the White House. And 2012 is within the "last 4 years" by my calculation.

Quote:
  • GOP Has taken control of the US Senate
GOP will relinquish Senate control in November, as 24 Republican seats are up for reelection, while only 10 are up from the Democratic side. Many of the contested seats are in Blue States. Experts have said that 9 out of 10 seats most likely to flip are Republican, and the 10th is the open seat to be vacated by Harry Reid. Not looking good for the GOP in high turnout Presidential year elections.

Quote:
  • GOP Now controls the US House by margins not seen by 99% of those alive.
Hmm, in Presidential election years, 2008 and 2012, Democrats gained seats in the House. What is 2016 . . . oh, I know, it's a Presidential election year! Democrats are not going to regain majority in 2016 (which they had just 5 years ago), so this is moot.

Quote:
  • The majority of governors are GOP
Impressive gains were made since 2010, when the Democrats had a huge lead in this category as well. I don't have a problem with having GOP governors at all.

Quote:
  • The majority of state governments are controlled by GOP
Ditto.

Quote:
  • DNC has lost over 1000 seats nationwide.
That's 200 each state - if we back out solid blue states, it's a lot more per state. Where did you get this number? Were there even that many seats up for reelection in 4 years?

Quote:
All elections, including election for US President are state elections. This doesn't bode well for DNC in 2016.
Ah, but Democrats have done just fine in Presidential election years as discussed above, even after the disastrous 2010 elections. In 2012, the Democrats gained seats in the House and the Senate. With higher turnout in such years, Democrats are just fine.

Mick

Old 01-14-2016, 10:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,987,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
First, kudos to you for repeatedly cutting and pasting from your own prior posts. This is helpful to those of us who may have missed the first 7 posts with exact same language.

Mick
Thanks Mike for pointing out facts that quell wishful thinking.
I seem to be out of rep bullets for you. Thanks Obama!

Old 01-14-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Dear. I don't normally respond to line by line rebuttal posts where each sentence is picked apart out of context. I don't even bother to read them. If you would like to address what I said without this tactic, I'll be glad to address your concerns.

What I said was very simple. It's also factual, you can look up stats yourself. It also speaks for itself.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:35 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,113,705 times
Quote:
Dear. I don't normally respond to line by line rebuttal posts where each sentence is picked apart out of context. I don't even bother to read them. If you would like to address what I said without this tactic, I'll be glad to address your concerns.

What I said was very simple. It's also factual, you can look up stats yourself. It also speaks for itself.
A longwinded way of saying you can't rebut anything in that post.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:35 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,052,864 times
It is funny how over the years each political party has been declared in a decline, usually by a member of the opposite party.

For instance, when President Nixon resigned, many Democrats and pundits certainly opined that the Republican party was damaged beyond repair. When Newt Gingrich and his fellow Republicans were swept into office it was the demise of the Democratic party.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A longwinded way of saying you can't rebut anything in that post.
Nope. This coming from someone who only makes personal attacks. I take note that you didn't address my post either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections