Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 07:17 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times

Advertisements

Will this newspaper editor be jailed for making a death threat against a major presidential candidate? What if someone takes a shot at Senator Cruz? Will the paper be charged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 07:26 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I didn't like what Cruz said at all. I think it was a low blow.

I also saw it as the completely ironic moment that it was, in that he and Trump have more in common than I thought -- Cruz apparently sees certain groups as "all bad" just like Trump.

No, Cruz's 'New York Values' Slam Won't Hurt Him. Because He's Right, And Even New Yorkers Know It. | Daily Wire
Cruz was talikng about the the people in NYC who thought Deblasio was a good idea.
Deblasio represents the liberal character which NYC has earned.

Sure there are conservatives in NY state and in the boroughs but NY carries the repuation as being uber liberal and out of touch with the rest of the country. Like it or not the NYC crowd collectively is a hybrid population of Darwin's finches that would have a hard time fitting in on another island.

People are reacting to the media interpretation of what Cruz said.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:11 AM

286 posts, read 150,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Will this newspaper editor be jailed for making a death threat against a major presidential candidate? What if someone takes a shot at Senator Cruz? Will the paper be charged?
Hadn't thought of that but it is a good point.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:46 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Cruz was talikng about the the people in NYC who thought Deblasio was a good idea.

Sure there are conservatives in NY state and in the boroughs but NY carries the repuation as being uber liberal and out of touch with the rest of the country. Like it or not the NYC crowd collectively is a hybrid population of Darwin's finches that would have a hard time fitting in on another island.

I reacted to it on a human, visceral level. He threw a blanket statement over all the NY liberals just like Trump throws his over all the displaced Syrian Muslims.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2497009

Did you see the cover of yesterday's NY Daily News? LOL

I'm not a big fan of theirs, but they do have some pretty hilarious covers!
I have New York friends who agree with Ted Cruz. That's because they understand what he was talking about; the Democrats that run it.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:23 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,700 times
Quote:
I agree, and I was shocked he said that. The tone was smarmy, just like his tone of voice -- nasal, whiny, and condescending.
...with a face that many would like to punch!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:28 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

No, they were watching the debate. Believe it or not, everyone doesn't rely on the media to think for them. Most people realize an insult when they hear it. The words combined with attitude. The "anointed" one needs a muzzle.

Quote:
I reacted to it on a human, visceral level. He threw a blanket statement over all the NY liberals just like Trump throws his over all the displaced Syrian Muslims.
I agree. Cruz lumped all of them together, our citizens, people that the POTUS would represent. Now, with Trump and the Syrian Muslims, those are not our citizens which I view differently and having read about Islam, not just ISIS, and sharia law, Trump is on target in wanting to protect the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I have New York friends who agree with Ted Cruz. That's because they understand what he was talking about; the Democrats that run it.
Are your friends also running for POTUS? That does make a difference. Cruz profiled ALL New Yorkers and then he tried to backstep on it. While it may be cute to insult people in his home state, it is not cute on national tv during POTUS debates. That he doesn't know the difference is an issue.

I think Cruz had built up a lot of hostility toward both Trump and the newspaper because the newspaper had carried several less than flattering but truthful articles on Cruz and he just lost it there on stage. The "anointed" one needs anger management.

When I was in kindergarten, there was a grade for "works and plays well with others", old Ted would have failed that one!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:35 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
The fact is demonstrated by Gov. Cuomo that New Yorkers continuously harass and demean conservatives....what Cruz actually said was correct. Trump's response was a great political move to invoke 911 which of course Cruz also applauded what Trump said abut New Yorkers response to 911. Due to how East and west Coasters talk about 'the flyover country,' Cruz will be lauded in said 'flyover country' and again demonstrates the coming breakup of the USA as our differences are too great.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:06 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
In other words you ran on pure emotion and left all reason at the door. Because there was no way you'd gather that from Cruz's entire statement in context. It shows you only saw the soundbites and medias twisted narrative.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:21 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Cruz is such a smarmy bag, he really stepped in it. You know you're in deep when even spoiled white trash Donald Trump puts you in your place. I'm not sure which of those idiots I'm more looking forward to seeing losing to Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections