Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:24 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Cruz and Paul are the only two presidential candidates that have the courage to stand against the ethanol mandate, which is of course made from corn. It is terrible policy and wastes 40% of our corn crop turning it into fuel. It does not help the environment, it does not save consumers money, and we have no shortages of fuel. But corn farmers like it because it makes corn more expensive, so in order to get endorsements such as these, presidential candidates typically endorse this mandate.

Not Ted Cruz. It is bad policy and he opposes it. He has not changed his position and he is still leading in Iowa.

This is why the governor of Iowa is coming out against Ted Cruz. He has not even endorsed anyone, he has wants to try to punish Cruz for opposing this mandate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 01:20 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
King?

Mick
??????

Old 01-20-2016, 01:22 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Cruz and Paul are the only two presidential candidates that have the courage to stand against the ethanol mandate, which is of course made from corn. It is terrible policy and wastes 40% of our corn crop turning it into fuel. It does not help the environment, it does not save consumers money, and we have no shortages of fuel. But corn farmers like it because it makes corn more expensive, so in order to get endorsements such as these, presidential candidates typically endorse this mandate.

Not Ted Cruz. It is bad policy and he opposes it. He has not changed his position and he is still leading in Iowa.

This is why the governor of Iowa is coming out against Ted Cruz. He has not even endorsed anyone, he has wants to try to punish Cruz for opposing this mandate.
Exactly! The Governor is supporting his son's political project, Chris Christi also having his base among the wealthy agribusines. Trump pretending to be an outsider, is taking the insider position on supporting the mandate. Cruz wants to phase it out, which is the only responsible way to go on this issue. The media misreports, no surprise, that Cruz was totally in on the mandate, not true.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:35 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bad day for Ted Cruz. Sarah Palin endorses Trump. Now the governor of Iowa says Cruz must be defeated in caucus.
"I think it would be very damaging to our state," Iowa's governor said of a Cruz victory on caucus night.
Iowa’s Governor Says He Wants Ted Cruz Defeated | whotv.com

And why is that? Why, because Cruz is the only politician willing to stand up and state that he will due away with ethanol subsidies.

The Governor's SON is in the ethanol industry and has been following the Cruz campaign around to get intel on Cruz. It is a vendetta, because Cruz wants to stop taxpayers funding ethanol, when it depletes the food supply, damages car engines and raises the cost of fuel.

But what's this? Right after the Gov. endorses Trump, Trump vows to increase ethanol subsidies and implement STRICTER STANDARDS THAT OBAMA on ethanol fuel mixtures.

So Trump is doing favors for ethanol, in return for an endorsement.

Guess what the biggest business is in Iowa? Ethanol.

Trump, brought to you by taxpayer dollars to subsidize BIG ETHANOL.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
This is a lot like the village idiot endorsing a mayoral candidate.

I would rather have gas without ethanol, cars get better gas mileage on 100% gasoline.
And less damage to your engine at the same time!

Old 01-20-2016, 01:37 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
It looks like they are moving beyond "food" ethanol with "non-food" and it looks very promising. Iowas could also grow other than corn for the production of ethanol. The Truth about Ethanol | Union of Concerned Scientists and this is interesting and when they talk about running out of land to grow crops, they must have never been out in the central US: Ethanol Controversy - Is ethanol really more eco-friendly than gas? | HowStuffWorks It certainly doesn't look like an evil thing to me but then the oil industry isn't putting money in my pocket so that might make my opinion differ with that of Ted Cruz. https://votesmart.org/candidate/camp...z#.Vp_v4X0rLnA

Old 01-20-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You speak for Christians and conservatives? I think not. I never said Trump was a Christian Conservative. What I'm saying is Cruz is a neo-con, progressive, prosperity neo-Christian which many but not all Christians and conservatives are. This is why some Christian conservative endorse Trump.
This is the single most absurd and dishonest post I have yet to see about Ted Cruz.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:39 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bad day for Ted Cruz. Sarah Palin endorses Trump. Now the governor of Iowa says Cruz must be defeated in caucus.
"I think it would be very damaging to our state," Iowa's governor said of a Cruz victory on caucus night.
Iowa’s Governor Says He Wants Ted Cruz Defeated | whotv.com
Iowa's governor is one of those big "crony capitalist", old guard establishment guys that want the public to subsidize the people of his state, by mandating that they ethanol. Idiotic policy for the nation, but it sure lines the pockets of Iowa corn farmers. Glad to see Cruz has some integrity here.

Trump's position on corporate welfare for ethanol producers is one of the limited number of places he differs from Cruz. Sadly in the wrong direction. Cruz and Paul are turning out to be the only fiscal conservatives.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-20-2016 at 02:05 PM..

Old 01-20-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My concern about Cruz is that he wants to make OUR government a theocracy. Although he says that marriage is a state issue so he wants to overturn the decision by the SC on SSM, that already was not working since we are a mobile society. As we know, mixed race couples ran into this same issue when some states allowed it and others did not. Cruz is a religious fanatic. He doesn't want religious liberties for everyone, just those few like him that are preparing for the end of times. He is considered one of the "anointed" ones that is going to deliver the "wealth" to the Kings or some sort of fairy tale to that effect. Some in his group and possibly Cruz himself since he won't answer the questions that were asked of him, feel that gays/homosexuals should be killed per the Old Testament. I can go and go providing links to support this again if needed.

I attended 3 churches in my life I was just in total shock when I read about these people and their Christian dominionism where church and state are joined at the hip. Seriously, this is not good. It sounded so much like radical Islam that it was frightening and there are more of them trying to infest the government so be informed about the background of ALL candidates.

People need to understand what Cruz is. It is so much more than is seen on the surface.

I anxiously await that news and feel pretty confident that i'll be getting it. Cruz goes home. Close the book on a Christian theocracy for a few years anyway.

Impossible. Trump cannot create a Theocracy. He is not a dictator. Such a thing would require dispensing with the Constitution all together and since Cruz is a staunch Constitutionalist, what you suggest is like saying you are afraid that Donald Trump is going to require all means of production be owned by the government.

The sky is not falling, so you can relax Henny Penny!

Old 01-20-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

If I could rep you every time we agree, you would need a full page just for your reps to show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections