Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:47 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,636,715 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I want to say hello to all Bernie Fans on the forum.

I'm pretty excited about Bernie's chances. I would love to see him debate Trump. Two guys telling it as they see it. I don't think Clinton had a chance. Terrible favorables and zero passion by her or for her. Just a Wall Street Robo candidate.

I've contributed to Bernie's campaign but I want to do more. What are others doing our intending to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 03:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Depends on which poll you look at.

Bern is expected to win in NH. It's tight in IA. But the truth is that he could win both of those and still be way behind by the end of March.

I'd like to see him win, but I don't think he really has much of a chance.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:30 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,905,266 times
I'm also very excited about the good news in Iowa for Bernie. We just have to get the silly Democrats in SC and Nevada to come around and see the truth about Hillary now.

Trump vs. Sanders--I would love to see that debate.

I have also contributed and have been active on the phones. I also talk with Democrats I know as well as independents about Bernie and what he can do for us if elected.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:32 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,558,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Hi all,

I want to say hello to all Bernie Fans on the forum.

I'm pretty excited about Bernie's chances. I would love to see him debate Trump. Two guys telling it as they see it. I don't think Clinton had a chance. Terrible favorables and zero passion by her or for her. Just a Wall Street Robo candidate.

I've contributed to Bernie's campaign but I want to do more. What are others doing our intending to do?
It looks like their campaign volunteers are using a website called "Slacker". It's a way for them to organize their own events and stuff like that. It's kind of a forum/chatroom and there's one for every region. Chicago would definitely have one.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Depends on which poll you look at.

Bern is expected to win in NH. It's tight in IA. But the truth is that he could win both of those and still be way behind by the end of March.

I'd like to see him win, but I don't think he really has much of a chance.
I took a look at one of the polls that shows that it is tight in Iowa. Looked to me like the poll was very flawed. The persons polled were heavily skewed to 65+, a demographic that strongly favors Clinton at this time. However, Caucus goers trend to be in the 45 to 65 category. The more recent poll giving Bernie the lead was larger and better represented Caucus demographics.

A heavy 18 - 45 would given Bernie an easy victory. I think the Iowa result will depend entirely on passion, which I believe Bernie's supporters have much more of art this time.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
I'm also very excited about the good news in Iowa for Bernie. We just have to get the silly Democrats in SC and Nevada to come around and see the truth about Hillary now.

Trump vs. Sanders--I would love to see that debate.

I have also contributed and have been active on the phones. I also talk with Democrats I know as well as independents about Bernie and what he can do for us if elected.
Great meeting you!

I think Bernie will need to speak to African American and Latino communities which are heavily tilted to Clinton at this time v and giving Clinton her lead in SC. In time, I hope support will build in these communities. It's an enormous task but it looks like Bernie is up for it. Iowa and NH are key.

Thanks for doing all of the work for Bernie! I too talk to people and of course contribute. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute more as the primaries move into my area in CT/NY, though there is absolutely no shortage of Bernie supporters in NY. 😃

Old 01-22-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
It looks like their campaign volunteers are using a website called "Slacker". It's a way for them to organize their own events and stuff like that. It's kind of a forum/chatroom and there's one for every region. Chicago would definitely have one.
I'm in Stamford, Ct. now. Thanks for the heads up on Slacker. I'm going to check it out now.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,498,369 times
Quote:

Calling all Bernie Fans. Bernie now looking better than Clinton in Iowa and NH.
I'm not so sure Sanders has a big lead in Iowa. Only 500 polled here.....but it is what it is.

Iowa poll shows Clinton up 29 points on Sanders | TheHill

Old 01-22-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm not so sure Sanders has a big lead in Iowa. Only 500 polled here.....but it is what it is.

Iowa poll shows Clinton up 29 points on Sanders | TheHill
Thanks for the link. The CNN poll giving Bernie the lead was three times larger and a demographical balanced pool. If you go to RealClearPolitics you can actually get the detail raw data.

The healline for the The Hill article needs to be repaired. From the article the poll showed Clinton up by 9, so I'm not sure where they got the extra 2. Probably typo.

It all depends upon who turns out. Hopefully Bernie had the vans lined up to bring supporters in!

Old 01-22-2016, 04:17 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,979,608 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link. The CNN poll giving Bernie the lead was three times larger and a demographical balanced pool. If you go to RealClearPolitics you can actually get the detail raw data.

The healline for the The Hill article needs to be repaired. From the article the poll showed Clinton up by 9, so I'm not sure where they got the extra 2. Probably typo.

It all depends upon who turns out. Hopefully Bernie had the vans lined up to bring supporters in!
The best thing people outside Iowa can do now is to phonebank for Bernie in Iowa!

Check this out richrf!

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/content/phonebank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections