Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 06:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Thank you for honestly stating that. Many of those critical of Trump won't admit who they support. To answer question....

No, I don't work for Trump's campaign. I am an ordinary American who supports him who is tired of bought and paid for career politicians.

And I will add this. If Trump is not nominated, and by some miracle Bernie is nominated, then I would vote for him over any of the other GOP candidates. Failing that, I will vote 3rd party as I would never vote for Hillary Clinton.
I too support Bernie, and if he is not the Democratic nominee, I will also vote for a third party candidate before I vote for Hillary Clinton. Probably Jill Stein.

The beauty of Trump pummeling the others in the race for the nomination is that he is a political outsider and it shows the conservative base is sick of politics as usual. While not agreeing with Trump on 90% of what he says, I am glad to know that people on both sides of the aisle are sick of the status quo and want change in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 06:21 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,478,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was unaware that one could become a "certified" conservative.. Can you please link me to information? Thanks..
Maybe he meant "something else"??

Last edited by tangelag; 01-23-2016 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: spur of the moment...

Old 01-23-2016, 10:02 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,683,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gregory View Post
Trump has never and will never care for ordinary Americans. He is one of the least charitable billionaires in the world.

The best predictor of future behavior is past bevahior

It would not be the first or last time someone running for office lies. Trump only cares for Trump. He is part of the 1%. He is not gonna suddenldy change his behavior and give up his power position to help the masses he has never cared to help in the first place

^^^This^^^

Most of our great leaders have spent a majority of their lives in public service.
Their lives have been devoted to principles and values and service to their community.

Trump has focused on one thing only, the Trump brand.
I am unaware of anything he has done for the greater good rather than for himself.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:18 PM

782 posts, read 1,088,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Perfect example of the "drive by" media taking something completely out of context in an effort to smear someone. Oh well, at least it will give Trump full control of the airwaves next week.
Correct. And also applies to the 'drive by' posters in this forum.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yep....I've asked others many times who they were voting for and they either don't answer or they tell me its none of my business.
I'm sorry. I was under the impression that the election was 10 months away. Also under the impression that the nominees have not been selected yet. There are still people talking about running as Independents. We've had some debates, but there have been no presidential debates.

I fail to see why it is so difficult to understand that some people want to hear what all of the candidates have to say, who the candidates in November will be and what associated and external factors may affect the country, before deciding for whom they are going to vote.

The election is November 8. That is quite some time from now. It sounds like you think a rush to judgment makes more sense than weighing all the factors, or as if there is something wrong with making a decision after having a lot more knowledge. Since when is making an educated decision the wrong thing to do?

Old 01-23-2016, 10:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
People have at least some idea who they are going to vote for by now.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:47 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,984,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Most of our great leaders have spent a majority of their lives in public service.
Their lives have been devoted to principles and values and service to their community.
b s. It's all about pay grades and bennies. City job, county job, state job is stressed and repeated dinner table talk in the well-remunerated progressive-left dependent class.

What Howie Carr calls the "Dreaded Private Sector" is the stuff of nightmares for those families.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:27 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gregory View Post
This is a warning.

When Trump doesn't win the election he will go postal. His followers will join him. Civil War 2.0.
Get a grip

Old 01-23-2016, 11:40 PM

27,682 posts, read 16,171,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
What difference does it make.
sHillary, is that you?

Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 PM

27,682 posts, read 16,171,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post

Their lives have been devoted to principles and values and service to their communities
seriously delusional. I don't know whether to laugh or be concerned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections