Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 12:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We won't really know for sure if Trump is Teflon until after the primaries. I keep hearing about all his supporters and seeing them here but off line I have yet to meet a single supporter and I only know of one Trump yard sign. I know roughly a dozen people who went to one of his rallies but they don't call themselves supporters. They were just curious and still making up their minds who to vote for in March.
Same here, I haven't seen a Trump yard sign yet!

Old 01-30-2016, 05:04 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Same here, I haven't seen a Trump yard sign yet!
Damn, I wish I had a Trump sign ... I'd be the envy of the neighborhood if I did ... just need to keep it above snow level. But our primary season is month's away. I guess the two above posters live in IA and NH (probably not ... just something else to pess on). I think I'll call The Donald right now and tell him to ignore his packed audience's and drop out now.

El Nox

Old 01-30-2016, 10:20 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
A a 20+yr veteran, I don't expect citizens running for President of the United States to be fund raisers.

I expect them to demonstrate that they are great leaders who make sure our country gets headed back in the right direction, fixes our economy, establishes policies to make sure our country is safe, economy is sound, keeps a strong military while following through with responsibilities to veterans.

Raising dollars in a fund raisers for vets falls very short of what I expect.

That's about the most ridiculous post I have seen yet. You expect a "CITIZEN" to do all these things? I would really be interested in what you would expect a "President" to do, if that's the case.

I think its great that a "Citizen" as you say, can raise that much money, when he did not have to. I am sure some Veterans would appreciate it, even if you don't, and I am also sure you didn't turn down any benefits either. And you don't speak for all Veterans either, 20 years or 40 years in it.

It would be refreshing if some Trump Haters could make some sense when bashing Trump, so at least it would be a worthwhile debate. Instead all you get is nonsense. You don't mind living off the Government Tax dollar, paid by us, for 20 years, and gathering up the benefits, but you don't want Trump raising money for wounded Veterans groups. That's Precious.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Spineless move on Trumps part. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run.

And all the folks who do this for a living said it was a brilliant move. Guess you would never make it in Politics.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I've never been a fan of someone who backhandedly insults someone as Trump did with his Bimbo statement.

Yep. He was right. She is a Bimbo. She went after a BIg Dawg, and got Mauled. That's a Bimbo...She should have stayed on the Porch.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:35 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
The misogyny here is real.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We won't really know for sure if Trump is Teflon until after the primaries. I keep hearing about all his supporters and seeing them here but off line I have yet to meet a single supporter and I only know of one Trump yard sign.

I know roughly a dozen people who went to one of his rallies but they don't call themselves supporters. They were just curious and still making up their minds who to vote for in March.

You mean "No One" has rushed up to you from out of no where and yelled "I am a Trump Supporter?" That's highly unusual, People around here spend all day telling strangers who they support, even if they don't know them.

What? Only one sign? I guess that means one vote....dang nab it....

so these folks you know went to his Rallies, (just to be curious) but haven't made up their minds? I guess it never dawned on you that they would not tell you how they felt about Trump, knowing you hate him? I wouldn't tell you either. It wouldn't be worth arguing about, and hearing all the hate Trump Crap.

People don't normally go to a Political Rally because they are "Curious." If your Curious, you watch the Candidate on TV , because he isn't worth a trip and standing out in the cold. Think about it. You got "Brushed Off."

Old 01-31-2016, 07:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You mean "No One" has rushed up to you from out of no where and yelled "I am a Trump Supporter?" That's highly unusual, People around here spend all day telling strangers who they support, even if they don't know them.

What? Only one sign? I guess that means one vote....dang nab it....

so these folks you know went to his Rallies, (just to be curious) but haven't made up their minds? I guess it never dawned on you that they would not tell you how they felt about Trump, knowing you hate him? I wouldn't tell you either. It wouldn't be worth arguing about, and hearing all the hate Trump Crap.

People don't normally go to a Political Rally because they are "Curious." If your Curious, you watch the Candidate on TV , because he isn't worth a trip and standing out in the cold. Think about it. You got "Brushed Off."
I don't talk politics with my 99% of my friends and family (and never have) so they have no idea who I support now or in the past. So your theory of me getting "brushed off" is full of bull. But I read their Facebook postings about going to the Trump rally that took place very close by so. These are young people who went to their first political rally and, yes, they went because they were curious about what goes on at a rally and it was free entertainment. Some of them were outright making fun of Trump afterward.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:40 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Default For those "confused" as to why Donald is populer...

Donald's popularity is confusing for some...

As many have found out, Donald is no side show but the main event in the Presidential race.

They love his ideas and the way he delivers them.

"Charisma" and a Powerful message is the formula for political success...and Donald has both...

1. Trump has simple answers for everything.

2. A lot of people dislike immigrants.

3. People are sick of the political establishment.

4. He says things that people have been afraid to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...is-so-popular/

Old 01-31-2016, 12:54 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Donald's popularity is confusing for some...

As many have found out, Donald is no side show but the main event in the Presidential race.

They love his ideas and the way he delivers them.

"Charisma" and a Powerful message is the formula for political success...and Donald has both...

1. Trump has simple answers for everything.

2. A lot of people dislike immigrants.

3. People are sick of the political establishment.

4. He says things that people have been afraid to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...is-so-popular/
If you bring your machete and blaze a trail through the condescension toward Trump supporters that hangs everywhere in the article like vines in a rain forest, it's worth the read.

Basically the author says the same thing the rest of the elite MSM says....that Trump supporters are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections