Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:20 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times

Advertisements

As always, this thread will open about a half hour before the debate starts. All other threads on this topic will either be closed, merged or deleted.
The participants qualifying for the prime-time, 7 p.m. ET debate are: Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum and Jim Gilmore.

The first hour-long forum will be moderated by Martha MacCallum and Bill Hemmer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 05:16 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Am I the only person watching the kid's table? Just war mongering so far.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:24 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
Glad to know I'm not suffering alone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:30 PM

I absolutely can't stand Florina and I really can't figure out why. Jim Gilmore is making some good points.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-28-2016 at 05:56 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I absolutely can't stand Florina and I really can't figure out why. Jim Gilmore is making some good points.
I agree. There is something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. Aside from the fact that she was part of the Lucent debacle and my brother lost it all after he retired. He had a pension but any extra he had put into Western Electric/Lucent stock. Not a sophisticated investor and employees were encouraged by the company to buy the stock. A 40 year employee.

She is articulate but it's her manner. eta: not watching...at work.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I agree. There is something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. Aside from the fact that she was part of the Lucent debacle and my brother lost it all after he retired. He had a pension but any extra he had put into Western Electric/Lucent stock. Not a sophisticated investor and employees were encouraged by the company to buy the stock. A 40 year employee.

She is articulate but it's her manner. eta: not watching...at work.
With your brother's experience I can see why you'd have a built-in reason not to like Carly, but I have no such connection. Like you said, she's articulate BUT she presents herself in such a hostile way, like she's got a pickle up her butt, that it's hard to even listen to her air of superiority.

Well, that debate is over. Trump was mentioned a few times but nothing really new was said.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-28-2016 at 06:29 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 06:27 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times
If you get demoted down to the kiddy table why not just call it quits? What a waste of time and money. None of these candidates have a hope in hell of getting the Republican nomination

Old 01-28-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If you get demoted down to the kiddy table why not just call it quits? What a waste of time and money. None of these candidates have a hope in hell of getting the Republican nomination
They don't but they can raise their speaker's fees the longer they stay in and maybe get book deals.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
A big part of running for President of the United States is the #2 spot ...... Vice President.

Joe Biden didn't "call it quits" in 3 different campaings and he wound up as the V.P. for a totally inexperienced Presidential Candidate.

Fiorina has a lot going for her in certain circumstances. She makes zero sense for a Trump Presidency - he objects to "her face". On the other hand, she is smart, informed and knows people all over the world. She has a lot to offer in certain circumstances ..... so far, the debate moderators in ANY debate have been unable to "stump" her on any subject.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:51 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
A big part of running for President of the United States is the #2 spot ...... Vice President.

Joe Biden didn't "call it quits" in 3 different campaings and he wound up as the V.P. for a totally inexperienced Presidential Candidate.

Fiorina has a lot going for her in certain circumstances. She makes zero sense for a Trump Presidency - he objects to "her face". On the other hand, she is smart, informed and knows people all over the world. She has a lot to offer in certain circumstances ..... so far, the debate moderators in ANY debate have been unable to "stump" her on any subject.
Fiorina needs a spot in government. She's the only one talking about how big it is and that it needs to be cut down to a manageable size and stop the waste. Her only mistake was going after the frontrunner continuously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections