Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 06:08 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times

Advertisements

I hope you are right because Rubio will win the election by ten points. Somehow I doubt it. He is too establishment, too middle of the road on immigration...just not what the mood of the electorate is calling for.

But good luck to him. Rubio, Christie or Kasich would all be highly agreeable to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 06:16 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I hope you are right because Rubio will win the election by ten points. Somehow I doubt it. He is too establishment, too middle of the road on immigration...just not what the mood of the electorate is calling for.

But good luck to him. Rubio, Christie or Kasich would all be highly agreeable to me.

Rubio is doing just what he did a few years ago; looking people in the face and lying through his teeth to get elected. I actually sent a few dollars to his Senatorial campaign, believing he would be tough on immigration, yet as soon as he was elected, he turned his back on TEA Party supporters (me) and joined the gang of eight. He'll do it again, given the chance. Whats the old saying? If someone shows who they really are, believe them.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:28 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
I'm still betting Trump walks away with Iowa and the nomination. I could be wrong, but I doubt that an establishment person will win this time. There's too much anger around them, especially after Jeb! and Rubio both admitted in the most recent debate (in Iowa at that) that they support amnesty.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
If you are getting that Rubio has momentum, consider the source of the information. As the reporters walk around Des Moines and talk to people, ask yourself if you think that Des Moines is representative of the rest of the state of Iowa. Is the biggest city in your state representative of the rest of your state? But, that's where all of the reporters are staying. Every time that woman who did the local newspaper poll tried to tell the two cable channels that she saw no evidence of a Rubio surge, they uh-huh'd her and moved on to a clip of one of their reporters/personalities talking to people in another Des Moines location or said that what they hear is momentum for Rubio.

And the writer of the link is Eric Erickson so consider that, too.

If Rubio wins Iowa or comes in second, it will be because of the weather. The western part of the state, which is apparently more rural, is supposed to get hit with the bad weather first.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:18 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you are getting that Rubio has momentum, consider the source of the information. As the reporters walk around Des Moines and talk to people, ask yourself if you think that Des Moines is representative of the rest of the state of Iowa. Is the biggest city in your state representative of the rest of your state? But, that's where all of the reporters are staying. Every time that woman who did the local newspaper poll tried to tell the two cable channels that she saw no evidence of a Rubio surge, they uh-huh'd her and moved on to a clip of one of their reporters/personalities talking to people in another Des Moines location or said that what they hear is momentum for Rubio.

And the writer of the link is Eric Erickson so consider that, too.

If Rubio wins Iowa or comes in second, it will be because of the weather. The western part of the state, which is apparently more rural, is supposed to get hit with the bad weather first.

Most recent polling does show Rubio gaining momentum in Iowa, with that being said only one showed him being very close, most of the others show him getting closer, but still a bit further back from either 1st or 2nd.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:21 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Most recent polling does show Rubio gaining momentum in Iowa, with that being said only one showed him being very close, most of the others show him getting closer, but still a bit further back from either 1st or 2nd.
Looks like Rubio over performed while the liberal, Trump, underperformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections