Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 12:39 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Because in the mind of a Bernie supporter, everyone is a Bernie supporter.
Not even a Bernie supporter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 12:50 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have seen one poll that says that, And I dont agree with it, and I will explain why.

There are a couple of web sites that name the precinct captains that are known to the public, they either caucused for obama or Clinton in 2008, not Kucinich or anyone to the fringe of the party like that.

These captains are also party leaders and activist, And that is Sander's flaw. He got into the organizing game so late that the people supporting him are unknowns, they arent going to sway anyone.
I think any polls showing how O'Malley supporters would break would likely be unreliable. When you start breaking down polls to 5% of the overall sample (which is what O'Malley is more or less averaging)the margin of error becomes through the roof. The Demoines Register poll basically said they couldn't draw conclusions from the O'Malley supporters 2nd choice because the sample size was so small.

Another interesting wrinkle to the whole thing is that overall vote totals aren't actually released, it is the delegates for each side that are election to the state Convention, and the % each candidate gets of those delegates. The delegates are awarded proportionally (as long as a candidate meets viability at each Preinct). Some of the districts have an even amount of delegates, others have an odd amount a delegates. With how close it is, chances are that any caucuses that award an even amount of districts will likely be a split unless someone wins big in that Caucus or O'Malley manages to meet viability of the Cauucs.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:50 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Debate form OMalley has been the 2 in a 1-2 attack on Clinton so far. He always makes a point to tell everybody what he thinks of Sanders.

Especially on the Glass Steagall issue
I have watched all the Democratic Debates, Townhalls, and Forums, pretty sure the 1-2 Punch was Clinton and O'Malley hitting Bernie, not the other way around, especially on guns

Old 01-31-2016, 01:23 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
I said before that Cruz would win Iowa, but that was before Trump shone a spotlight on his eligibility and before Cruz sent those voter-shaming mailers. Now I think Trump will take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections