Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:00 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times

Advertisements

I've been watching Rubio because I can't figure out his appeal. I've noticed he says the same rehearsed line: 'I'm the only one who can beat Hillary. I'm the only one she attacks.' and I have noticed the media agreeing, yet I see no evidence of this. Poll numbers are conflicting, and both Hillary and Bernie attack Trump regularly, not Rubio.

Trump is called a joke, not a serious candidate, yet he's the one with no political experience beating the 'serious' candidates in the polls, votes, delegates and rally's. He came in second and it's considered a loss, while Rubio came in third and that's considered a win.

Has anyone seen the media work this hard to control the outcome of an election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 10:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I've been watching Rubio because I can't figure out his appeal. I've noticed he says the same rehearsed line: 'I'm the only one who can beat Hillary. I'm the only one she attacks.' and I have noticed the media agreeing, yet I see no evidence of this. Poll numbers are conflicting, and both Hillary and Bernie attack Trump regularly, not Rubio.

Trump is called a joke, not a serious candidate, yet he's the one with no political experience beating the 'serious' candidates in the polls, votes, delegates and rally's. He came in second and it's considered a loss, while Rubio came in third and that's considered a win.

You say you can't figure out Rubio's appeal, just WHAT do you think is Trump's appeal that's allowing him to beat "the 'serious' candidates in the polls, votes, delegates and rally's"?

Old 02-03-2016, 10:16 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Trump ... He came in second and it's considered a loss, while Rubio came in third and that's considered a win.

Trump was the front runner for Iowa and was expected to WIN. He constantly mentioned poll numbers.

Rubio's poll numbers were low and it was a huge surprise to everyone that Rubio did so well. Rubio almost beat Trump. This was a shock to all.

This is all about EXPECTATIONS versus the actual results. Since Trump didn't win, as expected, it was considered a major loss because he did worse than expected. Because Rubio was expected to do badly, it was a major surprise that Rubio did so well.

Things work like this not only in politics.

Anyone that doesn't understand this is either young(and still learning how things work in life) or clueless.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You say you can't figure out Rubio's appeal, just WHAT do you think is Trump's appeal that's allowing him to beat "the 'serious' candidates in the polls, votes, delegates and rally's"?
He has exposed the political process having been on the other side of it. Money from interest groups with an open-border anti-American agenda to be exact. Funding his own campaign, he's not a part of that.

Plenty of other reasons, but that's number one for me.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:18 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Trump's appeal - he's not PC, he talks like a blue collar not like an elitist, he's not establishment - that's it in a nutshell.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:20 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:

Rubio is looking for a Rubio/Trump ticket :-) Or Trump/Rubio ticket

Old 02-03-2016, 10:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
He has exposed the political process having been on the other side of it. Money from interest groups with an open-border anti-American agenda to be exact. Funding his own campaign, he's not a part of that.

Plenty of other reasons, but that's number one for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Trump's appeal - he's not PC, he talks like a blue collar not like an elitist, he's not establishment - that's it in a nutshell.
Trump is as establishment as they come! Just because he may be on the buying end of politics rather than the selling end DOES NOT mean he isn't part of the same old game of money from interest groups controlling the political process.

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:

Yes. 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012 come to mind.

The media despise Trump. But they despise Cruz more. Hence, Rubio's appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump was the front runner for Iowa and was expected to WIN. He constantly mentioned poll numbers.

Rubio's poll numbers were low and it was a huge surprise to everyone the Rubio did so well.

This is all about EXPECTATIONS versus the actual results. Since Trump didn't win, as expected, it was considered a major loss because he did worse than expected. Because Rubio was expected to do badly, it was a major surprise that Rubio did so well.

Things work like this not only in politics.

Anyone that doesn't understand this is either young(and still learning how things work in life) or clueless.
I understand this very well. However, it doesn't negate the fact that they have been promoting Rubio nonstop, and I don't think for a second they would congratulate Trump to this extent had he come in first. Who ever doesn't see the favoritism shown to Rubio is not being honest with themselves and have let the media do their thinking.

I say, the MSM promoting Rubio is solely responsible for his surge and they are doubling down on it.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Trump is on life support and Rubio is the new favorite after a caucus in a small midwestern state. It is distressing that the voices of millions and millions are drowned out by a handful of white, provincial Iowa farmers and the media hounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections