Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 09:53 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Conversation View Post
I want to like Donald Trump. I like his plan on Muslims and Illegal Immigrants but I cringe when he calls people names and swears so much and is always trying to belittle people. He is mean!

If you support Trump are you bothered sometimes when he calls people names and acts like someone in High School? Or do you think that is a plus?
Sometimes I do cringe as well but when I think about it I feel he is right as when I hear Rubio lying and Ted Cruz lying and using kids in his ad's than I feel that trump at least is honest and real and see less of an issue with it.

The other side of Trump is that he has proven to have a heart in the right place by paying off a mortgage for a person that helped him and offered his plane for a sick child when the air lines refused to transport the child.

How many candidates have done something like that?

Hilliary with 4 mansions never did that and on top of that claimed to come out of the White House "poor"!

Bernie sits down with the biggest tax cheat Al Sharpton who has over 4.5 million in back IRS money that he owes!

Old 02-12-2016, 09:55 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I think he is blunt, but I rather the New Yorker blunt than the nice to your face and stab you in the back guy from Texas like Cruz.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:00 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Conversation View Post
I want to like Donald Trump. I like his plan on Muslims and Illegal Immigrants but I cringe when he calls people names and swears so much and is always trying to belittle people. He is mean!

If you support Trump are you bothered sometimes when he calls people names and acts like someone in High School? Or do you think that is a plus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He says what others are thinking but too afraid to say.

People who are offended by his statements are internally dishonest about their own feelings and opinions.

Donald's statements are absolutely tame.
i agree with bulldogdad, trump may be tough, and outspoken, but mean? no. more like he has high expectations for himself and everyone around him.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:21 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,273,013 times
I don't like it myself. But it gets him attention, and there is a certain percentage of very low-information voters who will simply vote for the candidate whose name is the most familiar to them.

In other words, every time Trump says something harsh, the ten million people who take to social media to rip him on it are unintentionally earning him another hundred votes.

And most of the people who aren't going to vote for him didn't make that choice because of his brashness, so it's not hurting him any.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:49 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Sometimes, but we have to look at the whole picture. He speaks the truth regardless of PC. Things are much more cut and dry than most candidates would lead us to believe. One example- the Middle East- either destroy them completely (knowing many innocents would be killed), or get out completely.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Trump Supporters: Do you think he is too mean and profane at times?

Hmm. Let's See

Do you think it's better to deal with this person with an invitation to afternoon high tea & cake, or take the mean an profane approach?

I'm going with mean & profane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections