Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:21 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
I do not appreciate foul language from anyone. I don't use foul language. People however seem to forget our current VP dropping the F-bomb and I believe in closed door sessions (unfortunately) our elected officials routinely use foul language. So I sure wish he wouldn't, but our culture (sadly) is not much bothered by it.
"F-bomb" is foul language. You just broke your own rules on non usage.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
"F-bomb" is foul language. You just broke your own rules on non usage.
F-bomb isnt profanity. I am not saying we should encourage it, but you cant deny that you frequently use it yourself.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:29 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,473 times
How come when some black kids from the hood can't say two sentences without cursing, they're ghetto, but when Trump throws it out there its "telling it like it is". Does he talk like that to his wealthy friends or just to us common peons?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:32 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
Look, maybe YOU feel exactly the way Trump does and wish you had the guts to say the things he says but you don't speak for anyone other than yourself. In my opinion, he's disgusting and shouldn't even be allowed to tour the White House much less live there.
Quote:
So he speaks what you feel in your heart of hearts as well. LOL

Your so blinded by your opinions you cant even see your blatant hypocrisy on this topic.

Carry on.
How did you get hypocrisy out of my reply above? I would never use the foul language Trump does and I'd never make fun of people with disabilities or a veteran who spent five years in a prison of war camp---just to name a few of the things I find disgusting about Trump. I wouldn't do these things because I don't think that way. There is no hypocrisy here. Saying what Trump thinks is not the problem; the issue is what he thinks and the fact that he's like a Neanderthal without a moral bone in is body. And he does NOT speak for me which is what that OP is suggesting---that he speaks for all of us.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:39 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
So he speaks what you feel in your heart of hearts as well. LOL

Your so blinded by your opinions you cant even see your blatant hypocrisy on this topic.

Carry on.
If what Trump says is what is in YOUR "heart of hearts" it's pretty ugly in there. Thankfully, you do not speak for the whole country. As Bernie Sanders said in a forum today:

"As president of the United States I will do everything I can to stand up to the Donald Trumps of the world and their bigotry and their xenophobia and their desire to turn one American against another person."

Sanders vows to stand up to

For which he got a standing ovation.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:41 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Trump is my choice in the current GOP field, but yes, he is too profane.
He also is too much with the twitter.
These flaws are not disqualifying flaws, however.
I am a more issue/ideology voter. We need something different.
This is exactly how I feel. He didn't need to repeat that woman's use of the P-word (one of my least favorite words on the planet--grosses me out every time) at the rally. I'm guessing he does it cause the crowd is with him on these things. He's not going to be using the P-word or dropping S-bombs in state of the union addresses.

There never has been and never will be a perfect candidate. I vote for whose policies will benefit the country the most. The president is never going to be my next door neighbor or have dinner with me. I'll take the rough language over bad policy or being a pathological liar.

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 02-09-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If what Trump says is what is in YOUR "heart of hearts" it's pretty ugly in there. Thankfully, you do not speak for the whole country. As Bernie Sanders said in a forum today:

"As president of the United States I will do everything I can to stand up to the Donald Trumps of the world and their bigotry and their xenophobia and their desire to turn one American against another person."

Sanders vows to stand up to

For which he got a standing ovation.
Another hypocrite.

Check

Old 02-09-2016, 11:48 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Another hypocrite.

Check
To quote Indigo Montoya from The Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Old 02-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
F-bomb isnt profanity. I am not saying we should encourage it, but you cant deny that you frequently use it yourself.
A word or label that describes the thing that is profane is by its own definition profane itself.

Either the word **** is profane or it's not. Calling it an f-bomb does not change its meaning.

To believe otherwise is either ignorance or hypocrisy.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Another hypocrite.

Check
You mean like a hypocrite who would decry Chinese made goods as stealing American jobs but has a history of putting his name on Chinese made goods and profiting from that cheap labor?

That kind of hypocrite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections