Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:52 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Five Ben Carson staffers have quit his campaign and endorsed Ted Cruz. This apparently happened on Monday before the New Hampshire primary.

Quote:
Fox News: Five Carson Staffers Quit ‘Overnight,’ Endorse Ted Cruz

From tonight’s edition of “Special Report”: “Carson took the day off from the trail in New Hampshire. Overnight, five staffers from the SuperPac supporting him quit and endorsed Ted Cruz.”

When contacted by Breitbart News, the Carson campaign said the staffers left weeks ago.

WMUR reported in January:
Jerry Sickles of Keene, the spokesman for the staff, said he and the other four staffers recently came to the conclusion that Cruz is the conservative most able to win the GOP presidential nomination and the presidency. He also noted that Carson has spent very little time campaigning in New Hampshire, which became frustrating to him and the other staffers as they tried to build support in the state.
Just an update for those who may have been confused about whether Ben Carson's support was going to continue to consolidate behind Ted Cruz. They are and they will. See for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 10:54 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
I can see this. Carson's supporters have proven they have absolutely no standards when it comes to picking a president.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
"From tonight’s edition of “Special Report”: “Carson took the day off from the trail in New Hampshire. Overnight, five staffers from the SuperPac supporting him quit and endorsed Ted Cruz.”

Yeahhhhhh, except if they work for the Super PAC they don't work for Carson.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"From tonight’s edition of “Special Report”: “Carson took the day off from the trail in New Hampshire. Overnight, five staffers from the SuperPac supporting him quit and endorsed Ted Cruz.”

They worked for the Carson SuperPac. Those people are serving Ben Carson's campaign. They just cannot coordinate with the campaign on their activities.

In any case, you are missing the forest for the trees.

Carson's campaign is winding down and his support is slowly but surely ebbing over to Ted Cruz. Carson has not announced his formal exit from the race yet, but last I heard he has left the campaign trail and he has flown home to "do his laundry". You really cannot make this stuff up.

Meanwhile, these five paid professionals have apparently seen the writing on the wall. They have pulled the rip-cord and quit.

These five apparently have not even been hired by the Cruz campaign. At least not yet. But presumably they would be favorably disposed if they received such an offer.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:15 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Now, you're not to suppose to expose "the rest of the story".

Cruz needs all the help that he can get since outing himself for what he really is. Cruz, the "troll", I think Chris Matthews nailed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fG__PuR4nU

Old 02-10-2016, 12:44 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Nice! Go Cruz!

Old 02-10-2016, 12:50 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I guess this does explain why Cruz did what he did in Iowa by lying to caucus voters. Mr. Cruz, my Bible says "you reap what you sow" and "vengeance is mine says the Lord", I trust God will make things right.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywhereelse View Post
i guess this does explain why cruz did what he did in iowa by lying to caucus voters. Mr. Cruz, my bible says "you reap what you sow" and "vengeance is mine says the lord", i trust god will make things right.
c.d.s.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:57 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
What did Carson get last night, 2 percent? He's done.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:22 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I think he's toast. He is a great man, but got no traction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections