Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:23 PM

114 posts, read 72,807 times

Advertisements

Based on the my understanding of how the campaign is moving, I feel that it is going to Ted Cruz Vs Hillary Clinton and that is going to be a really nasty one!

In spite of all the strides Berny is making in the Donkey party, he cant get past in most of the other states to get a nomination. He is too left for many democrats and independents.

Trump will start struggling when the debate and questions get more substantive. He cannot keep saying "wait and see what I will do" forever. Bush still seems to struggling even though he might surpass Rubio in coming months with all his money and fire power. Rubio is too young and inexperienced for the role and will slowly start to wither away. This leaves Ted Cruz to be the only one who seems to be balancing out most of these aspects.

My analysis is purely based on an objective look of the candidates. Let me know your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 03:28 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
It is a sad day for this country to even think Hillary stands a chance to be the candidate for the Dummycrat party to be President. Damn this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:31 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,248 times
Trump versus Hillary.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:31 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Is it gonna be Ted Cruz vs HRC ?

No, Cruz won't be nominated.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:34 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
I suspect that Rubio is the only one who can add enough independents to beat Hillary.
I don't think Cruz would beat Hillary in the general election. 41% of voters are Independent, and I don't
think they will go for Cruz.

BTW -- Is there a difference between a donkey and a jack a$$ ?
What in the world would possess a political party to use a donkey/Jack a$$ as it's symbol???

Old 02-14-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Is it gonna be Ted Cruz vs HRC ?

No, Cruz won't be nominated.
Will be interesting to hear your position on this statement. Who else? Trump or Bush? I cant think of anybody reaching there.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,489,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Trump versus Hillary.
I agree, and Trump will win.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I suspect that Rubio is the only one who can add enough independents to beat Hillary.
I don't think Cruz would beat Hillary in the general election. 41% of voters are Independent, and I don't
think they will go for Cruz.

BTW -- Is there a difference between a donkey and a jack a$$ ?
What in the world would possess a political party to use a donkey/Jack a$$ as it's symbol???
Somehow I cannot visualize Rubio as the C-I-C given his personality traits. He is good in his head and will mature into a good candidate, may be in a few years from now.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekspere View Post
Based on the my understanding of how the campaign is moving, I feel that it is going to Ted Cruz Vs Hillary Clinton and that is going to be a really nasty one!

In spite of all the strides Berny is making in the Donkey party, he cant get past in most of the other states to get a nomination. He is too left for many democrats and independents.

Trump will start struggling when the debate and questions get more substantive. He cannot keep saying "wait and see what I will do" forever. Bush still seems to struggling even though he might surpass Rubio in coming months with all his money and fire power. Rubio is too young and inexperienced for the role and will slowly start to wither away. This leaves Ted Cruz to be the only one who seems to be balancing out most of these aspects.

My analysis is purely based on an objective look of the candidates. Let me know your views.

For Cruz to beat Trump for the nomination he has to win in the states winner takes all delegates:

1) South Carolina 50 delegates
2) Florida 99 delegates
3) Illinois 69 delegates
4) Ohio 66 delegates
5) Arizona 58 delegates
6) Wisconsin 42 delegates
7) Delaware 16 delegates
8) Maryland 38 delegates
9) Pennsylvania 71 delegates
10) Indiana 57 delegates
11) Nebraska 36 delegates
12) California 172 delegates
13) Montana 27 delegates
14) New Jersey 51 delegates
15) South Dakota 29 delegates

If Cruz can't beat Trump in South Carolina.....forget the rest of the states in that list........Trump wins those states of winner takes all then all Trump has to do is get 30% min. in the rest of the states that are proportional.

Do you have a path for Cruz to get to 1,237 delegates to win the nomination? I don't without winning those states above.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:42 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,654 times
Aslong as it's Trump or Cruz, I'll be happy. Slam in the dunk victory for the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections