Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 10:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,970,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Hit piece to help the Cruz campaign who Brietbart is in the tank for. Not shocked...Cruz has been getting desperate, his internals must not be good.
Yep, my thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 10:29 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,970,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Rubio tried to distance himself from the Gang of 8 but Chuck Schumer called him out on that. Chuck said that no one forced Rubio to join and once Rubio joined, he was an active member.

The thing is, when Rubio was running for senate, he said that he was against amnesty for illegals. Even though I don't live in FL, I was at a fundraiser for my then-congressman that was held on election night. The TV was on in the room and when Rubio was announced as the winner in FL, the audience cheered (myself included) because we were pleased that we would be getting another senator who would stand firm against amnesty. Of course, once Rubio was in office, he did a 180

Also very disturbing is his support for an increase in H1-B visas, despite this visa program being corrupted to the point where it is being used to replace Americans with visa holders. When Disney (in Rubio's home state) did just that, Rubio was silent.

And, yes, the so-called "immigration reform" bill was, thankfully, never voted into law. That happened because Americans (like myself) let our reps and senators that we were against this nightmarish bill.
You didn't answer her question. Is Trumpf the only candidate who is permitted to evolve? You Trump cheerleaders remind me of the Obama pom pon squad.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:55 AM

7,522 posts, read 5,768,086 times
Well, it appears the GOP has taken a page from the PC/Liberal handbook.

Call someone a conspiracy theorist instead of racist, islamaphobe et al as liberals do when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Liberals have this down to an art though.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...com-ice-union/

Old 02-20-2016, 01:31 PM

22,488 posts, read 12,039,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You didn't answer her question. Is Trumpf the only candidate who is permitted to evolve? You Trump cheerleaders remind me of the Obama pom pon squad.
Sure, candidates are allowed to "evolve".

However, with Rubio, there is a pattern. When he was running for senate, he said he was against amnesty and that garnered him many votes. Once in office, he joined the Gang of 8 and came up with that so-called nightmare of an "immigration reform" bill which had provisions in it that would hurt Americans. And, yes, it had a provision to amnesty gang members as long as the members said that they quit the gang. Now that Rubio is running for president, he has tried to distance himself from the whole thing. It took Chuck Schumer calling him out to expose Rubio's involvement with this disaster. So, now Rubio is once again saying that he is against amnesty. What happens if he gets elected? Since there appears to be a very distinct pattern here, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he starts promoting amnesty once again.

This goes beyond "evolving". It comes across as a very calculating form of deceit.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:41 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:

However, with Rubio, there is a pattern. When he was running for senate, he said he was against amnesty and that garnered him many votes. Once in office, he joined the Gang of 8 and came up with that so-called nightmare of an "immigration reform" bill which had provisions in it that would hurt Americans. And, yes, it had a provision to amnesty gang members as long as the members said that they quit the gang. Now that Rubio is running for president, he has tried to distance himself from the whole thing. It took Chuck Schumer calling him out to expose Rubio's involvement with this disaster. So, now Rubio is once again saying that he is against amnesty. What happens if he gets elected? Since there appears to be a very distinct pattern here, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he starts promoting amnesty once again.

This goes beyond "evolving". It comes across as a very calculating form of deceit.
So what does that make Trump, who has changed his stance on some things from one day to another?

Trump vs Trump
Donald Trump flip flops
Hilarious Colbert Trump v Trump

Old 02-20-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So what does that make Trump, who has changed his stance on some things from one day to another?

Trump vs. Trump: A Look at Donald Trump's Evolving Positions Over the Years - NBC News
Well, if I'm not mistaken, you called that "evolving".

Rubio only says what he thinks will get him elected. That much is obvious, given that he now is trying so very hard (and failing) to distance himself from the gang of 8. Yet, he still supports increasing the number of H1-B visas, even in light of what happened in his home state. He was silent when it happened in FL.

Trump wasn't a presidential candidate years ago.

Heck, my own positions have "evolved" over the years. If I had to guess, so have yours. And, yes, you and I aren't running for office. Neither was Trump all those years ago.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Well, if I'm not mistaken, you called that "evolving".

Rubio only says what he thinks will get him elected. That much is obvious, given that he now is trying so very hard (and failing) to distance himself from the gang of 8. Yet, he still supports increasing the number of H1-B visas, even in light of what happened in his home state. He was silent when it happened in FL.

Trump wasn't a presidential candidate years ago.

Heck, my own positions have "evolved" over the years. If I had to guess, so have yours. And, yes, you and I aren't running for office. Neither was Trump all those years ago.
I'm not the one who came up with that evolving crapola, that was a gift from the a Trump camp. But, you know what, you are right that Trump wasn't running for President back before he "evolved", so he said those things because they were really what he believed. As you point out, people running for office often say what they think the voters want to hear.

Trump still hires H1b and H2b visa holders in his companies, how is that better?

If Donald Trump can evolve then Marco Rubio or any other candidate can evolve.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:59 PM

7,522 posts, read 5,768,086 times
Quote:

You nailed it! He's lying his azz off. His parents were Cuban. Does ANYONE think he's serious about stopping illegal immigration? If they do someone is very gullible and niave.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I'm not the one who came up with that evolving crapola, that was a gift from the a Trump camp. But, you know what, you are right that Trump wasn't running for President back before he "evolved", so he said those things because they were really what he believed. As you point out, people running for office often say what they think the voters want to hear.

Trump still hires H1b and H2b visa holders in his companies, how is that better?

If Donald Trump can evolve then Marco Rubio or any other candidate can evolve.
You do know that the H2b visa is for unskilled seasonal labor, don't you? I googled and didn't find anything that said Trump hired H1-Bs. If there is something specific, pass it along. If anything, I've found Trump's plans for major H1-B visa reform.

So, if you said something 10 or 20 years ago, and now feel differently it means that it was what you really believed? In other words, you aren't allowed to change your mind? Or is it that you haven't really changed your mind at all if you say you now feel differently?

Rubio isn't "evolving". He is saying what he thinks he needs to say to get elected. Saying he was against amnesty for illegals got him lots of support and a victory in his senate run. Once he got into office, he joined the Gang of 8. Now that he is running for president, he is trying (and failing) to distance himself from the gang of 8. No one forced him to join the gang of 8. If he felt that they were going in the wrong direction, then he should have had the courage of his convictions and quit the group. Yet, he did no such thing.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You do know that the H2b visa is for unskilled seasonal labor, don't you? I googled and didn't find anything that said Trump hired H1-Bs. If there is something specific, pass it along. If anything, I've found Trump's plans for major H1-B visa reform.

So, if you said something 10 or 20 years ago, and now feel differently it means that it was what you really believed? In other words, you aren't allowed to change your mind? Or is it that you haven't really changed your mind at all if you say you now feel differently?

Rubio isn't "evolving". He is saying what he thinks he needs to say to get elected. Saying he was against amnesty for illegals got him lots of support and a victory in his senate run. Once he got into office, he joined the Gang of 8. Now that he is running for president, he is trying (and failing) to distance himself from the gang of 8. No one forced him to join the gang of 8. If he felt that they were going in the wrong direction, then he should have had the courage of his convictions and quit the group. Yet, he did no such thing.
There are unskilled American laborers who can't get work. Those H2b visas help keep the unskilled labor wages low. I realize we are not discussing huge numbers, but it all adds up.
Quote:
The Mar-a-Lago, a luxury resort in Palm Beach, Florida, has sought the most foreign workers of the nine Trump businesses: 787 workers since 2006, according to the data.

This month, the resort filed paperwork seeking to bring in 70 foreign workers later this year on H-2B visas to serve as maids, cooks and wait staff, according to paperwork known as “job orders” published on the Labor Department's web site.
Exclusive: Donald Trump's companies have sought visas to import at least 1,100 workers | Reuters
Just to be clear, "this month" in the article was referring to the summer of 2015. As in, while he was running around screeching about how awful this is, how it steals American jobs, preaching against it. Trump is the king of hypocrisy.

I fail to understand how someone who contributed in a committee to write a bill, that he now says is not passable, is worse than someone who hires those workers while saying we need to do something to end them. Why are there such lower standards for Trump than other candidates? Help me out here, did Rubio lead a bill to move jobs to China and Mexico? Because, that is another thing Trump ranted about but is one of the people who does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections