Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Which means we should stop trying to restrain Israel from crushing the Islamists in Lebanon (Hezbollah) and Gaza (Hamas) and should defend them in the UN continuously. If we want others to do the fighting for us, we need them to know they have our support.
We should want them to do the fighting for themselves, and stay out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:30 PM

549 posts, read 293,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In order to destabilize something it would first have to be stable. Just WHEN has that been the case with the ME? The foolishness began at least as early as 1952 with the Iran coup and no doubt much earlier than that.
lol at your 1952 example. A coup orchestrated by the U.S. & western allies...

CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup | World news | The Guardian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_I..._d%27%C3%A9tat

Trump as "non-interventionist"... Even trump doesn't know what trump is, let alone the rest of us...

Dude is just an archie-bunkeresque simpleton when it comes to world affairs... With archie-bunkeresque solutions... The reason people think he's "non-interventionist" is because he says stuff like "let the russians handle it" (a nice simple solution)... Of course, then he says "Take the oil"... and in the next breath: "Iran (ie Russia's ally in this fray) is taking over Iraq"...

You can't have it all trump. You can't let russia bomb, iran take over and then we get the oil...

In trump's non-interventionist future: Fifth largest oil reserves in the world (iraq), controlled by our superpower rival (russia) & their pals in iran, right on the doorstep of iran's rivals: saudi arabia (our ally) & our troubled nato bro, Turkey.

hey maybe trump and putin would indeed get along ... as putin plays him for a fool & laughs behind his back! maybe putin will introduce him to his next wife...

Trump just comes across as kinda simple. To call him "non-interventionist" is to ascribe to him sophistication he just doesn't have...

I bet bernie would help the country shift focus to renewables. Wouldn't solve the problem, but we're gonna have to do it anyway, with global warming & all...

Old 02-23-2016, 07:05 AM

13,515 posts, read 17,065,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_I..._d%27%C3%A9tat

Trump as "non-interventionist"... Even trump doesn't know what trump is, let alone the rest of us...

Dude is just an archie-bunkeresque simpleton when it comes to world affairs... With archie-bunkeresque solutions... The reason people think he's "non-interventionist" is because he says stuff like "let the russians handle it" (a nice simple solution)... Of course, then he says "Take the oil"... and in the next breath: "Iran (ie Russia's ally in this fray) is taking over Iraq"...

You can't have it all trump. You can't let russia bomb, iran take over and then we get the oil...

In trump's non-interventionist future: Fifth largest oil reserves in the world (iraq), controlled by our superpower rival (russia) & their pals in iran, right on the doorstep of iran's rivals: saudi arabia (our ally) & our troubled nato bro, Turkey.

hey maybe trump and putin would indeed get along ... as putin plays him for a fool & laughs behind his back! maybe putin will introduce him to his next wife...

Trump just comes across as kinda simple. To call him "non-interventionist" is to ascribe to him sophistication he just doesn't have...

I bet bernie would help the country shift focus to renewables. Wouldn't solve the problem, but we're gonna have to do it anyway, with global warming & all...
Someone earlier made the comparison to the British Empire...there is one difference..Britain is a relatively tiny island with few natural resources in terms of energy. Most of the coal is probably gone. Modern Britain cannot be energy independent.

This is no the case with the US. The US could be energy independent if all it's natural resources were harnessed. I mean, the amount of sun in the southwest should be enough to power every house in a place like Phoenix. There's almost no reason to use oil for power in the entire southwest US.

With that in mind, we could be out of the middle east for 50 years until they move into at least the 20th century. I don't think it's about what's good for the country as much as a few landed interests in that area (oil companies). That way we wouldn't have to deal with either the Saudi contingent or the Iranian contingent, and they can go about destroying each other.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:10 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post

Fat fingered typing, I was off by a year

I only wish there was a true non-interventionist in the race, someone who might actually worry about our own country's problems.

Once again looks like that's not to be.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:12 AM

37,973 posts, read 17,926,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USERXXXX View Post
At this time, we all believe that Trump's agenda is non-intervention to foreign affairs. There are many Russian experts believe that Trump will retreat from Syria even Iraq.

How do you think about non-intervention ideology? I am sure that many chickenhawk will be disappointed.
He's not non intervention. He was for going into Iraq.

2002 Interview with Howard Stern
Stern: Are for invading Iraq?
Trump: Yeah, I guess so, I wish the first time it was done correctly.

How many times is Trump going to evolve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections