Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Call it. Will Hillary even make it to the general election -
Yes 8 66.67%
No 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times

Advertisements

Folks this is your chance to call it now. Do you think Hillary will even make it to the end of the democratic primaries?

Her losing trend is starting to accelerate just like anyone could have predicted once Trump had a chance to focus on her.
Also former Cruz supporters etc are able to switch over to vote out hillary now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 04:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
She's on a losing trend for sure. The wheels are coming off that campaign.

However it's clear she will be the nominee because the DNC Super Delegates are going to make this so regardless of what the voters are doing.

The election has been unfair to Bernie from day 1 when he won the popular vote in Iowa and they pulled all kinds of tricks to give it to Hillary.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:36 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
I dont know if she can win another state. She is a flawed candidate.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I dont know if she can win another state. She is a flawed candidate.
I would say she is a seriously flawed candidate but it doesn't matter this time in the least because so is Bernie. And when it comes the the general election so is Trump. For the first time since I started voting, and we are talking about over four decades, I have no interest in voting.

When historians try to trace the destruction of "The Great American Experience" in the future, reality TV's role will be a part of that discussion. As will this election, that it gave birth to.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
She better make it to the General Election. She's beatable. I can't believe this but I'm actually rooting for her to beat the e-mail rap just because I'd rather have her for Trump's opponent.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:08 AM

953 posts, read 843,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I would say she is a seriously flawed candidate but it doesn't matter this time in the least because so is Bernie. And when it comes the the general election so is Trump. For the first time since I started voting, and we are talking about over four decades, I have no interest in voting.

When historians try to trace the destruction of "The Great American Experience" in the future, reality TV's role will be a part of that discussion. As will this election, that it gave birth to.
Well said ... my interest in voting is no longer there.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:18 AM

9,365 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
For the first time since I started voting, and we are talking about over four decades, I have no interest in voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
... my interest in voting is no longer there.

The presidential section of the ballot is a relatively small, even tiny, portion of the total; the individual citizen voter has a lot more duty to perform on it.

But you have a point: as a result of various historical developments, weight in the Constitutional balance has long shifted to the presidency, and the advent of television and other mass media has compounded that, turning it into a popularity contest, lately even to the point of demagoguery.

When analyzing the decay, demise, destruction of "The Great American Experiment", all that is certainly part of the discussion, but in my view only as a symptom; the underlying cause is chronic consumption in excess of production on US soil, in spite of a highly efficient, machine-like economic system, and various power groups' willful transgression, to further aggrandize their own power, of territorial integrity and legality, the very definition of a political economic unit.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Did you by any chance wake up from a 5 month coma recently?

What are you talking about? The only way she can lose at this stage is if she gets indicted.

Go back to sleep, brother.

Mick

Old 05-11-2016, 05:23 AM

9,365 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Did you by any chance wake up from a 5 month coma recently?

What are you talking about? The only way she can lose at this stage is if she gets indicted.

Go back to sleep, brother.

Mick
I think the meaning of the poll question, and this whole electoral cycle in general, is people's frustration over the refusal, by the democrats, and the inability, by the republicans, to offer credible candidates, i.e. in the interests of legal US citizens on US soil.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:26 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I think the meaning of the poll question, and this whole electoral cycle in general, is people's frustration over the refusal, by the democrats, and the inability, by the republicans, to offer credible candidates, i.e. in the interests of legal US citizens on US soil.
No, that's the meaning of the poll you wish to ascribe. That's not what the original post says.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections