Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:59 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
It's worse than that. It's publicly calling someone out without giving them an opportunity to retort except in a public forum. It's basically bullying.
agree -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 05:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
It's worse than that. It's publicly calling someone out without giving them an opportunity to retort except in a public forum. It's basically bullying.
That's why Trump likes it. Remember - "no hard questions Mika". Tweeting allows him to avoid being challenged and exposed as a short-fingered vulgarian.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:05 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Trump and his followers don't like PC so why should I be PC and give this hate monger any type of respect because of tact and etiquette?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:12 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
I absolutely would give him a chance.

He has hinted that the way he campaigns is not how he would govern. Normally I would dismiss that kind of statement, but his record prior to his running for president is inconsistent with all the stupid rhetoric he has been spewing since last June. He is a buffoon to some extent, but he is not an evil or stupid person (which cannot be said for many who worship him). He has indicated that he knows he has to keep saying controversial stuff to continue the 24/7 news coverage of him, so who knows what he believes in.

Clearly, he will butt heads with the Republicans in Congress, and he would try to destroy them. That would be awesome and fun to watch. Just imagine the Trump-Cruz battles continuing. Epic.

He will clearly step down after a couple of years, because Presidency is boring and aggravating for a guy with billions of dollars. When would he have time to the Czech Republic to find another impressionable, green card hungry chick? The lease is almost up on Melania, as she approaches 50-ish. And welcome our next President, Sarah "Nailin" Pailin. The populace rejoice.

Mick

Old 02-24-2016, 05:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:

That is why Trump refuses to attend any Town halls with the other candidates. He prefers to use his "tent revivals" to bad mouth the other candidates without them having the opportunity to refute his lies. He does the same with Twitter. He then doubles down when the candidates call him out on his lies.

He is a sleaze and a bully. He has Fox News wrapped around his finger.

I would love for someone to investigate how much airtime Fox is giving Trump. Shouldn't that be considered payment in kind to his campaign?

Trump and Murdock have some back deal agreement to give Trump a free hand at Fox. I know that the party line is that Murdock is a Rubio supporter, and Rubio does get love, love, love from the talking heads on Fox. BUT no one gets the air time that Trump gets on any of the stations and there is a reason for that.

Someone needs to find out what that reason is. Sure, ratings are involved, but there is more to it than that.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Trump and his followers don't like PC so why should I be PC and give this hate monger any type of respect because of tact and etiquette?
this explains a lot of the posts about him here - and his nicknames (Trumpy, Mein Trumf, Trumpapotamus) - why does anyone expect Donny to get respect when he and his followers are callous, rude, and offensive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcuWba_HgU

Old 02-24-2016, 05:45 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
this explains a lot of the posts about him here - and his nicknames (Trumpy, Mein Trumf, Trumpapotamus) - why does anyone expect Donny to get respect when he and his followers are callous, rude, and offensive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcuWba_HgU

And Trump fans watch this but don't mind, they actually like it. The like the way he behaves, they call it "telling it like it is" but if others talk bad about Trump he and his followers can't take it. Then it is something else, then it is "nasty" or "unprofessional". Best example Megyn Kelly. He calls her bimbo, his fans applaud. She shoots back equally childish, she is a unprofessional woman who's just out for attention.......

Old 02-24-2016, 11:01 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
How do you separate the Pubs from the right wing noise machine? I thought that was the party's publicity department.
I think of people like my brother in law, who says and thinks nonsense. He repeats anything Limbaugh says. At first, he cautiously wished Obama well and acknowledged he was out of step with the consensus. If the noise machine didn't exist he probably would have gone on to see Obama as a decent president.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:12 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
That is why Trump refuses to attend any Town halls with the other candidates. He prefers to use his "tent revivals" to bad mouth the other candidates without them having the opportunity to refute his lies. He does the same with Twitter. He then doubles down when the candidates call him out on his lies.

He is a sleaze and a bully. He has Fox News wrapped around his finger.

I would love for someone to investigate how much airtime Fox is giving Trump. Shouldn't that be considered payment in kind to his campaign?

Trump and Murdock have some back deal agreement to give Trump a free hand at Fox. I know that the party line is that Murdock is a Rubio supporter, and Rubio does get love, love, love from the talking heads on Fox. BUT no one gets the air time that Trump gets on any of the stations and there is a reason for that.

Someone needs to find out what that reason is. Sure, ratings are involved, but there is more to it than that.
The reason?

Trump is a winner.

The others are losers.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:16 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Are you going to give President Trump a chance

.. in hell.

Last edited by owl6969; 02-24-2016 at 11:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections