Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Gravitas isn't a word anyone should be using to describe Trump unless it is in the phrase "....doesn't have gravitas."

Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 03:12 PM

684 posts, read 515,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Trump has done good for himself as a businessman but it does not translate to him being a good politician. His arguments are hollow and the second you question him on policies, he has no details to back his claims. He is using his theatrics to be more popular but I am yet to see detailed policy plans that would back ANY of his statements.

That's what many like about Trump ..he is not a very good politician! As for policy details its not even important these days because we all know after years of even great policy details nothing ever gets done by politicians who have the best laid plans.

What was Obama's first order of business? Closing Guantanamo but all these years later he is having to use executive orders and free the inmates just do get it done before he leaves office. Same with Obama care which has been a total disaster. A web site that cost 100 million dollars and didn't work for a health care plan thats putting people out of work and moving full-timers to part time jobs.

so for me personally Id rather have someone like Trump who says nothing and is vague rather than to be disappointed with detailed plans that never come to fruition.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:15 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,549 times
I dont like Marco, but I am currently watching his rally and he looks very relaxed, and he is trolling the hell out of Trump. He shouldve done this a long time ago.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:16 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Very well stated -

and it appears Rubio is playing the same insult your opponent strategy today:

"Donald Trump doesn't know what the Nuclear Triad is......he thinks they're some punk rock group band from Eastern Europe"......
Seeking the role of US President and not having a clue about the Nuclear Triad (like Trump) is NOTHING to joke about.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:21 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,190,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
That's what many like about Trump ..he is not a very good politician! As for policy details its not even important these days because we all know after years of even great policy details nothing ever gets done by politicians who have the best laid plans.

What was Obama's first order of business? Closing Guantanamo but all these years later he is having to use executive orders and free the inmates just do get it done before he leaves office. Same with Obama care which has been a total disaster. A web site that cost 100 million dollars and didn't work for a health care plan thats putting people out of work and moving full-timers to part time jobs.

so for me personally Id rather have someone like Trump who says nothing and is vague rather than to be disappointed with detailed plans that never come to fruition.
I wouldn't care if an individual wasn't a politician but he has to have a very detailed, intelligent and coherent plan. My concern is Trump doesn't understand the intricacies of the problems he is talking about. Making a claim that he will fix the immigration problem, tackle ISIS, healthcare, etc. without providing any details whatsoever is very misleading. He is trying to impress the country with his insults and abrasive statements, creating an impression he is an arrogant outsider, a bad-boy who would turn Washington around overnight. So far it seems he does not have any more knowledge of any of the domestic and international topics than what one could read on Wikipedia, and even worse, he has not presented any plan on how he would handle each of the issues. "I will get Mexico to pay for the wall" would sound great in a movie or a drama and people would cheer, but in real world it sounds dumb and absolutely unrealistic.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,694,432 times
Rubio has voted for everything Obama has wanted and Rubio supports Amnesty. That is enough for me to say bye, bye to Marco. Ted Cruz is a stand up guy, but there is something about him that turns me off. And his campaign staff resorted to dirty tricks against my first choice, Dr. Carson. Carson is not going to win, that is obvious now, so I had choice between Trump and Cruz. What tipped me to Trump is that Cruz was educated by Harvard professors and is a lawyer. Our government for the past four decades has been run by Ivy League lawyer, I am sick of them. Time for some new blood and different ideas.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:32 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I dont like Marco, but I am currently watching his rally and he looks very relaxed, and he is trolling the hell out of Trump. He shouldve done this a long time ago.
it was the best speech I've seen him make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHFLioMd6vs

Old 02-26-2016, 03:35 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,621,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
I wouldn't care if an individual wasn't a politician but he has to have a very detailed, intelligent and coherent plan.
But like the poster said, we've seen many politicians with plans and intelligent ideas. Yet nothing ever comes of them. So what's the point?

Old 02-26-2016, 03:51 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,219,958 times
I think Rubio is winning the battle but losing the war. Because while many like to see Trump taken down a notch or aped I've also seen a fair number of my conservative friends who were thoroughly disgusted by almost the entire stage last night.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:57 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think Rubio is winning the battle but losing the war. Because while many like to see Trump taken down a notch or aped I've also seen a fair number of my conservative friends who were thoroughly disgusted by almost the entire stage last night.
Trump has been obnoxious throughout the campaign as well as every debate. He got a pass.

But when Rubio gives him a taste of his own medicine, people get up in arms. The strategy is like throwing a Hail Mary in footbal....very low percentage chances - and any chance of a VP spot for Rubio is now gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections