Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Donald trump destroy the Republican Party?
Yes 69 42.33%
No 94 57.67%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:44 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,782,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The problem is, although Trump is indeed a con artist, so are his GOP opponents.
Yeah, Paul Krugman is a con artist himself, he should know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 08:53 AM

28,964 posts, read 30,316,545 times
I said no and here's why
The party destroyed itself, especially over the past 8 years...even hard core republicans are disgusted with them, way before Trump came into the Picture...and I believe that is why Trump came into the picture, b/c it has been very obvious, what both parties have been doing. They are so corrupt, and bought and paid for by the wealth of this world....

For years now, corporations have been wanting to move their businesses to other parts of the world to make even more money...they don't care about the American people, all they care about is making more and more, at the cost of not only the Americans, but they know people in these other countries are hungry, so they'll work for cheaper labor and benefits, plus, they are certainly not having to govern their products with the laws like here in the states....

Right now, your seeing more propaganda from the Republican Party against their own candidate, it is very obvious they fear him, and they also fear, he WILL beat Hillary, otherwise, FOX news wouldn't be risking their own necks by attacking him.

One thing....Trump is a nice guy, but he is childlike, and anytime someone attacks him personally, he cannot keep his mouth shut...and instead of ignoring it, he jumps right back at them with something horrifically stupid and that makes me angry....He should be ignoring those questions, he should have hired advisors since the very beginning but would he listen, probably not.

I'm really getting annoyed with him....in that respect. When you hear him on a one on one basis, he's fine...but he's got to grow up and stop buying into their insults, b/c he now represents everyone who is behind him....

Old 03-04-2016, 09:10 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,116,685 times
It will be destroyed if they do NOT nominate him. How could anyone support a party where what the majority of people want is overridden by what the power brokers want?! I'm not a fan of either party, but to ignore the populace and ONLY pay attention to the "big boys", and their own selfish agenda would be assanine and a total disaster!

Old 03-04-2016, 09:41 AM

in my eyes, this is a war, against the establishment....they don't care about the American people, or our deficit, or our weather, they care about power and money, and the horrendous amounts of money they are making from slave labor, in this country and other countries....

These candidates who serve the establishments have continuously lied to the American public for years....
and still the American's back a corrupt party....

Trump is the very first person who has been crazy enough to fight the establishment, since JFK.

they don't care about us, they care about making more money, giving them more power, and one of them is Disney....the Koch Brothers, The Bush's....and then you have filthy rich from other countries.

On the day that 911 happened, you had the Bin Lauden family here visiting the Bush's....????? Come on people think....

Wake up

Old 03-04-2016, 09:43 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,603,381 times
The GOP establishment destroyed itself a long time ago.
Trump is just exposing this to the public.
Trump is no Republican and if there's one thing I commend him for... it's giving the finger to the establishment and making them look really stupid.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySofiaLila View Post
The GOP establishment destroyed itself a long time ago.
Trump is just exposing this to the public.
Trump is no Republican and if there's one thing I commend him for... it's giving the finger to the establishment and making them look really stupid.

I don't really think its even about Trump any longer....more so, about beating the establishment at their power hungry greed, which has destroyed America....

For some strange reason, people feared coming out before and saying what Trump has said, I just hope he keeps his promises...I have never yet seen a president keep their promise, except for JFK....he to, wanted to make a difference....but it was more important to get in a full fledge war with Vietnam, so that corporations could profit from it.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:53 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,603,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

I don't really think its even about Trump any longer....more so, about beating the establishment at their power hungry greed, which has destroyed America....

For some strange reason, people feared coming out before and saying what Trump has said, I just hope he keeps his promises...I have never yet seen a president keep their promise, except for JFK....he to, wanted to make a difference....but it was more important to get in a full fledge war with Vietnam, so that corporations could profit from it.
I agree that it's no longer about Trump, but about beating the establishment. This is why Cruz is also in a closer 2nd than he was before.
I doubt Trump will keep his promises. There will be no wall built. Building a wall will not stop trafficking of drugs. It will also greatly sour our relationship with our southern neighbors. Even if he wanted to build a wall, how will he get Mexico to pay for it?
Congress will block Trump on anything like this that he tries to pass. Even if he vetoes it, they will find a way to change his bill or block it anyway.
I predict that unfortunately, it will be "business as usual" in Washington with little change.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:59 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,541,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
they don't care about the American people, or our deficit, or our weather, they care about power and money, and the horrendous amounts of money they are making from slave labor, in this country and other countries....
Im genuinely curious. By his past actions, how has billionare Donald Trump shown that he cared about the American people and doesn't care only about power and money?

Old 03-04-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
It will be destroyed if they do NOT nominate him. How could anyone support a party where what the majority of people want is overridden by what the power brokers want?! I'm not a fan of either party, but to ignore the populace and ONLY pay attention to the "big boys", and their own selfish agenda would be assanine and a total disaster!
EXACTLY, and proves just how corrupt they are....

Old 03-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Im genuinely curious. By his past actions, how has billionare Donald Trump shown that he cared about the American people and doesn't care only about power and money?
By putting up his own money to be president....

do you really think being President pays all that much
Do you believe it is easy to be President?

Do you really understand the word corruption....and how long we've been corrupt, and Trump is taking a huge chance of getting himself done in by the establishment....to me that proves a lot...

Years ago, Colin Powell was on a talk show, and was asked if he'd run for President...everyone loved him...however, he said, "NO", b/c his wife feared for his life if he'd run.

If you look back in history, first JFK was taken out, then his brother, then Martin Luther King, do you actually believe that was random or coincidence?

If the American people would wake up and realize what really does go on out there, they'd be shocked, and I don't believe some could take it....

Our Government and more importantly, corporations, profit by keeping us uninformed and stupid. I mean, just look at how far Trump has gone, and they still, mind you, refuse to listen to the people???????? And still spew propaganda....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections