Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:14 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is true, which is why the Democrats need to stop whining and get off their butts.
It ain't going to happen. I had hoped that Sanders could get the youth enthused but it seems not.

Hillary isn't going to motivate anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It ain't going to happen. I had hoped that Sanders could get the youth enthused but it seems not.

Hillary isn't going to motivate anyone.
Only time will tell. I have more faith in this country than many people. If Bernie does not get the nomination, then I'm pretty sure he will support Hillary Clinton. I've been wrong before, but I cannot imagine he would want a Republican to win the presidency.

I also disagree that Bernie isn't getting the youth enthused. Look at how well a man who was unknown to most people is attracting large crowds and getting millions in donations. I'm sure there will be many who will stay home on Nov or even some of his supporters who will vote for Trump (if he's the nominee) but I believe most Democrats will vote for Hillary if she is the party's candidate for President. If she only won by delegates, they'd have every right to be angry, but so far she is winning by the popular vote too. I was very surprised when she won Massachusetts. The race was close, but even in very liberal Mass, she won by over 17,000 votes.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:06 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
Dear God,
Hear my prayer.
Brokered convention with ouster of Herr Trumpfor or
Dear Lord give us a Cruz/Rubio ticket.
I as this in Jesus's name.
AMEN!

Old 03-02-2016, 02:12 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Only time will tell. I have more faith in this country than many people. If Bernie does not get the nomination, then I'm pretty sure he will support Hillary Clinton. I've been wrong before, but I cannot imagine he would want a Republican to win the presidency..
You are not wrong about this at all. He's a decent and a very graceful politician. He will support his party, no matter what.

It will be a sad day in my opinion, that Hillary Clinton wins presidency. but maybe Americans really deserve her. I can never understand why so many Democrats like her when she is nothing but another neoconservative hawk. she pretends to be a community leader (shall I say fighter), that is all.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:22 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seriously. We have the option of one of the most honest politicians around this time. Maybe you don't like his policies but he is honest.

I agree, we are ending a very corrupt 16 years. Will Trump continue the corruption? Only time will tell.
Hey Pknopp... who do you mean? Which politician do you say is the most honest of politicians?

Old 03-02-2016, 02:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, If it is Clinton vs Trump, I would definitely go with Trump, my reason is that this country does not need another neoconservative hawk, and she is just another one. (the die hard conservative would rather vote for her instead of trump is your proof right there) Voting for third party is a waste of time. Trump will not start another war, and most likely, he would secure the border. Good enough for me. Is he going to bring jobs back? doubt it.

I doubt he is going to be the best job president God ever created, but I definitely believe he is the president who would finally enforce the law (by securing the border) Let's face it, really not that hard to do, with or without a wall.
Calling Clinton a hawk as a Trump supporter is the pot calling the kettle black. Trump's rallies are filled with anti-Islamic rhetoric, and that's just from The Donald himself. As he has said he'd bring waterboarding back. So who exactly is the hawk now?

Old 03-02-2016, 03:03 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Calling Clinton a hawk as a Trump supporter is the pot calling the kettle black. Trump's rallies are filled with anti-Islamic rhetoric, and that's just from The Donald himself. As he has said he'd bring waterboarding back. So who exactly is the hawk now?
I don't think so. I don't think Trump would start another useless war.

Bringing back waterboarding has nothing to do with it. I support waterboarding, I don't support any useless war. You can call me a hawk all you want, I will not send another troop (special forces included) to any hell hole countries in the world.

calling the kettle black doesn't change the fact that Hillary Clinton is another neoconservative hawk.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think so. I don't think Trump would start another useless war.

Bringing back waterboarding has nothing to do with it. I support waterboarding, I don't support any useless war. You can call me a hawk all you want, I will not send another troop (special forces included) to any hell hole countries in the world.

calling the kettle black doesn't change the fact that Hillary Clinton is another neoconservative hawk.
But Trump wants to fight Muslis even in America. He wants to cap them. That's World War II logic with the Germans and Japanese. Why go back to utterly stupid and damn Nazi like tactics? Oh wait, it comes from a guy quoting Hitler's biggest European Ally

Old 03-02-2016, 03:25 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But Trump wants to fight Muslis even in America. He wants to cap them. That's World War II logic with the Germans and Japanese. Why go back to utterly stupid and damn Nazi like tactics? Oh wait, it comes from a guy quoting Hitler's biggest European Ally
He wants to make sure that Muslims that are coming into our country are vented. The USA is a country of immigrants - and there's no denying that. We're all here because of our ancestors wanted to do better than they were doing in their country of origin and came to the USA... But they came here with the hopes and dreams of living here and abiding by the laws of the land - they DIDN'T WANT TO COME HERE TO KILL THOSE THAT WERE HERE ALREADY!

Trump just wants to make sure that those that come here have the same thoughts as our ancestors had - to make a better life for themselves.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,275,826 times
"Lesser of two evils" has gotten us exactly where we are. I'll never do it again. I'll vote third party or write someone in, and continue hoarding while being entertained by the Springer show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections