Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 05:31 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Whatever they are, it will be a very short list.
Indeed. I can only think of one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 05:33 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
So you are an expert on other people's "Christianity"? Unless you have spent time with Cruz, grew up with him, work with him, lived in his neighborhood over time, you have no basis to judge his faithfulness on your personal "Christianity-meter."

Do you see the hypocrisy in your judgment of his "Christianity."

The fact that you find his face punchable is the real basis for your bias against him.

The fact that you claim he is unable to compromise is easily dismantled when you see that he has worked with Congress to sponsor or cosponsor over 70 bills while in the senate. That he was assisted in his Obamacare filibuster by Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and even Marco Rubio, if memory serves.

Being uncompromising is not necessarily a character flaw when it relates to the federal government.

Finally, the fact that Cruz was born in Canada does not make him Canadian. He is an American, just like his US born mother and his American Citizen father.

Obviously, you choose to find reason (completely invalid and bigoted) to dislike Cruz. That is absolutely your prerogative, but don't be intellectually dishonest about it. Just say, I don't like the guy and won't vote for him.

Actually being born in Canada DOES make you Canadian. We have birthright citizenship just like the US. That and Papa wasn't an American until 2005. I can use whatever meter I'd like to take measure of the man, no different than the one you're using on me. I didn't say he wasn't a good Christian. I said it appears that the lessons didn't take. I'm not sure where you're getting bigoted from. I mean, we're from the same city...

Oh, and being uncompromising is a fatal flaw in governance. Inability to understand and adapt to the positions of others when you purport to represent them is kind of key.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Oxymoron. Show me a politician who isn't a crook.
Most of them do not blatantly break laws.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Exactly. Where it comes from is irrelevant. That's my point exactly!! All we need to know is that Trump will retaliate regardless of who it is.
Again....."will retaliate". That is a positive over the last two presidents that don't wait for something to retaliate. They just bomb away, justification even if weak or not.

Quote:
I said this because you placed an emphasis on Middle East countries. And my point is that where it comes is irrelevant! Exactly my point. I'm glad you got it.
You have evaded your point because you didn't think it through.

Quote:
You just agreed with me. Why do I need a defense?
Your Jr. High debate tactics aren't impressive.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:00 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Careful, chemtrails have been seen overhead. You better run back to your conspiracy bunker. "They" are looking for you...
Well.................... I don't believe in any conspiracy theories, as no one can keep a secret.

However, the pre-presidential curiosities, inconsistencies, and lack of any experience of Obama are simple facts.

1. Do you deny that Obama spent time in a Madrassa?

2. Do you deny that Obama's mother and father were communists?

3. Do you deny that Obama's grandparents had communist sentiments?

4. Do you deny that Obama used pot and coke (he wrote it in his book)?

5. Do you deny that Obama was a marxist student radical (those at Occidental College say so)?

6. Do you deny that Obama's transcripts from college and law school have not been released?

7. Do you deny that Obama's "faculty appointment" at U of Chicago was as an adjuvant lecturer, not a professor?

8. Do you deny Obama's association with Bill Ayers and Vance Jones?

9. Do you deny that Obama was a US Senator for not even a full term before entering the presidential race?

Wake up. Just because you have chosen to ignore Obama's history does not mean that it does not exist. All of the above is factual and easily checked.

............................ and you voted for him!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:02 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

............................ and you voted for him!
Uhhh, no I didn't. I'm Canadian living in the US. I don't get to vote for anyone.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:14 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I won't kid anyone into thinking I know better how to judge who a politician really is or what they will actually do with the power we bestow on them as our elected representative. All I can do is listen to what they have to say and consider all I can to come to a conclusion one way or another. Not an "exact science" by any means, but Obama struck me as one of the most sincere, intelligent candidates less beholden on the sorts of special interest groups that cause elected representatives to vote against what I think is good and/or better public policy.

Obama brought us the ACA, for example, and I voted for him in part, because he said he would push the country in that direction, and he did. Agree or not, any fool can see how those pieces add up for me and anyone who truly believes in the right of that sort of progressive agenda.

Whether you be conservative or liberal, any voter has got to be more pleased than average when the person they voted for actually accomplishes the agenda they support, right?

As for fixing the problem of too much influence by monied special interests, that is certainly not an easy problem to fix! Put it right up there with our other Gordian Knot problems, like the Middle East, gun violence and racism. I have my ideas, but from a practical standpoint, here again all I can do is listen for whichever candidate seems the most sincerely wanting to correct these problems AND seemingly with good ideas about how to do so. Again, whether you agree or disagree with Bernie Sanders, he seems the one who can best be described as the "real deal" in these regards today. Certainly not Trump.

If it comes down to Hillary vs Donald, the choice of least evils is yet another option we voters are all too often forced to make, and no doubt in my mind the least of those two evils is Hillary.

All just one man's opinion of course...
Nothing "sincere" about Obama.

He has proven that he doesn't care about Americans and puts illegal aliens first. He has hamstrung ICE and now they aren't allowed to perform their jobs---under Obama they are not allowed to raid any businesses. He dictated amnesty and work permits for DREAMers. He then tried to do the same for the DREAMer parents. Thankfully, the Fifth Circuit Court issued an injunction to put an end to that. Obama ignored the injunction and continued to amnesty the parents---until he was caught. He sued states that wrote laws that mirrored federal laws when it comes to illegal immigration but did nothing to states that ignored federal laws and declared themselves to be sanctuary jurisdictions. And as far as the ACA is concerned---"If you like your insurance and your doctor, you can keep it." That proved to be a lie. Then there are those who saw their premiums skyrocket. We still have those who don't have health insurance.

And all of the above is okay with you? BTW, how old are you?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:15 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Uhhh, no I didn't. I'm Canadian living in the US. I don't get to vote for anyone.
Then why do you care about the presidential election? And also insult those who are voting for Trump?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:30 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
That is such a dumb argument.

Do YOU actually think there is a candidate who is in it because they care so much about the little people?

Who might that candidate be? Cruz?
Yep. In 2013 while Trump was a liberal funding Democrat funding liberals who support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and Planned Parenthood, posing for photos with illegal alien activists, screwing Americans out of jobs by having his Trump line made in CHINA and MEXICO and hiring foreign workers instead of Americans, Cruz was fighting all this in congress.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:41 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Actually being born in Canada DOES make you Canadian. We have birthright citizenship just like the US. That and Papa wasn't an American until 2005. I can use whatever meter I'd like to take measure of the man, no different than the one you're using on me. I didn't say he wasn't a good Christian. I said it appears that the lessons didn't take. I'm not sure where you're getting bigoted from. I mean, we're from the same city...

Oh, and being uncompromising is a fatal flaw in governance. Inability to understand and adapt to the positions of others when you purport to represent them is kind of key.

Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship. He is an American. Has been since birth.

You can definitely use whatever measurement you choose. Just saying that when your measurement is the "punchability" of an individual's face, your credibility suffers.

Since Cruz has cosponsored many bills and worked on many committees while in Congress, to claim that he is "uncompromising" is hyperbolic. To stand on your principles and refuse to compromise on the issues upon which you promised your voters you would not is the very definition of a principled politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections