Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:56 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Yes, I really believe that there was no criminal intent on Hillary's part.
You didn't read or understand the law. Intent is irrelevant under certain sections of the Acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 02:00 PM

988 posts, read 683,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You didn't read or understand the law. Intent is irrelevant under certain sections of the Acts.
In the real world, prosecutors and judges do consider intent, whether or not it is written into the law and whether or not you personally think that is the right thing to do.

I think a better case here is for setting up the server in the first place, not for having sent classified information over it. The classified thing is likely to blow up in your face when people learn (eventually) that you are shouting about information that just isn't that important. It does show questionable judgment in my opinion to have a secret server in the first place though. Hillary claims that it is SOP in some branches of government, or at least has been done a number of times before. I can't really evaluate whether or not that's true, but there seems to be some evidence that others have done it.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:05 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
The guy who may have hacked into Hillary's e-mail account was extradited from Romania.....

Clinton Hacker Extradited to U.S. | The Weekly Standard
I'm pretty sure that "classified" reports that were generated by someone outside of government without a security clearance don't count as classified.

Additionally even per your own article, it wasn't Clinton's account that was allegedly hacked, it was Blumenthal's. Are you going to claim that the goverment email system is so powerful that it can prevent the accounts of those who send mail to it from being hacked?

Btw, the government email system has been hacked many times. I'm personally receiving free credit monitoring courtesy of the OPM and I'm not a federal employee.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:13 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
"It was allowed." Really, by who? If that tactic does not work, then, "It is silly interagency fight." Failing the success of that; "They classified the e-mails after the fact."

Yeah, right.

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7df_story.html

Hillary Clinton wrote 104 classified emails herself | New York Post

As used in this Agreement, classified information is marked or unmarked classified information, including oral communications, that is classified under the standards of Executive Order 12958, or under any other Executive order or statute that prohibits the unauthorized disclosure of information in the interest of national security; and unclassified information that meets the standards for classification and is in the process of a classification determination as provided in Sections 1.1. 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4(e) of Executive Order 12958, or under any other Executive order or statute that requires protection for such information in the interest of national security. I understand and accept that by being granted access to classified information, special confidence and trust shall be placed in me bythe United States Government.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/isoo/new_sf312.pdf

Sentence is maximum 1 year in prison for each violation.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:20 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Don't you think if the impropriety, if not the legality and questionable judgement was similar, or to the same degree, that there would be as much focus on Ms Rice and Gen Powell by the FBI, as there is Mad Secretary's behavior?

Or at least a similar hue and cry by the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, that's the point, isn't it? What Clinton did is no different from what her predecessors did. Rice also used personal email for things which have since been classified retroactively. Why aren't you calling for investigations? Why aren't you accusing her of stupidity, laziness and narcissism and demanding she go to prison?

Rice also presided over embassy attacks--and more of them than Clinton, with higher casualty rates. Why aren't you calling for investigations of a second-by-second accounting of what she did and who she talked to or emailed, exactly when she had those conversations and exactly what was said? Why don't you care about those victims and their families the way you continually profess to care about the four Benghazi victims and their families?

If you want to know why most Americans have moved on from Benghazi and the emails long ago, the above is why. They can smell the stink of hypocrisy that is continually wafting from the far right, and it's a foul odor they want nothing to do with.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
In the real world, prosecutors and judges do consider intent, whether or not it is written into the law and whether or not you personally think that is the right thing to do.
Again, you haven't read any of the applicable laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Additionally even per your own article, it wasn't Clinton's account that was allegedly hacked, it was Blumenthal's.
Blumenthal's account contained to two classified e-mails.

Also, Lazar claims to have hacked and read Clinton's e-mails.

The rest of your statements are irrelevant, since they are nothing more than apologetic Red Herrings.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Again, you haven't read any of the applicable laws.
Which of course doesn't matter, because in the real world judges and prosecutors consider intent, especially at the stage of whether or not to bring a case, regardless of how the law is written. And around and around we go. I'll repeat it again, real slow next time, in case it goes in one ear and out the other again.

Quote:
Blumenthal's account contained to two classified e-mails.
Who cares? Classified is just a buzzword. There is much classified information that shouldn't be. Hillary wants the emails released. I think they should be. They probably don't amount to a hill of beans. https://fas.org/blogs/secrecy/2013/10/overclass/

Please read my posting history. I despise Hillary. I truly hope that she will not be president. But these are just unfair attacks. Go after her on her record. There's enough there.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Hey! I got a rep point! I guess the mods must not have turned off that feature after all.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:49 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungulen View Post
sure, according to fox news, the biggest security exposure in history, ha ha, nothing compared to when the bush jr administration exposed cia agent valerie plane after her husband joseph wilson had debunked the "iraqui nuclear program" BS from the white house at that moment, in a desperate effort from the bush administration to invade iraq, and the reason for which so many people regard the bush administration as criminals of war. Contrast that to Hillary's issues with some e-mails that might have had some classification..
You didn't even get her name right.
(Richard Armitage..nope, never heard of him.)

Old 06-07-2016, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 425 times
I guess I should expect Hillary hatting conservatives to remember that Colin Powell also used a personal server that nowhere near as secure. Just like they forget about the boast made about the hatchet job by a now banished Republican politician. If Hillary wasn't a Democratic woman running for president , the server would have been a non-issue. If she had given boxes of top secrets to anybody who wanted them, she'd still be better qualified that Richey Rich or Uncle Grandpa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections