Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 AM

952 posts, read 518,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
In all that talk about Trump Steaks and Trump Water and how he made such great business deals, what did he say about the future of this country? Pretty much zero.
My thoughts exactly.

There was an earlier thread @ how Lou Dobbs had advised him to use the word 'we' instead of I so I listened for it....

He said 'we' many times. Not in relation to you and me, however, but rather in referring to his organization. The rest was all 'I'.

Quite frankly don't believe any of his claims about his many 'failed' companies until I hear from the fact checkers or look into them more myself.

Thin skinned and dispassionate about what supporters want is how he came off to me. Wasn't looking for profuse rhetoric, but didn't expect an infomercial for failed products either.

Last edited by Livejack; 03-09-2016 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: missed word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 04:15 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This. If Trump is the clear winner and they pick someone else the Dems will win the election for sure.
After Hillary was drilled in Michigan you've got to be nervous saying these things.

Even many Democrats are switching over to vote Trump, Clinton is such a disliked candidate.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:18 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
I'm thinking he must have warehouses full of that stuff - wonder how old those steaks are? EWWWWW!

Bizarre, for sure!

Donald Trump pushes branded steaks, wine, and water during bizarre victory speech

Old 03-09-2016, 04:20 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Trump University didn't close in 2010, it changed its name to Trump Entrepreneur Initiative.

Yeah, after he found out that you can't call something a 'university' unless it is accredited. Betcha it is still defrauding lots of stoopid people, too. Did you happen to go there?

Old 03-09-2016, 04:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Trump would be nowhere if it weren't for so many Dems "switching" parties to vote in Repub primaries.... Classic, create your own preferred opponent Pres candidate for your actual Pres Candidate.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Trump couldn't have sounded more Presidential

Trump Election Night Press Conference LIVE STREAM | Mediaite
OMG, you can't be serious. It might have been his worst. All he talked about it how much everyone loves him. Tell me another President that has done this during a press conference? And how many presidents have you heard raving about all the wonderful companies they own, including his wine company etc or how many presidents bring up how they will win the useless law suit and Trump university will be great again, just like the country?

Old 03-09-2016, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Not too hard to figure out he was defending himself and his companies against the filthy lies that have been broadcast against him. And it didn't cost him millions in ads to do it. Genius!
What lies, law suits are lies, opinions are lies, bankruptcies are lies?

Old 03-09-2016, 05:26 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
In all that talk about Trump Steaks and Trump Water and how he made such great business deals, what did he say about the future of this country? Pretty much zero.
I recall a certain president talking about hope and change , funny when the shoe is on the other foot people tend to forget . Country needs a change for sure none of this status quo .

Old 03-09-2016, 05:51 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Trump would be nowhere if it weren't for so many Dems "switching" parties to vote in Repub primaries....
Yes Indeed. I'm a former Democrat who voted for Clinton, Gore, Kerry & Obama. I changed my registration to unaffiliated a few months ago so that I could vote for Trump in the NC primary.

Thing is, I'm not going back to the Democrats in November unless Trump isn't nominated and Bernie Sanders is on the DEM ballot. Hillary? No way. No self respecting Democrat should vote for that woman.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
The genius of Trump is unbelievable. In his 45 minute press conference he got a chance to defend himself, debunk lies, promote his products (which are used primarily in his hotels and events) and thank all those who contributed to his success plus take questions from reporters. 45 minutes of airtime worth MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Apparently the other campaigns are butt hurt their speeches weren't covered. Hillary chose to go on at the same time Trump was speaking and no one but MSNBC covered it in its entirety, and that was after Trump finished. (lol)

Trump infomercial captivates networks - POLITICO

Love him or hate him, he is winning and spending less money than any other candidate. We need a savvy businessman to run the country with the same smarts and business sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections