Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 09:57 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,848,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump is putting Ben in charge of forming his policies on education. Great! A man who thinks the Pyramids were built for grain storage is going to decide what should be taught in schools.
And that prison turns you gay. That will be a very interesting biology class.

That is a key point. Carson doesn't want to reduce government, he thinks that bigger government, under his leadership, will be better. Same thing for Trump.

THAT is clearly the establishment Rosetta Stone.

Conservative and anti-establishment voters want LESS government. Trump intends to grow the government, but it will be terrific, okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I watched that entire thing. Ben Carson and Donald Trump talking about getting together, burying the hatchet and making America great again by being united, and what is the first question the media asks when it's over? 'What about all those nasty things you said...'

Once we are done replacing our political hacks with people who know what they're doing, hopefully the media will begin to build that inner integrity again which has been lost due to our corrupt system.

Will they be working hand in tiny hand to make America Donald Trump worthy? Fruit Salads for EVERYONE!!

Old 03-11-2016, 10:52 AM

25,615 posts, read 17,355,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
It is sad that people can not look through the jokes to see that their is seriously something wrong with Dr. Ben "General Mills CFO tells children that sugary cereals are good part of breakfast" Carson. Those quotes about African Americans are disgraceful. "hit me with a pebble in the Ghe-toe?" "He sounds like a Frenchman trying to say Cat in Spanish" haha that is comedy gold.. and has a silver lining that Carson is really out of touch with society.
And yet your posts lacks ANY substantive information. You attempt to inoculate yourself against criticism by proclaiming it "sad" (who can criticize someone so compassionate as yourself?) but then offer only the most superficial of analysis to support your comment. (Really?! It's the way he pronounced a word?!)

Sort of makes you a dud.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:54 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,293,486 times
Whoever said Trump would pick good people is insane. Carson is an idiot on education.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...expert-oy-vey/

Old 03-11-2016, 10:57 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,763,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Just in case we need a reminder of who we are dealing with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWN5iIEQL9c

what a great guy. not.

Thank you for the reminder that many leftists consider comedy shows to be legitimate news sources.

Here's another good one:

Ben Carson Slowly Floats Away From Earth - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I'm glad they were able to catch him in time to make his endorsement!

Old 03-11-2016, 10:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
In other words, the craziest Republican candidate (Carson) has endorsed the second craziest candidate (Trump). Trump already had the ignorant crazy demo locked up, so what does this do for him?
Hahahahaha. Dumb and Dumber for sure. If I didn't think Trump would burn down the US; I would definitely vote for him just to see the sh*tshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
So you must be the "smart one" as you obviously can detect and decide yourself who is crazy and who is not.
That poster is smart and he is not alone in his opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Carson has stated believes the earth was literally created in 6 days, and that the theory of evolution was encouraged by Satan. Trump has exhibited so much behavior that indicates he's unbalanced, I don't know were to start. He freaked out because Hilary had to leave a debate for a few minutes to use the restroom, calling it "disgusting". He's either overly-theatrical, or has some serious mental health issues.
Because that is DEFINITELY the person you want running the Dept of Education. Or is Trump going to abolish that too? I can't keep up with the crazy.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:03 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That has been the issue all along and made more clear as the establishment seeks to discount the voters ability to decide.
Even if you're opinion is the voting public is unqualified, for whatever reason, it is the right of the people to vote and decide.
The people who say you should hold your nose and vote for the interest of the party are now in the position to do just that. The leaderships is rejecting their own advice.
I do pretty much feel the majority voting public is now so ignorant as to be unqualified, I just don't think there's a good alternative to our current system.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Whoever said Trump would pick good people is insane. Carson is an idiot on education.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...expert-oy-vey/

I think the take away from that entire article is best summed up by a reader comment.

LAZY* endorses CRAZY! *as in the sleepy guy not as a racist dog whistle where most of you first jumped to.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Ben was great today! I think he'd be a great V.P. Ben and Trump> for the people.

But of course yes, just waiting for the media to start throwing the Oreo card, Ben just can't be a person he has to assume the "toy" position.
He would be good at almost any position: my bet would be Surgeon General. And what do you bet Trump has not promised that to him?

Old 03-11-2016, 12:34 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,641,175 times
Basically the best thing he can say about Trump is that Trump isn't really Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections