Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 06:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Trump did not show his true personality tonight. It seemed at times he was frustrated with Ted Cruz but tapped the side of his podium and held self-control. I guess it's good that he held back but it wasn't his true self.(we've all seen his true character) The announcers said he was low energy, but he could have shown some enthusiasm or passion for a couple of the positions, maybe their just all exhausted from campaigning.

Kasich stood out again, I felt his answers were strong. I like seeing the debates but maybe every other week instead.
I think the strategy for Trump was akin to a team running out the clock in the 4th quarter. The damage has been done and all he needed to do was cruise through the debate without causing major headlines ahead of Tuesday's primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 07:10 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I had decided not to watch the one last night. Came in the room and my husband had it on. I said "Really? You want to listen to people fight? We could then discuss the issues I have with you." He said "We can watch something else." : )

We caucused for Trump last Saturday. We did this having done our own research on the candidate and weighing him against the others. Could not stand the thought of hearing Kasich talk about what he did for Ohio one more time. Rubio, not worth space. Cruz just lies out of both sides of his mouth. We watched reruns of "Cheers" on Hulu.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:38 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
One reason there are so many debates is that the party and network announce it and no candidate wants to miss it and lose out on the limelight before another primary. Trump did it once, and probably suffered a bit for it.

So no candidate wants to be the first to say enough is enough.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:42 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Bob View Post
Trump has strategically turned the corner and is acting presidential. It was all part of his brilliant plan. He will now cruise (not Cruz) to victory unless they have him assassinated.

Well done Mr. Trump!
If he had been restrained at the beginning he would not even been noticed. His moderate positions would have been laughed at, and Rubio or Cruz would have been the front runner.

By making outrageous statements and getting his support shored up nicely he has eliminated his opponents one by one. Now he does not have to act like a buffoon and can take a more presidential stand against Hillary.

Brilliant . But some people here are so seething with hatred that they cannot see this.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
This is the last one for the Republicans
There's another one in Salt Lake City on March 21. But the Donald just said ~ enough. So we'll see.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:52 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's another one in Salt Lake City on March 21. But the Donald just said ~ enough. So we'll see.
By then delegate counts will likely be settled as far as if Trumy will be the man.

BTW, for fatigue, I find it best to watch comedy sketches.

He's a one from last yr. Lame but worth a laugh or two....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSr7RKxsG9M

Old 03-12-2016, 04:55 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Kasich seems like a decent guy, but there has been enough time. People have seen where everyone is by this point. I guess it generates enough ratings, but I'm just exhausted with it.
The problem is that trump is masterful in taking over the airwaves, making it impossible to actually see a candidate talking on tv outside of the debates. Last night is a good example - CNBC had a Kasich town hall on their schedule for 8pm... at 8 pm they, and all the others were still showing the trump rally stuff. totally screwwwed Kasich and anyone who wante dot hear him.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:01 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
I bet the execs at all the networks would love to have DonDon POTUS.....just think of the controversy every day that he'll bring to the news....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections