Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:04 PM

316 posts, read 596,090 times

Advertisements

Now for a brief - non premeditated remark, a reporter has been suspended.

news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn

Chelsea is in the public spotlight, so of course reporters are going to speak about her, just as they speak about any other person working in a public arena.

Mrs. Clinton has said, that "She is a mom first, and a cadidate second", so of course she was upset about what that reporter said. Mrs. Clinton said she even sent a letter to the head of NBC. The reporter has been suspended.

Chelsea is going on 28 years old. Why must her mother fend for her. 1. 2 is, is this not a show of mis understanding and over reaction? - Can Mrs. Clinton be trusted to act with out too much emotion if in the White House. -

It has been proven that she can put up with terrible behavior from those close with her. Why can she not tolorate a brief comment in the news?

Here is the link of the context of that comment. What do you think?

YouTube - David Shuster: Chelsea Clinton "pimped out" remark

P.S. - I hope Mrs. Clinton doesnt read this tread!

Last edited by RABBI JOE; 02-10-2008 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Missing Link!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 12:32 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post

Chelsea is in the public spotlight, so of course reporters are going to speak about her, just as they speak about any other person working in a public arena.

Mrs. Clinton has said, that "She is a mom first, and a cadidate second", so of course she was upset about what that reporter said. Mrs. Clinton said she even sent a letter to the head of NBC. The reporter has been suspended.

Chelsea is going on 28 years old. Why must her mother fend for her. 1. 2 is, is this not a show of mis understanding and over reaction? - Can Mrs. Clinton be trusted to act with out too much emotion if in the White House. -

It has been proven that she can put up with terrible behavior from those close with her. Why can she not tolorate a brief comment in the news?

Chelsea Clinton is an adult that is working in Sen. Clinton's campaign committee. Although her mother is an ex-First Lady , she is now a public figure that is exposed to all the bad media that public figures are expected to endure. Mommy and daddy Clinton coming to the rescue of their not-so-young daughter points up what the country can expect should Her Thighness (Mark Levin) be crowned Queen of the Realm.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:44 PM

48,121 posts, read 21,997,640 times
The term that he used is an absolute insult; it implies a relationship as between a prostitute and her pimp. It is ugly and unseemly. I just watched the entire video. I have never seen that Schuster commentator...but he seemed to have practiced that line and used it very intentionally. It was mean spirited and vile. Chelsea has had to endure the off color and cruel remarks all her life; even as a child Limbaugh used her as comic material and even John McCain made cruel and insensitve insulting remarks about her. Enough is enough.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:13 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,951,402 times
Oh POOO-LEASE! The Clintons have in Fact PIMPED their family out.. Heck Bill has been pimped out all over the place to get support for his wife.. bet its some agreement he has because he got caught with that intern.. and now they are also sending the daughter out to garner support.. so I think the PIMPED OUT comment was right in line with describing whats going on. Ok so it was not the most PC thing to say.. but it was accurate. Clinton better grow a back bone, because if she is President, worse will be said.. not just about her, but her whole family.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:21 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,383 times
Good Lord, THAT was the comment that started all this drama???

Grow a SKIN, Hillary!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,617 times
As somebody posted, it gives her some much needed free media exposure.

If she really can't handle this, imagine how she would be as President?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:13 PM

48,121 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
As somebody posted, it gives her some much needed free media exposure.

If she really can't handle this, imagine how she would be as President?

I believe she has handled it and handled it very admirably! She stood up and didnt take any crapola. I thing that foretells that she would be an excellent president. Kerry got bashed because he didnt stand up to the swift boat attack on him and his war record. Hillary has demonstrated toughness over and over again. "You Go Girl!"

Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,610 times
Toughness? More like very sensitive

Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,931 times
It's her kid, and it was completely uncalled for. Personally, I think Chelsea has turned into an attractive woman, considering her ugly duckling stage in front of the entire world, no less. By the way, I am voting for Obama...

Old 02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post

Yea, based on the tone of this thread and the general tone of most Obama supporters, it sure does sound like you folks want change from the old style politics. Does the politics of personal destruction qualify as "change" to you people? Because that's ALL you seem to do.

With each passing thread and in each post some of you people post, I become increasingly confident in my choice of Hillary Clinton for President. Honestly, you people scare me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections