Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 08:49 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,999,427 times

Advertisements

Naturally the blame is placed on Hillary and Bernie because some of the protesters from Chicago were noted liberal anti-violence activists.

BUT, I'm really started to think they were GOP sponsored and paid. The GOP is getting desperate. Example: look to Mitt coming out of the woodwork.

They're scared they can't get Trump out fair and square because of his lead.

So to prevent blowback from stealing it from him in a brokered convention why not pay, have meetings with some noted democrats for them to protest at Trump's rallies to take him down.

I think some bipartisanship is finally working with a common enemy. The GOP is saying "okay, we'll let Hillary win this time so we can stop Trump because we can't control him like we can our usual suspect puppets (see Rubio).

Say what you will about Bernie and Hillary but IMO they see the GOP self destructing on its own. Neither is worried about Trump enough to ambush his rallies.

THAT IMO is more the current climate of the GOP. Everyone there is anti-Trump left right and sideways from the top to the bottom.

I really think McConnell and Co. cooked this up to take Trump down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 08:53 AM

1,050 posts, read 700,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Naturally the blame is placed on Hillary and Bernie because some of the protesters from Chicago were noted liberal anti-violence activists.

BUT, I'm really started to think they were GOP sponsored and paid. The GOP is getting desperate. Example: look to Mitt coming out of the woodwork.

They're scared they can't get Trump out fair and square because of his lead.

So to prevent blowback from stealing it from him in a brokered convention why not pay, have meetings with some noted democrats for them to protest at Trump's rallies to take him down.

I think some bipartisanship is finally working with a common enemy. The GOP is saying "okay, we'll let Hillary win this time so we can stop Trump because we can't control him like we can our usual suspect puppets (see Rubio).

Say what you will about Bernie and Hillary but IMO they see the GOP self destructing on its own. Neither is worried about Trump enough to ambush his rallies.

THAT IMO is more the current climate of the GOP. Everyone there is anti-Trump left right and sideways from the top to the bottom.

I think it's very possible they're trying to take the wind out of anti-Establishment by using the media and payed operatives to pose as trouble makers. But who's to say they're paying liberals, the trouble makers could be their own.

I think you could be on to something

Old 03-13-2016, 09:03 AM

734 posts, read 352,680 times
How do we know that is Trump is not the one actually paying people to protest and cause problems at his own rallies? At least some of them. i would not put it past him.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:06 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,704,925 times
The "establishment" on both sides in going after the anti-establishment candidates have made for some strange bedfellows. IMO, these folks, whether they are Democrat or GOP, agree on one thing, protect their establishment at all costs. Even if it means they have to team up.

So it would not surprise me at all if true. Interestingly a lot of them wear Bernie teeshirts and carry his signs. So that fits too.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:06 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,665,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
How do we know that is Trump is not the one actually paying people to protest and cause problems at his own rallies? At least some of them. i would not put it past him.
Your theory is just as inane and baseless as the OP's. Let's apply Occam's Razor and assume rather than being part of some kind of paid conspiracy the protesters are just people who really don't like Trump. I think it's pretty easy to believe he has inflamed more than a few with his incendiary rhetoric.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Your theory is just as inane and baseless as the OP's. Let's apply Occam's Razor and assume rather than being part of some kind of paid conspiracy the protesters are just people who really don't like Trump. I think it's pretty easy to believe he has inflamed more than a few with his incendiary rhetoric.
If Trump was the only one threatened yes it would be that simple.

But the Establishment is very threatened as well and to say they don't play dirty and the msm won't help them is very naive.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
Could be

Old 03-13-2016, 09:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,791,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

I doubt they cooked it up. I also doubt that they have much to gain politically from it, since it's unclear that the violence will actually have a detrimental effect on Trump.

Is someone paying the demonstrators? Maybe, but, given their number and ubiquity, I doubt it. And it could just as well be Trump paying them, as part of his dog-and-pony show. He clearly takes satisfaction in throwing demonstrators out of his rallies, and a lot of the people at his rallies really eat it up.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,764,720 times
I think members of the GOP elite and the DNC have a common cause in getting rid of Trump and have collaborated with each other to find a way to make that happen. Your theory that the GOP alone is behind recent events while the democrats just sit back with a bemused smile and watch it all happen is not plausible however. At the very least we know that Soros has funded the organization that was behind the Chicago protests. The left wants Trump gone as much as the establishment right does.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:22 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,202,122 times
You are underestimating how frustrated the non-Trump are contingent has become. When I refer to that non-Trump contingent I am not talking about the professional politicos, but the ordinary citizens, the ones who feel their voice of reasonableness has been drowned by a small, vocal, and whipped up minority. I think once someone started implying they should protest and it might be somewhat effective, there were plenty of folks who just joined in. Heck, if it had been near me, I would have gone, with a "Go away Trump" sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections