Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:06 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,941,452 times

Advertisements

I don't get it. Trump is just, well Trump. A year ago, he's just a guy with both a semi-entertaining history and TV show. Then he decides to run for Prez, which anybody is free to do. He's a clown, sure. But so what?? All he's basically doing right now is "vote for me, I want to be President". He doesn't even have any political office from which to wield power at the moment. You can't really blame Trump for the current American culture which has produced him.

Shouldn't all the anti-Trump hate and anger be directed at his supporters instead?? THEY are the ones who are going to nominate him and maybe elect him to Prez. Shouldn't Trump haters be wishing that THEY are the ones who get killed? Aren't THEY the ones who should be physically attacked??

Or maybe the Trump haters don't have the guts to answer those questions in the affirmative. Maybe they find it easier and ...............less messy, let's just say..........to have some far left loon attack the figurehead of the movement, who really isn't to blame for it.
If so, there would be something rather cowardly about that stance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 10:12 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,596,449 times
because even if it was his supporters, as the candidate, he should be standing up to them.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:13 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,213,889 times
Trump is supposedly a leader. The position he's running for is "leader of the free world." He's leading those supporters. His words tell them it's all right to be violent. He sets the tone for his rallies.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump is supposedly a leader. The position he's running for is "leader of the free world." He's leading those supporters. His words tell them it's all right to be violent. He sets the tone for his rallies.

Ah, but right NOW, he's just some guy running for President. He can say whatever he wants (Lord knows, there have been some crackpot candidates in the last 200 years).
Why get mad at HIM and not his supporters? THEY are the ones who will put him over the top.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:21 PM

15,588 posts, read 10,598,400 times
"Why blame Trump?? Why not his supporters??"

His supporters aren't running for office, he is. The blamers are opportunists, they don't want him to win. If Trump was out, it would be another candidate. Same old song and dance.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:23 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,495,031 times
Maybe blame isn't placed so much on his supporters because they are the ones being duped and there is a certain amount of sympathy to their being so 'naive' as to be taken in by him?

Old 03-12-2016, 10:25 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,569,658 times
All of this makes me depressed, I'm worried it's going to get uglier.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Maybe blame isn't placed so much on his supporters because they are the ones being duped and there is a certain amount of sympathy to their being so 'naive' as to be taken in by him?
Oh, well that's very kind and forgiving of you. But THEY are still the ones who will put the new Hitler in office, n'est ce pas?? So given that, how can you afford to be so blase about their role??

Trump has been made possible by our culture. He is a byproduct of it. So shouldn't the people in the culture who are going to push him into power be the ones who get attacked and/or killed?? If Trump gets killed, those people will just do it again, with someone else...........................

Old 03-12-2016, 10:35 PM

24,579 posts, read 13,064,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
All of this makes me depressed, I'm worried it's going to get uglier.
Going to? Read the OP, it already has.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:37 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,596,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Going to? Read the OP, it already has.
im thinking full riots... but thats only after he or bernie loses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections