Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 10:05 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,338,404 times

Advertisements

Delegate math: How Tuesday could close door on Sanders bid 9 / 21 Associated Press
By HOPE YEN, Associated Press5 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton can't win enough delegates on Tuesday to officially knock Bernie Sanders out of the presidential race, but she can erase any lingering honest doubts about whether she'll soon be the Democratic nominee.

After her victory in New York this past week, Clinton has a lead over Sanders of more than 200 pledged delegates won in primaries and caucuses. As she narrowed Sanders' dwindling opportunities to catch up, Clinton continued to build on her overwhelming support among superdelegates — the party officials who are free to back any candidate they choose.

In the past two days, Clinton picked up 11 more endorsements from superdelegates, according to an Associated Press survey.

Factoring in superdelegates, Clinton's lead stands at 1,941 to 1,191 for Sanders, according to the AP count. That puts her at 81 percent of the 2,383 delegates needed to win the nomination.

Delegate math: How Tuesday could close door on Sanders bid

Old 04-25-2016, 11:40 AM

25,994 posts, read 22,187,436 times
I refuse to give up hope that she will be indicted. What she did converts to her being a VERY dangerous POTUS. So, I have my fingers crossed that she goes down, and I think that is why Sanders hangs in there. I am sure Sanders wants to believe that "justice for all" will prevail. Hillary for Prison 2016!

Old 04-25-2016, 12:11 PM

1,184 posts, read 721,965 times
It doesn't matter...look at the republican side 2 guys still in it even tho they are mathematically out...even teaming up

Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,338,404 times
Sanders is dead, no miracles on 34th street here!

Old 04-25-2016, 07:21 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,980,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I refuse to give up hope that she will be indicted. What she did converts to her being a VERY dangerous POTUS. So, I have my fingers crossed that she goes down, and I think that is why Sanders hangs in there. I am sure Sanders wants to believe that "justice for all" will prevail. Hillary for Prison 2016!
There is something called innocent until proven guilty.
A lot of previous SOS also sent work related emails from their personal emails too.
Your prejudice is complete nonsense.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,962,971 times
Pennsylvania - the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States - is where all the hopes of the Bernie Sanders campaign will be dashed.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,722,059 times
Hoping Sanders joins forces with Stein. Not sure how it work out a Sanders/Stein ticket be awesome!

Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hoping Sanders joins forces with Stein. Not sure how it work out a Sanders/Stein ticket be awesome!
LOL...So the people who call Hillary a liar repeatedly would love to see Bernie break his pledge? Not only did he promise not to run as a 3rd Party candidate, he said he would support Hillary if he didn't win the nomination as recently as this weekend.

I'm not sure if I want Bernie to win Rhode Island and/or Connecticut. I mean, a new poll puts him 4 points ahead in Rhode Island, and it won't make any difference in the pledged delegate count, but he's worked hard, so I figure he should win at least 1 state out of 5, maybe 2. The problem is that he'll start to chant again "we've won X (fill in number) of the past X states" which, for some reason, excites his supporters, even when he's 2.7 million votes behind.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
It's a little late for that. So many people are paying too much attention to the rallies vs reality. Bernie has done exceptionally well. Now he can return to the Senate and keep pushing his agenda. Actually, he'll be 75 soon, so he should just take all his money and enjoy his golden years on a farm in Vermont. Good thing he's on Medicare, however, since single-payer failed miserably in Vermont.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:29 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,722,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
LOL...So the people who call Hillary a liar repeatedly would love to see Bernie break his pledge? Not only did he promise not to run as a 3rd Party candidate, he said he would support Hillary if he didn't win the nomination as recently as this weekend.

I'm not sure if I want Bernie to win Rhode Island and/or Connecticut. I mean, a new poll puts him 4 points ahead in Rhode Island, and it won't make any difference in the pledged delegate count, but he's worked hard, so I figure he should win at least 1 state out of 5, maybe 2. The problem is that he'll start to chant again "we've won X (fill in number) of the past X states" which, for some reason, excites his supporters, even when he's 2.7 million votes behind.
I don't look at it as lying. He made the pledge to unite the Democrats, but Bernie's message has grown larger than expected. As I see it if it comes down to Trump vs Hillary Bernie supporters who are made of large unaffiliated voters will vote Trump, Stein, and Hillary. No matter how we look at it Trump would win. Bernie has about 35 to 40 million supporters in the US.

The only way Hillary is going to win this election ranking it from of these scenarios.

In order of highest chance to lowest chance:
One: Cruz is elected the GOP nominee
Second: Kasich wins the GOP nominee
Third: Trump runs as an Independent
Fourth: Sanders runs as an Independent with Trump as the GOP nominee

Last edited by RunD1987; 04-25-2016 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections