Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:31 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
Right, well I'm not going to mention any specifics, but reality TV shows like "COPS" and "The First 48" show any and all interested americans what's going on at street level, all across the country. 20 years ago, prior to the internet and free access to all information by individual americans, when a mass-media outlet like CNN told us "how things were" we had no choice but to accept it. However, with direct access to real information, rather than regurgitated data from outlets that have both a financial agenda AND a political agenda, we can now see clearly what the difference is between what (for example) corporate stooges and shills like Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper says is "real" and what reality is really all about.

We see it first hand. If it were not for the internet, would anyone know what a "Dindu" is? Note how much resonance the simple word has. You only have to hear the word once in order to know EXACTLY what's being mentioned. Think CNN, MSNBC, Fox, ABC, CBS would EVER allow that phrase into the public awareness?

And yet it's there. Why? Because it's truth. In the absence of being given a word to describe something real by a centralized "authority" (such as a mass media outlet, or the government) the american people have created their own word to describe reality.

Dindus.

And then there's the FBI stats on crime and race. You'd like to believe THAT is true, given that it explains things we see first hand and also on shows like "COPS" and "The First 48", but when I consider how the Federal Government now LIES to us about unemployement statistics, I now wonder if the FBI stats on crime aren't deliberately underestimated in order to, what? maintain the current political status quo?

What happens when the american people finally see the truth of things? It makes the whole history of "Strange Fruit" something to reconsider, and it also reconnects us to our forefathers from 50, 100, 200 years ago. Maybe they weren't so wrong, and barbaric. Maybe they were in the exact same situation we find ourselves in now, and did the best they could with what they had. One thing I'm certain of. When your government promotes a lie to the american people, and then punishes anyone that contradicts the lie, allows criminals to take the law into their own hands and punish someone that openly contradicts the lie, when wealthy people can lose everything because they violate standards of political correctness that were constructed in order to shield the american people from the truth and thereby promote the lie, when the only people that are able to succeed in the United States are those that can live their entire lives fervently believing in the lie, then we get exactly what we have right now, which is a republican party so far removed from conservative principals and beliefs that they don't even know what they are, all the while blathering on about them and using the word over and over again.

This is where the George Orwell quote: "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." Telling the truth is racism, and racism is thought crime. Even Attorney General Eric Holder said that America is a "nation of cowards" when it comes to discussing race, and I think it's hilarious that the top law enforcement official was the only one that felt safe enough to say it, and also I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't like what most americans would like to say about him and (in particular) the manner in which his administration handled both the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown shootings.
Do you even KNOW what you're referring to? Are you advocating lynching American citizens without a trial? If so you're exactly the type that the girl in this article thinks all Trump supporters are like. The 2016 presidential election has nothing to do with hanging innocent people 100 years ago! Your beliefs are unhinged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 04:55 AM

179 posts, read 122,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Marissa Johnson, Black Lives Matter leader, explains why 'all lives matter' is a racial slur - Washington Times

How can this group be taken seriously when the LEADERS are making such ignorant statements.
Because there are two standards in today's america. Some people are held to a higher standard than others. Some people can get away with almost anything and still be treated with respect; as if their words and their opinions have credibility. In contrast, and accidental mis-statement can spell the end of a long and productive career. Remember when Oprah claimed that she was discriminated against in a shop in France, because the sales clerk (Oprah claimed) assumed that a black woman could not afford a $2,000 purse. Oprah got a lot of mileage out of that one, pimping race and playing that race card, and assuming the role of victim and calling other people "racist" as a means of furthering her own career, and political agenda.

Then it turns out the entirety of it was false, and Oprah was wrong. She didn't apologise though, and I think her retarded reasoning was, even if it wasn't true, it COULD have been true, and so that is why we all must go through cultural indoctrination in order to accept the existence of our racism and admit it, as a necessary 1st step toward solving our problem.

And we certainly have a problem, and it's not racism. It's stupidity, and self-centered willfulness and a willingness to make any accusation necessary in order to advance an agenda with the least amount of effort possible, and all the while having someone else to blame for the inevitable failures that result, when lying and manipulative people seek to get something for nothing.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:01 AM

179 posts, read 122,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Do you even KNOW what you're referring to? Are you advocating lynching American citizens without a trial? If so you're exactly the type that the girl in this article thinks all Trump supporters are like. The 2016 presidential election has nothing to do with hanging innocent people 100 years ago! Your beliefs are unhinged.
Well of course I do. Doesn't everyone advocate lynching? I thought that was the new way of doing things now, since the law is meaningless and the police are racist and the prison industrial complex exists only to make money off the plight of poor, socioeconomically disadvantaged people. It's the new Trump Nazi Nation now, and we're taking most of our direction on how to enforce order from the Black Lives Matter Movement. We don't care about the right to free speech, the right to assemble and if someone says something we don't like, we'll denounce them as racists and if that doesn't work we'll commit violence. I thought that's what you folks wanted. I mean, based on your actions. We're just following your example. I don't know why you suddenly have a problem with it. It's pretty obvious that the anti-Trump people think lawlessness and violence are a solution to their problems, so we're taking their lead and upscaling it.

Sure it pangs the conscience a bit, but that's what you folks see to want. It's not our fault we can do it better.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...happened-next/

Anyone else find this obnoxious and pointless? I could see if Trump said something like "I hate black people"
or "I'm going to kick all the black people out" or something similar. But he didn't.

What was the point of yelling "Black lives matter!" at a Trumpy rally?

What did she think should of happened? Trump and the organizers of the event just letting her yell "Black Lives Matter" at the top of her lungs the whole event for hours and ruin it?

As I stated before, if Trump has said something against black people, or stated that his policies would be Anti-black , then I would say sure go ahead and protest.

Also it's not like the BLM "Black Lives Matter" political statement is new. For months now it seems everyday there is some "news story" about how BLM protested this or that.

This type of thing is NOT helping the BLM cause whatsoever.
I agree. I also remember his reaction to Duke and KKK. I understand how some blacks feel. I do necessarily think he is racist, he is just against anyone that does not think he is king.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:13 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Trump is not a racist, but he does not care. Hillary partakes all sides, the deflects any questions, she will, probably win. tends to care, she

Old 03-19-2016, 05:19 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
BLM is worse than the KKK. They are racists without brains. Even their own people in the NAACP want nothing to do with them and speak out against them. They are just lucky that most folks look at them as a Joke and some kind of Mutant Parasite.
Most of the NAACP folks speak out because they and their families have business interests, seats on boards of directors and a variety of other professional\financial incentives to step forward and defend democrats when they get in trouble for covering up pesky little things like police murders.

It's one nice thing about part of BLM I like...they have been bought off like some have.

Now sure, when its some nowhere place like Ferguson, MO they can largely agree but just look at how they've dealt with Mayor Rahm Emanuel?

A few realtively minor protests in Chicago while people like Jesse Jackson go soft as h*ll on the mayor and the city....Sharpton too.

They don't have a backbone in their body when it means tackling anything like the democratically controlled urban police forces.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:25 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If there were no white Europeans to buy black slaves, there would have been no slave trade. Period. All of the excuses and justifications really come down to that.
What do you mean "would have been"?

There is still a slave trade in Africa where there are millions and millions of slaves currently.

Heck, there are an estimated 100k slaves in the US right now as we sit here typing...ironically most of those are white or asian.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:27 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now sure, when its some nowhere place like Ferguson, MO they can largely agree but just look at how they've dealt with Mayor Rahm Emanuel?
Rahm Emanuel is getting a free pass from Hillary.

In fact they apparently have made an agreement that when she is in Illinois, they won't be seen together and in return she won't be critical of how he has handled things.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:14 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
Well of course I do. Doesn't everyone advocate lynching? I thought that was the new way of doing things now, since the law is meaningless and the police are racist and the prison industrial complex exists only to make money off the plight of poor, socioeconomically disadvantaged people. It's the new Trump Nazi Nation now, and we're taking most of our direction on how to enforce order from the Black Lives Matter Movement. We don't care about the right to free speech, the right to assemble and if someone says something we don't like, we'll denounce them as racists and if that doesn't work we'll commit violence. I thought that's what you folks wanted. I mean, based on your actions. We're just following your example. I don't know why you suddenly have a problem with it. It's pretty obvious that the anti-Trump people think lawlessness and violence are a solution to their problems, so we're taking their lead and upscaling it.

Sure it pangs the conscience a bit, but that's what you folks see to want. It's not our fault we can do it better.
I can't follow your mumbo-jumbo word salad of buzz words and extremism. Sarcasm? Being facetious? I can't tell and I don't much care. Who is you folks and who are you talking to when you say based on your actions? I am in California and have not attended any rallies, but I will be following the rule of law and voting for Trump in the primaries and in the general and ignoring anyone who doesn't like it. I also will not be "upscaling" any violence against anyone who is anti-Trump because that is completely unnecessary and beneath me.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:57 AM

128 posts, read 120,678 times
I'm voting for Trump because he's the only candidate calling out the thug movement of Black Lies Matter. Built on a lie that Michael Brown had his hands up. So tired of the pity party 80% of blacks are perpetually having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections