Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 10:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,130,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The 10th Amendment is
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
How does that apply to whether or not someone has a right to be protesting at a rally?
I am waiting for a response to this post, Ms. Waldo.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 11:01 PM

21,167 posts, read 19,761,393 times
If a white guy stood up in a crowd of black people and gave them the middle finger, what do you think would happen?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:05 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,915,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yep. The 10th Amendment.

That Thug, as you incorrectly claim, had no "right" to be in that rally. He had no right to disrupt it. He had no right to be violent. He had no right to provoke the others there to start a fight.
Wrong he never disrupted the rally and he wasn't there to Protest. Get your facts straight there are many videos from many different angles that show them
Sitting there quietly.. The old White Racist was there to cause trouble. That's why he was charged.

Last time a checked the 10th Amendment doesn't back up your claim. So where in the US constitution says he shouldn't have been there? Don't worry I'll wait.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:12 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
I must be old. Not saying it's right but I can't imagine a guy the age of Mr. Jones telling his friends or anyone that a 78 year old punched him. In my days, he'd be embarrassed because his friends would never let him forget it and he'd want the story to go away as soon as possible. I don't see the story in terms of race. I see it in terms of age. I think it's because it was a punch that I feel that way.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Waldo Kitty Bitty won't answer that she probably own a different thread trying desperately to convince everyone Trump is God lol

Old 03-18-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I must be old. Not saying it's right but I can't imagine a guy the age of Mr. Jones telling his friends or anyone that a 78 year old punched him. In my days, he'd be embarrassed because his friends would never let him forget it and he'd want the story to go away as soon as possible. I don't see the story in terms of race. I see it in terms of age. I think it's because it was a punch that I feel that way.
He is a black man. Did you see how security dropped him and he didn't even do anything back to the old fart. They tackled him down while allowing the Old man to sit and finish watching the trump show. Now imagine had he jumped on that old fart.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:17 PM

21,167 posts, read 19,761,393 times
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these thugs are going to Trump rallies with the intention of getting punched so they can file a lawsuit and not have to work the rest of their lives.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:23 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,224,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If a white guy stood up in a crowd of black people and gave them the middle finger, what do you think would happen?
Exactly and repped...

Old 03-18-2016, 11:33 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,544,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not sure what point you're trying to make. The incident was caught on several cellphones from various angles and uploaded long before he made any statements, it was a straight-out sucker punch, there'd be no way or reason for him to hide or deny it. Why do you think he should be embarrassed?

What does "not saying it's right" but then trashing the victim mean? Are you seriously saying age is an acceptable excuse for punching someone in the face? I'm 67 years old. If you were walking down the street, trash-talking my candidate while looking away from me, does that give me the right to punch you in the face? Would you feel ashamed because an old woman, whom you never even saw, sucker-punched you? And how would you feel if 4 cops then wrestled you to the ground and removed you from the street while letting me go my merry way? Assault laws are on the books for a reason..

Old 03-19-2016, 05:19 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Sure. Since there is no Constitutional "right" as claimed by the party for someone to be inside that venue then the party who owns that venue has full rights to to determine who can be inside that private event.

Thus the Thug who was inside that venue for the purpose of disrupting it, had absolutely no right to be in there. He should have been arrested for inciting violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections