Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 06:51 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times

Advertisements

Did you actually see the list? Two of the entries called Cruz' statements lies when the fact is, the statement he attributed to Reid and Trump were true. The fact that each stated they were kidding, let Politicifact to call it a lie. That is not a lie. Cruz stated what was said, the fact that the speaker framed the words, doesn't make the fact that they stated the words a lie.

Another statement rated pants on fire, was based on when Cruz said Trump made the statement, but at the very end of the piece, they went on to state that in the past Trump did support what Cruz accused him of supporting.

The link included only 18 Cruz statements and 7 were judged as true.

Here is an example of how pointless your link is (and I did click on the link). They rated the following statement as a lie:

Donald Trump has "described Hillary Clinton as one of the best secretaries of state in history."

— PolitiFact Texas

What Trump Actually said:

But I think you’ll be, you know, you’ll be looking at the record of Hillary Clinton. And how did she do as secretary of state? Probably above and beyond everybody else and everything else.

So the fact that Cruz did not use Trump's words verbatim, this is deemed a LIE, yet the average person with an IQ above 50 can obviously see that Cruz was paraphrasing EXACTLY what Trump said!

So, I have no problem voting for Ted Cruz. I know that he did not break any promises to his constituents in Texas and I have seen from his actions in his legal career that he is a true defender of the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 06:54 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Were these interviews live.? Could it be possible that one interview was played in the wrong order? Maybe he watched it between interviews

In any case...MAN is he getting attacked from all sides. Makes me want to vote for him more
Do you realize how immature and petty that sounds? I mean, your purpose for voting for the leader of the free world is to stick it to the people who are being mean to him???

And I applaud your ability to find excuses for Trump, but the interviews were live, by phone, moments apart and that is what caught the attention of the reporter from one of the stations.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:56 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,979,018 times
Hello! ALL of these guys lie and make promises that they can't keep. The ones who serves up the tastiest kool aid .. Get elected. Your guy.... Included.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Hello! ALL of these guys lie and make promises that they can't keep. The ones who serves up the tastiest kool aid .. Get elected. Your guy.... Included.
pretty much this

Old 03-18-2016, 07:14 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not gonna click that link. How long you been a fan of beck?
In the link, he plays a portion of NBC's Today show. They (Matt Lauer and ???? forgot her name) caught Donald in a lie about a commercial. He told CBS just minutes before he talked to them that he had seen the commercial, then he told NBC that he hadn't seen the commercial.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:26 PM

37,953 posts, read 17,888,510 times
"Well, you know, I have seen it,"
and then

"I have not seen the ad, so I would have to see it. I've heard about the ad, but I have not seen the ad,"

Big deal

Now if this was something like the Benghazi hearing where Hillary lied she said she didn't know of any gun running when in fact she and the Treasury Dept okayed Marc Turi to run guns to Syrian and Libyan rebels, then you'd really have something.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:11 PM

4,513 posts, read 5,061,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
This kind of make me LOL..Why, it appears you are a Trump supporter and simply admit..Your Candidate lies..SO it's let the best liar win attitude.

There's a few things you are assuming. That Trump will bash Hillary endlessly..and voila..Trump will skate into Whitehouse...Only Problem with this thinking is that decade long relationship with the Clinton's and he could very well open that "Pandora's Box" ..which could work..except it all depends on just Hillary can expose as well!!

Carson, anointed by Trump in some sort of "Cabinet" assignment..actually admits Trump on Stump/Rally/Entertainment enterprise is NOT the same person he met in private..SO just who is this figment of the imagination of his supporters????

It's rather disturbing to think he says and does things privately he isn't willing to do Publicly? There's only so long he can get away with that Nationally...There's NOT enough of those with his supporter's mentality to capture the diverse population of USA...

Hillary has been Pilloried/attacked for many decades....and I'm fairly confident she can deal with the likes of Narcissist Trump...To my knowledge she has never been found guilty of anything both Civilly & Criminally..but we do know Trump has.....Kind of Pot/Kettle diversion on Trump's part to me
No, I am not a Trump supporter, but--- there are not enough words in the English language to express my dislike of hillary. She is a pathological liar and a phony in every way. Trump is a jerk, but at least he doesn't try to hide it.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,475,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You've never lied? Wow, you must be a real saint. Anyway, if Trump and Clinton are the 2 nominees, she can hit him with facts & figures and he'll attack her with insults. Since his supporters don't care too much about facts, they'll remain loyal, but she should win handily. I mean, there are only so many times you can insult a person and be taken seriously. Eventually you need to know how our government works or at least the names of world leaders.
I never said one way or another but the fact is I have. Of course! I believe if a human is truly straight with themselves/to others, EVERYONE has and I think everyone would agree politicians of any stripe are by far some of the worst offenders at lying(unless of course it's their precious candidate who are accused of it, right justnancy)?

Again, the point being, this lady can't give a straight answer to the question.

www.cbsnews.com/news/campaign-2016-hillary-clinton-ive-always-tried-to-tell-the-truth/

Should we be surprised though given who she married? I'm sure he always "tried" to tell the truth too.

Bill Clinton Responds to Monica Lewsinsky Affair Allegations Video - ABC News

Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 PM

7,655 posts, read 8,724,194 times
"Trump lies within two minutes"

Hillary Clinton lies in no time.

As soon as her lips starts moving.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:09 PM

32,092 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
"Trump lies within two minutes"

Hillary Clinton lies in no time.

As soon as her lips starts moving.
But at least you know Hilary is a democrat. You really have no idea what Trump is. And that may be his biggest lie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections