Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:38 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
LOL, if this is true than a lot of Republicans are fools. Ted Cruz is as GOP establishment/elite as you can get. He clerked for Rehnquist in the Supreme Court, was Texas Solicitor General, was employed by a law firm that specialized in GOP/conservative litigation, performed work for the GW Bush campaign and lobbied for a position in his administration.

The idea that a guy who has been active in the Republican Party since he was a teenager is somehow an outsider is laughable.

Somewhat of a good post.
Cruz did work in DC when younger. Ties to the Establishment . But then he LEFT the Washington DC geographic area and power corridor. Went into state politics.
When he went to the Senate, he made NO allies in the GOP Establishment. Not one!! Think about that.
Yes, that's partly due to personality, but also partly because he actually talks nonstop about what he calls the "Washington cartel". He attacks his own party's elite.
He is squishy in some areas, but falls more on the anti-Establishment side than the Establishment. Not as much as Trump, but still a good chance he's an Anti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
We haven't "believed them", you silly person....lol.
We have been fighting them tooth and nail for over thirty years! This civil war didn't just start yesterday, you know.....
And yet every election y'all line up and vote for the next entitled rich son who will outsource your jobs, destroy your unions, gut workers' protections, send your sons to die on some fool's errand halfway around the world... while you stupidly wave a flag and throw feces at anybody who tries to stop this train wreck.

Is your pride and xenophobia really worth that much to you? Looks to me like over the past 35+ years (beginning with Reagan), y'all have lost most everything you had to be proud of. All in some ridiculous vain hope that your Massa's crumbs would " trickle down" upon you.

But hey keep right on and vote for the next entitled rich kid like the good peasant you are. I'm sure it'll be different this time with Trump

Last edited by turkey-head; 03-29-2016 at 11:06 AM..

Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
And yet every election y'all line up and vote for the next entitled rich son who will outsource your jobs, destroy your unions, gut workers' protections, send your sons to die on some fool's errand halfway around the world... while you stupidly wave a flag and throw feces at anybody who tries to stop this train wreck.

Is your pride and xenophobia really worth that much to you? Looks to me like over the past 35+ years (beginning with Reagan), y'all have lost most everything you had to be proud of. All in some ridiculous vain hope that your Massa's crumbs would " trickle down" upon you.

But hey keep right on and vote for the next entitled rich kid like the good peasant you are. I'm sure it'll be different this time with Trump
Well, obviously you argue by slur ("xenophobia"), and your politics are likely well left of Sanders. You don't even make much sense.
So I haven't anything to discuss with you.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:58 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know. Bernie has some mighty 'ardent' supporters who believe he is the second coming of Christ and can do no wrong nor has he ever done anything wrong.
None that I've ever met - and I've met quite a few.

Ken

Old 03-30-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh brother, look at the posts here on city data.

In real life, damn

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Polit..._12x5_1600.jpg
First of all City-Data is NOT "real life". People post all kinds of things online that they'd NEVER say in "real life". You're smart enough to know that. As far as that picture goes - so what? Her supporters SUPPORT her. So what? You can find a photo like that for ANY ONE running - at least any one who HAS A CHANCE OF WINNING.

Ken

Old 03-30-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
At least we know he has the intregrity, compassion and chutzpah to try and will fight for the people. And if he doesnt, he can compromise, just like he has done for decades. And politicians in the House can be voted out. If people dont fight for the change they want to see, change will never happen.
The House is unlikely to change hands anytime soon. The problem is it's been heavily gerrymandered and that's unlikely to be reversed until AFTER the 2020 census.

Ken

Old 03-30-2016, 09:22 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
First of all City-Data is NOT "real life". People post all kinds of things online that they'd NEVER say in "real life". You're smart enough to know that. As far as that picture goes - so what? Her supporters SUPPORT her. So what? You can find a photo like that for ANY ONE running - at least any one who HAS A CHANCE OF WINNING.

Ken
I was ONLY responding to your previous post

The ONLY people who "worship" ANYONE in this election are the Trump supporters - who seem to follow him blindly no matter WHAT he says (even Trump himself ADMITS that). I don't know a single person who "worships"Hillary. We simply think she'll do a good job - which is more than I can say for anyone (with the possible exception of Kasich) on the GOP side. Trump & Cruz are both lunatics.

Ken

So if you want an honest debate, then let's all be honest. All candidates have worshippers. Obviously, Trump supporters are not the only ones.

Funny that now you change your words to So what? lol

My candidates are Bernie Sanders / Trump/ and Gary Johnson. All three of them have major flaws. I don't mind talking about their strength and weakness and I certainly won't defend them when they act like idiots.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I was ONLY responding to your previous post

The ONLY people who "worship" ANYONE in this election are the Trump supporters - who seem to follow him blindly no matter WHAT he says (even Trump himself ADMITS that). I don't know a single person who "worships"Hillary. We simply think she'll do a good job - which is more than I can say for anyone (with the possible exception of Kasich) on the GOP side. Trump & Cruz are both lunatics.

Ken

So if you want an honest debate, then let's all be honest. All candidates have worshippers. Obviously, Trump supporters are not the only ones.

Funny that now you change your words to So what? lol

My candidates are Bernie Sanders / Trump/ and Gary Johnson. All three of them have major flaws. I don't mind talking about their strength and weakness and I certainly won't defend them when they act like idiots.
There's a DIFFERENCE between "supporters" and "worshipers". As I said, EVEN DONALD TRUMP alluded to the state of HIS FOLLOWERS when he admitted " I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" - and the Trump crowd CHEERED. What is WRONG with those people?

Ken

Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There's a DIFFERENCE between "supporters" and "worshipers". As I said, EVEN DONALD TRUMP alluded to the state of HIS FOLLOWERS when he admitted " I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" - and the Trump crowd CHEERED. What is WRONG with those people?

Ken
okay. agreed. I simply don't understand why SOME people don't allow others to criticize their candidates. This is how we can discuss each candidate's weaknesses and strength in order to make the best choice. At the end of the day, we the people are the one are going to suffer from the consequences if we choose a wrong leader.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
okay. agreed. I simply don't understand why SOME people don't allow others to criticize their candidates. This is how we can discuss each candidate's weaknesses and strength in order to make the best choice. At the end of the day, we the people are the one are going to suffer from the consequences if we choose a wrong leader.
Nothing I can disagree with there.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections