Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 12:37 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times

Advertisements

If either Hillary or Bernie win thor states should the SD'S be obligated to vote for the winner of their state they represent?

I mean hypothetically that give Bernie a huge chuck of SD'S if he won those state's...only saying hypothetically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 12:51 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
No... they are super for a reason.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
So, those two states have a serious delegate inequality problem. Where are the lgbt, blames, brown-skinned peoples to protest this miscarriage of social justice? Denying proportionable representation in this fine democracy of ours. The elites dominate. Now, there is something to get your shorts in a wad, libs. Chew on that. Ugh, bad analogy.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:36 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Good idea, let's make super delegates into pledged delegates. No, that's not how this works.

However, Bernie is free to convince any of the super delegates to change sides.

Mick

Old 03-30-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Good idea, let's make super delegates into pledged delegates. No, that's not how this works.

However, Bernie is free to convince any of the super delegates to change sides.

Mick
I think it is a dumb idea I mean shouldn't the people's vote matter. I mean the Republicans in the Convention are obligated to vote for the winner of their state. How is it determined how many states get Superdelegates?

This voting system is a sham. I mean I don't understand we don't have a free will voting system. Our votes never matter in the elections of the President. Only time our votes matter are in local/state elections. The Electoral College votes Blue all the time here.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:27 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I think it is a dumb idea I mean shouldn't the people's vote matter. I mean the Republicans in the Convention are obligated to vote for the winner of their state. How is it determined how many states get Superdelegates?

This voting system is a sham. I mean I don't understand we don't have a free will voting system. Our votes never matter in the elections of the President. Only time our votes matter are in local/state elections. The Electoral College votes Blue all the time here.
The Republican system is not much better, if at all. In the winner take all states a candidate like Trump will get 100% of the votes while not even getting 1/3 of the votes. Not only that, they have delegates tied to districts rather than votes in some places so even proportional is not really proportional. It is all rigged to favor party insiders. I don't object. This is what parties are - private clubs sponsored by wealthy interests. If you don't like it, lobby against partisan primaries.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:39 AM

What's the point of voting? I feel sicken and terrible when Veterans say they fought for our right to vote, but our vote does not count.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Sounds like you just countered the meme that the "Super Delegates Pledge To Hillary before the vote, will switch to the one with the most votes".

i.e. Super Delegates are just a scam to overturn the voter's wishes.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

This voting system is a sham.
Of course votes matter. Hillary has 2.4 million more votes than Bernie. can Bernie supporters please respect democracy for once and stop blaming everyone whenever he doesn't get the support or results that his supporters expected? Whenever Bernie loses, his supporters blame that there is fraud, blame the system, blame the DNC, blame the superdelegates, blame the coin tosses (when it was later proven that it was Bernie who won multiple coun tosses), etc.
While some may argue that the superdelegates supported Hillary even before the primary season started, they missed something important. Superdelegates are fully justified for endorsing Hillary even before a single vote was casted. They were representing people's will. The reason is Hillary got about 18 million votes in the 2008 primaries being virtually tied with Obamawhich is MORE than the amount anyone else got in the histories of primaries, and she still didn't get the nomination. She did not disappoint in this primary season by getting 2.4 million more votes than Sanders.

It is also wrong to argue that superdelegates should vote according to state results. many superdelegates have national presence and while state primaries results cannot be ignored, the superdelegates should consider the entire race as many of them have national presence. It is Hillary Clinton who currently has 2.4 million more votes than Bernie Sanders.

Bernie Sanders knew about the system before he joined the party last year using the DNC solely as his tool for his presidential ambitions. Now he is openly vetting and embracing superdelegates endorsements on one hand and his campaign and supporters are heavily slamming the fact the superdelegates system. There is no limit as to the hypocrisy of Sanders and his surrogates.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:49 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Bern is screwed. This whole thing is rigged for Hillary. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2581729

Debbie Wasserman Schultz must have some kind of sweet payola coming her way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections