Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:35 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
At first, I was sliding under my covers. But then I got to listen to the entire conversation and now, I think it is about jumping off both sides of the track.

The abortion incident is purely pro-lifer hypocrisy. If asked would he hypothetically punish women if abortion were to be illegal, and gives a hypothetical answer of yes, but not having yet determined the type of punishment, it shouldn't be a gotcha moment.

As far as I am concerned- everyone has their own bias but no matter whom you support, this was a straight set up. MSNBC even went on air 30 min prior to prep the audience of what was to come....

Donald was ill-advised and should not have answered or even commit to so much time with ole crusty lip.
What he said was less than ideal but there was some consistency in the sense it was a hypothetical under the idea that abortion was illegal.

Where Trump missed the boat more than anything else is by agreeing to go on these shows and failing to realize who these 'journalists' really are. They're simply hacks for the (D) part masquerading as journalists. He should know this by now, so there are no excuses. I understand he appreciated the free press but he needs to know that the objective of Matthews and the like is to maximize Clinton's chance of victory by portraying the GOP in as negative a light as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 06:37 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I can care less about what Japan and Korea have to say about Trump. I know MANY Japanese want to have their own military and they support Donald Trump.

I can care less about abortion because it is not a topic I care about. Unless you want to have an abortion any time soon, I simply don't get why so many people care about this issue.

I DO care that he is now allowing rich Muslims into the country. So does it mean that only poor Muslims are potential terrorists? Rich Muslims are saint? I have never heard of anything this idiotic.

15 out of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia who are part of al Qaeda which run founded and run at the time by Osama bin laden. OBL was from Saudi and had family relationships with the royal family.

sometimes, I DO wonder if Trump is just trolling.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
This is more like rats leaving a sinking ship. Soon you will find no one will admit they voted for him.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
For another persepctive, read this ...

Their Finest Hour | The American Spectator

And straight from the review ...

From this first loss until his ultimate victory in the primaries, we see Reagan not as a flawless conservative hero, but as the man and the candidate that he honestly was, one with great strengths and also weaknesses. His political acumen, his intelligence and charm, his ability to communicate and connect with voters, all are evident. But while Shirley clearly admires Reagan, the author pulls no punches and makes no excuses for the Gipper's flaws. He shows time and again how Reagan "coasted" through certain areas and aspects of the campaign; how Reagan made mistakes by skipping debates and made misstatements on the trail; that Reagan at times put too much faith in certain of his advisers, and as a consequence even betrayed the loyalty of other friends and advisers, such as the firing of longtime friend and adviser Michael Deaver. Shirley shows Reagan's occasional temper, such as when his argument with campaign manager John Sears nearly ended with Reagan punching the obstinate and arrogant man in the face.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:59 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
The amount of control the media has over the voters is scary. The political bullying of Trump because he believes in law and order and closing the border is mind boggling. The big business controllers are winning right now. Think about what kind of nation you want to live in.

Do you want to live in a nation where people have jobs and there is a middle class or do you want the same Kasich NAFTA lovers. Kasich is not offering answers to anything except more of the same PC and let the rich rule. The Democrats are offering a nanny state where we all have to depend on the government. WAKE UP AMERICA and stop listening to all this nonsense junk talk and get the big picture back again. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Trump is the ONLY candidate with that option.

I heard on TV tonight that Cruz will uphold the constitution. Is he ignoring the constitution just by running considering he was born in Canada? Have you seen any documentation as to his credentials that makes him eligible to run? I haven't. I want to see a hard copy of his birth certificate. I want to know when his mother became a Canadian citizen and proof that she did not give up her American citizenship by maybe seeing her irs form the year he was born. And even then, I was taught a natural born citizen has to be born inside the USA border. He said he would let others worry about that. It is no worry for me. There are other candidates to vote for. I don't care for that kind of arrogance in the White House.

I want to know why no investigative reporter has covered this? If they covered the true meaning of natural born by finding the meaning in the papers of the founding fathers and checked out other sources, that could be the biggest story they ever did.

Last edited by NCN; 03-31-2016 at 07:09 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 07:01 PM

617 posts, read 349,231 times
President Trump. Has a nice ring to it.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
For another persepctive, read this ...

Their Finest Hour | The American Spectator

And straight from the review ...

From this first loss until his ultimate victory in the primaries, we see Reagan not as a flawless conservative hero, but as the man and the candidate that he honestly was, one with great strengths and also weaknesses. His political acumen, his intelligence and charm, his ability to communicate and connect with voters, all are evident. But while Shirley clearly admires Reagan, the author pulls no punches and makes no excuses for the Gipper's flaws. He shows time and again how Reagan "coasted" through certain areas and aspects of the campaign; how Reagan made mistakes by skipping debates and made misstatements on the trail; that Reagan at times put too much faith in certain of his advisers, and as a consequence even betrayed the loyalty of other friends and advisers, such as the firing of longtime friend and adviser Michael Deaver. Shirley shows Reagan's occasional temper, such as when his argument with campaign manager John Sears nearly ended with Reagan punching the obstinate and arrogant man in the face.
Non sequitur much? What does Reagan have to do with the immature, egocentric, inexperienced and nasty Trump? Reagan was a two-term governor of CA, a well-liked polite man whether you agree with his policies or not. Nothing like Trump (who most agree is a rude crude a-hole)--nothing at all.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:11 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Non sequitur much? What does Reagan have to do with the immature, egocentric, inexperienced and nasty Trump? Reagan was a two-term governor of CA, a well-liked polite man whether you agree with his policies or not. Nothing like Trump (who most agree is a rude crude a-hole)--nothing at all.
Thanks for your opinion that's good for only one vote. Who are you supporting by the way ? Afraid to tell us ?

BTW, I'd rather someone who tells it like it is and is not politically correct than someone running the country that won't even call a spade a spade. If that produces blunt statements that some don't like, tough sh*t. The government is a business and should be run like one, not
controlled by the political establishment with their hands in a thousand different pockets.

Last edited by Soup Not See; 03-31-2016 at 07:20 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Well I don't understand the uproar from the dedicated pro-lifers on this....'IF' abortion = murder,under the law, then how would you not punish the mother for hiring a 'hitman' to kill her fetus...uh I mean baby? It would seem to me that what he said would show a consistent,strong,pro-life position taken to its logical conclusion.

What exactly is the position of politicians and activists who purport to be strongly pro-life?After decades of fighting to make abortion illegal they don't want any penalties??Whats the purpose of the law?? What would Cruz,Kasich,Romney,Ryan,Palin,etc. like to see happen if their dream of a 'constitutional amendment prohibiting abortion' came to fruition? Doctors performing abortions = very evil,lock em up/Pregnant woman hiring doctor to perform abortion=poor misguided victim,give em a hug?

So everyones been saying Trumps not pro-life enough....now hes TOO pro life for the pro-lifers??

I think abortion is almost always immoral but I can see where people can have various viewpoints on the issue.I can't see forcing a rape victim to have the baby,even though the baby is innocent of the crime.If going to term may harm/kill the mother she has a 'right to self defense'.If severe birth defects are known i'm going to leave that for the woman to decide.While I don't like it i'm ok with minding my own business early in the pregnancy regardless....sigh...I guess i'm a very weak pro-choicer,but not enough of one to make the pro-choice zealots happy either.I do favor a fair amount of restrictions and find the 'constitutional right' argument laughable....but the supreme court disagreed so we are where we are.

It really doesn't matter what Trump thinks about abortion......President Trump isn't going to end it....neither would President Cruz,Kasich,Romney,Ryan,Rubio,Palin,Bush III/IV/V/XVII/XXVI,etc.... Its just Republican pandering to the social conservatives,they ALL KNOW they aren't going to be able to do anything about it but the social conservatives/evangelicals all lap it up,excited that 'one of their own' is running for president........yay team!!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:53 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Maybe he has. Maybe he really is pro choice as he once was. Unfortunately, this view would make him not conservative enough to many GOP voters. The Republican Party as become so dependent on pro life, anti gay, anti same sex marriage, pro church that it has lost touch with most voters I know.

The thing is, they are HYPOCRITES! Search "Log Cabin Republicans" and see how there is a pro-homosexual/abortion closeted bunch of these phonies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections