Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 07:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I knew I was no longer agreed the ideals of Republican party when we got control of the House & Senate and still nothing changed. I am sick of politicians campaigning on issues (Rubio) and getting elected and forgetting why the public elected them. I don't care about the medias daily bashing of something Trump said. The fact that the establishment and the media is so against him is the exact reason I want him in office.
IF he truly is a non-establishment candidate he should not have sought the nomination of a pure establishment party, it's only making him look like an opportunist without the cojones to back-up his alleged convictions by running as an (I). If the GOP turns on him and tells him YOU'RE FIRED!, he has no one to blame but himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:14 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,372 times
The GOP will never receive another donation from me unless the candidate closest to or over 1,237 delegates gets the nomination.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:23 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
The GOP will never receive another donation from me unless the candidate closest to or over 1,237 delegates gets the nomination.
"Closest to" doesn't count. If a candidate doesn't meet or exceed that number it means the majority of the party doesn't want him or her. Why should any party nominate a candidate that is not supported by at the very least a bare majority of the party?

Old 04-04-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"Closest to" doesn't count. If a candidate doesn't meet or exceed that number it means the majority of the party doesn't want him or her. Why should any party nominate a candidate that is not supported by at the very least a bare majority of the party?
If Trump is at 1200 or so and Cruz at 650, Trump should get the nomination. Who else would get it ?
Someone that hasn't even campaigned or someone that got to 1200 despite every effort by his own party to cause him to lose ?

If you know baseball, it's like having a dominant starting pitcher on the mound with all of the fielders purposely dropping easy fly balls and
striking out instead of hitting away.

And we always have the possibility of Trump running as an Independent, sealing the fate of ANY GOP candidate.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Default The GOP didn't meet its March fundraising goals

awwwww...

Old 04-04-2016, 09:59 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
If Trump is at 1200 or so and Cruz at 650, Trump should get the nomination. Who else would get it ?
Someone that hasn't even campaigned or someone that got to 1200 despite every effort by his own party to cause him to lose ?
You seem to have difficulty with the concept of a majority. There's no sane reason any party would put up a candidate that couldn't even garner the support of the barest minimum majority of its own members. If the majority of its own members don't want him, why should they make them their candidate? Because some loud-mouthed supporters demand it?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You seem to have difficulty with the concept of a majority. There's no sane reason any party would put up a candidate that couldn't even garner the support of the barest minimum majority of its own members. If the majority of its own members don't want him, why should they make them their candidate? Because some loud-mouthed supporters demand it?
No I don't have any difficulty at all, so dispense with your insults. 1,200 delegates is a near majority and it would be the death of the GOP is Trump is not given the nomination with 1,200 votes.

And I don't give a rat's arse about allegiance to a party that is supposed to represent the will of the people. If Trump has 1,200 delegates and Cruz is next at 650, who would the GOP throw up as an alternative ? Nikki Haley ? Mitt Romney, a loser already ? Paul Ryan who hasn't even campaigned ? Cruz, who can't even garner 25% of the vote ? Rubio, who got blown out in his own state ? Kasich, who hasn't even won a state ? Jeb, because he's a Bush and thinks of illegal immigration as an "act of love" ?

The people are the ones that vote not the party and you will see a major party rebellion if Trump is close to 1,237 and not given the nod.

Last edited by Soup Not See; 04-04-2016 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 10:10 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Translation: please send money so that we can employ staffers in key states to work against Trump. What idiots. I'm glad to see that others decided to hit them where it hurts.
I agree. We know exactly where the money went and where any future donations will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I knew I was no longer agreed the ideals of Republican party when we got control of the House & Senate and still nothing changed. I am sick of politicians campaigning on issues (Rubio) and getting elected and forgetting why the public elected them. I don't care about the medias daily bashing of something Trump said. The fact that the establishment and the media is so against him is the exact reason I want him in office.
Good post. And, I know from living here in a state that goes GOP that they are just as corrupt as the rest of them. It doesn't matter who we elect they continue to support the same crap. Here, big business controls the government.

Quote:
The GOP is in deep horse poopy if they cheat Trump. Everyone may have their idea of what that entails, but it seems the GOP has it covered at this point as they work against Trump. Now, we knew if they didn't get Jeb Bush nominated that they would not be happy. Now, they want to throw their support to the other dynasty candidate and realize that Trump would be the most likely to keep her from the throne she so desperately wants. Tick that item off on her bucket list, yes, definitely the reason to run.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:28 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,383,792 times
The GOP didn't meet its March fundraising goals

Good!

Old 04-04-2016, 01:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
IF he's the great deal maker he claims to be he would've known that was a possibility going in. If it happens he has no one to blame but himself.

Quote:
If you know baseball, it's like having a dominant starting pitcher on the mound with all of the fielders purposely dropping easy fly balls and
striking out instead of hitting away.
WHEN did he ever act like a member of the team he's trying to get to put him on the mound?

Quote:
And we always have the possibility of Trump running as an Independent, sealing the fate of ANY GOP candidate.
He should've done that from the start, at this point the only candidate's fate he'd likely seal is that of making the (D) nominee successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections