Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
As bad a night as it was for Cruz, Kasich, and Sanders, it was even worse for Chris Christie.
Social Media Mocks Christie’s Expressions While Standing Behind Trump « CBS New York
That's ridiculous. Talk about making a big deal over a facial expression. For the most part Christie was smiling and enthusiastic.

Hillary is spending millions on paid internet trolls - I expect to see much more of this garbage in the future.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
For the most part Christie was smiling and enthusiastic.
Nope. He looked miserable during the entire interminable speech.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:23 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You're right--Mondale had the ability to form coherent thoughts in his head and then articulate them in front of an audience. Trump obviously lacks this gift.

Trump's road to 2nd place marches on.

only a fool would say anything positive about Mondale...his ideas and policies were awful...a reason he lost in a landslide 49 states to 1.

Mondale is the idiot that wanted a Nuclear freeze in the 80's during the Cold War when we had the Soviets against the ropes ready for the KO.....yeah coherent thoughts my a$$.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump took every district in all five states..
He also surpassed 55% in all states, 7-10 % above each latest poll. And in a 3 man race, he won a larger % than HC in a 2 person race in all 5 states.

I'm not a DT fan, but the reality is the Cruz/Kasich divide and conquer strategy will fail, as much of the "Not gonna try % of the guy sitting out" will go to Trump, not the challenger. Tonight IMO showed DT's ceiling is well above 50%. This is like any other year-some of it is folks on fence move to presumptive nominee.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
He also surpassed 55% in all states, 7-10 % above each latest poll. And in a 3 man race, he won a larger % than HC in a 2 person race in all 5 states.

I'm not a DT fan, but the reality is the Cruz/Kasich divide and conquer strategy will fail, as much of the "Not gonna try % of the guy sitting out" will go to Trump, not the challenger. Tonight IMO showed DT's ceiling is well above 50%. This is like any other year-some of it is folks on fence move to presumptive nominee.

Trump did all this by being last in a 16 candidate race, NO SUPER PAC Money and the 2 previous GOP Presidential candidates against him (Mccain and Romney) and the establishment against him spending over 100 million dollar against him.

Hillary is in trouble.....Trump is within 10% against her and Trump had everything thrown at him including the kitchen sink and he beat the obstacles.

This reminds of a boxer before a championship fight in the fall....the training was a lot harder than the main event.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't think she'll even come close to getting the white male vote. She threw it away a long time ago by bashing white males every chance possible. She will probably live to regret that.
Hillary doesn't need the white male vote to win--Democrats haven't carried that demographic in ages. She will destroy Trump with the other groups, and might even take independents.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:39 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
THillary is in trouble.....Trump is within 10% against her and Trump had everything thrown at him including the kitchen sink and he beat the obstacles.
That would be an epic comeback, for sure.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Trump did all this by being last in a 16 candidate race, NO SUPER PAC Money and the 2 previous GOP Presidential candidates against him (Mccain and Romney) and the establishment against him spending over 100 million dollar against him.

Hillary is in trouble.....Trump is within 10% against her and Trump had everything thrown at him including the kitchen sink and he beat the obstacles.

This reminds of a boxer before a championship fight in the fall....the training was a lot harder than the main event.

trump smashed Cruz tonight!!!

Old 04-26-2016, 09:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Nope. He looked miserable during the entire interminable speech.
Never saw someone miserable smile so much... Christie was loving it.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:

There were 17 Candidates is the Republican Field and it's both the largest Field I've ever seen and the most talented. Trump came in dead last as a total non Politician and took the lead within 6 weeks and did it with only his own money and basically only his family & friend Corey. It's the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen in a Primary Election. Newt Gingrich said the same thing tonight - he said he has NEVER seen anything like it and I remember the Ike and Kennedy elections, although was too young to vote then.

Big Money against him, the Media against him, the Leftists against him, the CongressCritters against him ...... his own darn Party against him. He just won 5 New England States and took all Districts. It boggles the mind. Cruz and Kasich (the last 2 men standing) are pretending it just didn't happen.

The GOP better get their act together .... and soon. The FED-UP Crowd is stepping up and voting, because they finally have somebody who is speaking for them. The GOP can't ignore that or they are toast. Trump wasn't my first thru 5th choice, but I'm not a fool and could see the handwriting on the wall once the guys I thought were a better choice fell by the wayside.

History is being made here. Democrats are down by about 35% and Republicans are up by about 65% in participation - that's amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections