Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 06:29 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,672 times

Advertisements

Adam Carolla makes a lot of good points, I really like what Ted Cruz says a lot more, but if Trump is the candidate, I will vote for him. The one thing that bothers me the most about Trump is when he brings up China. Trump says he is going to put Tariffs, "A tax imposed on imported goods and services".

Everyone needs to understand, all of you will be paying the tariffs taxes, the corporations will just pass the extra cost of a product to the consumer. The Apple iphone will never be built in the USA, because it will cost $2000.00 dollars for each phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvRpI6wcyo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 06:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
We can profitably make iphones here for what they sell for. No one can convince me otherwise. Apple just can't abuse the help here like they can in China but the workers in China are getting tired of it.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:35 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
There must be some advantage to having stuff made in China, otherwise smart old Donald Trump would not have his ties and other clothes made there ! Wonder if he will be the first to bring HIS jobs back to America ?

Don

Old 05-02-2016, 06:36 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
The quality of the products in China, particularly clothing, has gone into the toilet. I have been considering taking up sewing so I can make my own clothes. I wouldn't mind paying a little more.

People don't need a new iPhone every time they come out with a new model. This thinking of over consumption where we don't even respect the product long enough to hold onto has got to stop.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:50 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The quality of the products in China, particularly clothing, has gone into the toilet. I have been considering taking up sewing so I can make my own clothes. I wouldn't mind paying a little more.

People don't need a new iPhone every time they come out with a new model. This thinking of over consumption where we don't even respect the product long enough to hold onto has got to stop.

Sounds like a real Liberty loving, Freedom first point of view right there.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
You get a lot of crap from China, because consumers are paying crap for them. China's manufacturing can be world class when you pay enough . . . witness the iPhones and other high end, premium priced products made over there. They are as good as any. You get what you pay for.

Quote:
You do know what happens to the economy when people don't spend money on goods and services, correct? Most people don't buy every iteration of iPhone in any event. Capitalism!

Mick

Old 05-02-2016, 06:56 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
You get a lot of crap from China, because consumers are paying crap for them. China's manufacturing can be world class when you pay enough . . . witness the iPhones and other high end, premium priced products made over there. They are as good as any. You get what you pay for.

You do know what happens to the economy when people don't spend money on goods and services, correct? Most people don't buy every iteration of iPhone in any event. Capitalism!

Mick
What happens to the economy when we default on our soon to be 21 trillion dollar debt?

Old 05-02-2016, 06:56 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Everyone needs to understand, all of you will be paying the tariffs taxes, the corporations will just pass the extra cost of a product to the consumer. The Apple iphone will never be built in the USA, because it will cost $2000.00 dollars for each phone.
And because we'll actually be hired to make them we'll be making a ****load to turn around and buy them with... And other people will be able to start companies building stuff in america to sell to americans because other americans will now be making money to buy stuff with.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:58 PM

1,676 posts, read 946,068 times
Quote:

SPOT ON!!!

Old 05-02-2016, 07:02 PM

242 posts, read 276,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There must be some advantage to having stuff made in China, otherwise smart old Donald Trump would not have his ties and other clothes made there ! Wonder if he will be the first to bring HIS jobs back to America ?

Don
Some advantage? For the Chinese maybe not for us. Back in the day we had this thing called an import tax or trade-protection. You'd protect your own trade first then import the extra. Any extra goods made could be traded off etc etc. It was a nice thing.

Then the corporations bought out, took over, subverted and began asset-stripping everything and moving overseas. Why? Because the laws protecting home-grown industry had been eroded, ignored and removed.

Trump intends to change all that back to how it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections