Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,049,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sure does look like a bribe.

And Trump has admitted that he donated to politicians so that they would do his bidding.

As Pam Bondi did.
So, following your thought let me ask this. "Is it better to be the buyer or the bought?" I think both are distasteful but having to choose I think I'd rather be the "john" than the "whor#".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 09:38 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,559,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sure does look like a bribe.

And Trump has admitted that he donated to politicians so that they would do his bidding.

As Pam Bondi did.
Exactly!

Old 10-03-2016, 09:39 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,559,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It is a nothingburger, and love the term, because Trump supporters are largely uneducated men who likely would never grasp the situation.

In a similar way they Cuban embargo breech won't be understood because no cigars were involved.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:30 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,807,753 times
Nate Silver wrote today about how Trump must win Florida.

This Pam Bondi issue is killing his chance in Florida.

cite: Trump Really, Really Needs To Win Florida | FiveThirtyEight

Old 10-03-2016, 04:32 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,965,809 times
Quote:
Nate Silver wrote today about how Trump must win Florida.

This Pam Bondi issue is killing his chance in Florida.

cite: Trump Really, Really Needs To Win Florida | FiveThirtyEight
I agree with Nate Silver on this one.

However, right now I still think Trump will carry Florida ... but ... he will still lose the election.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,735,521 times
The plot thickens.

The WSJ has done some digging and has found a pattern of similar behavior from Trump.
Now, one could strongly argue that this is pretty much the norm for people of certain financial standing, after all, this is exactly how/why DC is awash (infested) with lobbyists.

It does, however, beg the question: just how exactly is Trump not a member of the establishment?

Pay-to-play is pay-to-play, whether private citizen or public official.

Synopsis from TPM, the original, linked below, is behind a paywall.

"Donald Trump donated about $140,000 to state attorneys general or candidates for the office between 2001 and 2003, some of whom were reviewing cases or decisions that would impact the real estate mogul's business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...torney-general

Excerpt from the original article:

"Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has throughout his career given campaign contributions to state attorneys general while they weighed decisions affecting his business, a review of his political donations shows.'

Donald Trump Often Made Donations to State Attorneys General Reviewing His Business - WSJ

Old 10-06-2016, 11:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, following your thought let me ask this. "Is it better to be the buyer or the bought?" I think both are distasteful but having to choose I think I'd rather be the "john" than the "whor#".
Does it matter? Either way, it would be illegal.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Morally, were it not for the Johns there would be no Whores

Which brings up another point.

Prostitution is not the oldest profession.

Hunting is.

Were it not for hunting, the first Johns would have no earnings of value to tempt the first Whores.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The plot thickens.

The WSJ has done some digging and has found a pattern of similar behavior from Trump.
Now, one could strongly argue that this is pretty much the norm for people of certain financial standing, after all, this is exactly how/why DC is awash (infested) with lobbyists.

It does, however, beg the question: just how exactly is Trump not a member of the establishment?

Pay-to-play is pay-to-play, whether private citizen or public official.

Synopsis from TPM, the original, linked below, is behind a paywall.

"Donald Trump donated about $140,000 to state attorneys general or candidates for the office between 2001 and 2003, some of whom were reviewing cases or decisions that would impact the real estate mogul's business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...torney-general

Excerpt from the original article:

"Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has throughout his career given campaign contributions to state attorneys general while they weighed decisions affecting his business, a review of his political donations shows.'

Donald Trump Often Made Donations to State Attorneys General Reviewing His Business - WSJ
Another link to similar story:

Site: Donald Trump donated to officials reviewing his businesses - MarketWatch

"Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has throughout his career given campaign contributions to state attorneys general while they weighed decisions affecting his business, a review of his political donations shows."

Now ask yourself, why is Trump always being reviewed by State Attorney Generals?

Is it because he operates his businesses legally or illegally?

Old 10-06-2016, 12:16 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,113,360 times
Quote:
Another link to similar story:

Site: Donald Trump donated to officials reviewing his businesses - MarketWatch

"Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has throughout his career given campaign contributions to state attorneys general while they weighed decisions affecting his business, a review of his political donations shows."

Now ask yourself, why is Trump always being reviewed by State Attorney Generals?

Is it because he operates his businesses legally or illegally?
Did you read the articles?

The articles say he wasn't being reviewed.

I guess the complete lack of any evidence to support any wrongdoing with the AG in Florida, the dems desperately make up more completely unfounded stories.

The media is becoming downright ridiculous with these completely unfounded hit pieces.

It's as if they think everybody are democrats that will never actually read the articles, and see that there is absolutely no evidence ever being presented.

The question is will there be anything left of the msm after the election?

Here's a Libertarian talking about the dead msm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1QBlbdO5o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections