Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:37 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,559,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Waldokitty, great quote/I couldn't agree more. The establishment still doesn't get it. I have a feeling many of them won't get re-elected in November. And well deserved.

The republican voters voted for/wanted trump in the primary as their candidate. They have spoken. End of story. I think ryan's words of "I'm not ready to accept trump" is beyond arrogance and a spit in the eye of the voters. But why aren't we surprised? It's this attitude that turned voters to vote a trump in the first place. And a sander's on the other side. And the voters/people whining against trump are many of the same one's who voted the ryan types in that people are sick of. The irony is beyond belief.

This ain't rocket science people. Cause/effect. Trump is the creation of those whining the strongest against him as many of them helped elect the self-serving/not for the people arrogant clowns running the show now that people are sick of and many don't want to look in the mirror and accept this. Man/woman up and own up to your creation.
I think the part I bolded nails it pretty well.

They will still deny their role.

Ryan was one of the leaders of the #NeverTrump crybabies. It didn't do them much good did it? Even with the millions upon millions spent and the backroom deals made, all it did was infuriate others who were on the fence and drove Trump's support even higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 12:38 PM

19,230 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
What has Trump done besides bribe and pay off corrupt politicians for favors (crony capitalism), fund liberal democrats who support illegal immigration, Obamacare, sanctuary cities etc..outsource jobs to CHINA and MEXICO and abuse Visa programs so he could hire immigrants for slave wages rather than pay Americans. Trump is a one percenter, billionaire crony capitalist. He's been part of the main problems with this country for decades, he's not the solution.
Trump is a businessman who has played whatever needed to secure his business needs, now what the excuse for all the elected officials (all levels/parties) who are guilty of what you laid out?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:39 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,559,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Trump is a businessman who has played whatever needed to secure his business needs, now what the excuse for all the elected officials (all levels/parties) who are guilty of what you laid out?
Don't know if you have been following along for awhile or not, but in case you haven't been, you can expect to hear crickets when you ask this question.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:43 PM

19,230 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Don't know if you have been following along for awhile or not, but in case you haven't been, you can expect to hear crickets when you ask this question.
I have been following and I am aware of what the answer would be, I can still ask. I guess those in glass houses shouldn't be throwing bricks....

Old 05-06-2016, 12:44 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Indeed. Take the insults of of it and they have nothing left. Everything the #NeverTrumps have said in the last 8 months turned out to be absolutely wrong.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:47 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
Quote:
I think the part I bolded nails it pretty well.

They will still deny their role.

Ryan was one of the leaders of the #NeverTrump crybabies. It didn't do them much good did it? Even with the millions upon millions spent and the backroom deals made, all it did was infuriate others who were on the fence and drove Trump's support even higher.
Yes, denial is a common reaction by many. I think many believe people in office magically float in that spot without any help from the majority of voters, including #1 looking back in the mirror.

Yes, the #nevertrump thing I think will just get more people to support/support trump even stronger just as you say as the back room deal reports, all the money thrown at others running against trump, etc failed. I don't think people get this that the complainers/whiners are actually helping him. They remind me of those running against trump, not getting how their actions/words are helping him. Oh well. Can't help those to understand this who have one or both eye's shut.

Speaking of ryan/never trump, I heard trump won his county in the primary. I have a feeling when ryan is up for re-election he might not get elected with his approach here, especially still carrying on like he is in a very direct way telling the voters "I'm not quite ready to support the guy you guys voted for in the primary". Just stunningly unreal. At least we have another picture of who is being served her by the highest levels of our government. Those thinking, take note.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:48 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Oh ok. So you condone the funding of liberal democrats like Reid and Pelosi who everyday dream up new ways to strip Americans of their rights and freedoms and side with Obama on illegal immigration, Obamacare, sanctuary cities etc...You condone Trump meeting with and funding illegal alien activists? You condone Trump screwing Americans out of jobs as he outsources to CHINA and MEXICO so he could dave a buck? Trump has funded liberal democrats here in CA for years, thus help keeping them in power. They in turn empower illegal immigrants and everything Republicans are against. He hasn't given to the CA GOP since 2005! Absolutely pathetic. I will NEVER support a candidate who gave a DIME to any of these causes and politicians. I take it you support Hillary then? Because you seem to be ok with someone who agrees with her on everything.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:50 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Great comeback, shows your maturity level. Class act, just like Trump
At least Trump knows how to win. Not like that pathetic loser Lyin Ted. Pretends to be Christian - what a con man.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:52 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
When Trump becomes president, Ryan is finished. Voters are fed up. Trump won fair and square. The majority of Republican voters stand with Trump now.
Trump will never be president. The republican vote is only 30% of the total vote.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Waldokitty, great quote/I couldn't agree more. The establishment still doesn't get it. I have a feeling many of them won't get re-elected in November. And well deserved.

The republican voters voted for/wanted trump in the primary as their candidate. They have spoken. End of story. I think ryan's words of "I'm not ready to accept trump" is beyond arrogance and a spit in the eye of the voters. But why aren't we surprised? It's this attitude that turned voters to vote a trump in the first place. And a sander's on the other side. And the voters/people whining against trump are many of the same one's who voted the ryan types in both parties that people are sick of. The irony is beyond belief.

This ain't rocket science people. Cause/effect. Trump is the creation of those whining the strongest against him as many of them helped elect the self-serving/not serving the people arrogant clowns running the show now that people are sick of. And I believe many don't want to look in the mirror and accept this reality. Man/woman up and own up to your creation, sander's and trump, that many of you complain about.
40% of republican voters voted for Trump. Not All republican voters. You misspeak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections