Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 06:59 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Don't you think he needs Congress to agree with it.
Of course. Dismantling a bureaucratic agency is not within the purview of an Executive Order, regardless of what Obama thinks.

#NeverTrump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 08:16 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,590,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Well it's Drumpf's party now. He is cleaning out all the garbage that just wants to keep themselves in power. You know the ones who don't care about the people.

The new GOP stands for the people.
Ya right. Something like 30% of registered Republicans voted for drumpf. That my friend is not "the people". In fact it is a very small % of the people.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,477,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What would our country look like under President Trump?
http://i2.wp.com/www.4thand25.com/wp...size=759%2C446

Old 05-06-2016, 08:23 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,131,677 times
What does Trump have to do to "Unite the GOP"?

I am a simple man. I say he drops out for the good of the country, so that Ted Cruz can lose by a landslide in the general election.

Mick

Old 05-06-2016, 08:23 PM

16,006 posts, read 7,059,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I support Cruz based on his successful career in arguing on behalf of American citizens' Constitutional rights. I support Cruz because he went to DC and fought for every promise he made to his constituents, even when it resulted in disdain from the party establishment and ridicule by the left and the media.

I support Cruz because he has a deep understanding of our founding documents and the vision of the founders with regard to a Republican form of government.

I support Cruz because his principles are guided by the ideals behind Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, which means he is for shrinking the size and reach of Federal government and returning the Constitutional obligations of the States, back to the states.

I support Cruz because he has sponsored over 10 bills that directly go to the enforcement of our immigration laws and strangle the flow of money to fund Obama's illegal Executive order letting illegals into our country.

I support Cruz because he sits on the National Security Committee and has working knowledge of our national security and supports a strong national defense, but does not endorse a policy of exporting democracy or nation building.

I support Cruz because he places value on the family and the foundation of society. He supports letting parents decide for their children with regard to school choice and does not support Common Core or the US Department of Education.

I support Cruz because he fought to defund Obamacare when no other GOP candidate in Congress had the gonads to do it.

I support Cruz because he has sponsored legislation to Audit the Fed.

I support Cruz because he has stated that his first day in office he will rescind every illegal executive order enacted by Obama as well as supporting the repeal of Obamacare.

I support Cruz because he wants to disassemble the overbearing bureaucracy of unelected agencies that push out 30 regulatory rules for every 1 bill passed by congress.

I support Cruz because he will appoint Constitutional Originalist Judges who will not legislate from the bench and will instead determine the Constitutionality of a matter based solely on the Constitution and not case law and current societal trends.

If you want me to go on, I can. For hours.

#NeverTrump
Yeah, well not enough people thought this is the kind of person that Can lead America. Most seem to prefer Trump over him.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:38 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,345,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I support Cruz based on his successful career in arguing on behalf of American citizens' Constitutional rights. I support Cruz because he went to DC and fought for every promise he made to his constituents, even when it resulted in disdain from the party establishment and ridicule by the left and the media.

I support Cruz because he has a deep understanding of our founding documents and the vision of the founders with regard to a Republican form of government.

I support Cruz because his principles are guided by the ideals behind Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, which means he is for shrinking the size and reach of Federal government and returning the Constitutional obligations of the States, back to the states.

I support Cruz because he has sponsored over 10 bills that directly go to the enforcement of our immigration laws and strangle the flow of money to fund Obama's illegal Executive order letting illegals into our country.

I support Cruz because he sits on the National Security Committee and has working knowledge of our national security and supports a strong national defense, but does not endorse a policy of exporting democracy or nation building.

I support Cruz because he places value on the family and the foundation of society. He supports letting parents decide for their children with regard to school choice and does not support Common Core or the US Department of Education.

I support Cruz because he fought to defund Obamacare when no other GOP candidate in Congress had the gonads to do it.

I support Cruz because he has sponsored legislation to Audit the Fed.

I support Cruz because he has stated that his first day in office he will rescind every illegal executive order enacted by Obama as well as supporting the repeal of Obamacare.

I support Cruz because he wants to disassemble the overbearing bureaucracy of unelected agencies that push out 30 regulatory rules for every 1 bill passed by congress.

I support Cruz because he will appoint Constitutional Originalist Judges who will not legislate from the bench and will instead determine the Constitutionality of a matter based solely on the Constitution and not case law and current societal trends.

If you want me to go on, I can. For hours.

#NeverTrump
Well said

Old 05-06-2016, 09:14 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The traditional Republicans are appalled that Trump is the nominee and many will hold their noses and vote for him, others will go Libertarian or even vote for the Hill. Trump should play nice to traditional Repub voters at some point to go for their vote, for now, he's going to rip Hillary to shreds.
At the same time, a great many of these traditional Republicans are going to be ripping Donald Trump to shreds.

You reap what you sow. What comes around, goes around. He has nobody but himself to blame.

It is too late for Trump to make nice now after all he has done. He has s___ the bed and now he will have to lie in it.

Trump's best bet is to go after marginal Democrats. In other words, he should go after his own kind.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:56 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
At the same time, a great many of these traditional Republicans are going to be ripping Donald Trump to shreds.
Where are they?

Old 05-07-2016, 12:13 PM

993 posts, read 768,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What do you think Paul Ryan means when he say Trump has not shown he is worthy of endorsement and that he needs to unite the Republican?
What would Trump have to do?
I am not a Republican and I am unable to see Trump's positions are that different from many elected Republicans. Is it just that he is not pleasing the donors?
For starters: First, Donald Trump’s sole motivation for seeking the presidency is Donald Trump. His careers in business, reality television, and politics have been marked by personal ambition, self-aggrandizement, and a willingness to do or say anything to achieve power, fame, or notoriety. He is exactly the kind of demagogue that our founders feared might try to seek the Presidency for his own personal gain.

Trump lacks the judgment, character, and emotional stability to be president. Given his frequent public outbursts and lack of self-restraint, the thought of Mr. Trump controlling our military and nuclear weapons is unacceptable. The GOP, which has spent decades claiming to be the party of national security, should have been the first to declare Trump unfit for the presidency.

Mr. Trump has autocratic tendencies, and openly admires tyrants such as Vladimir Putin. In fact, his narcissism and cult of personality leadership style seem better suited to countries like North Korea and Uzbekistan than America. Trump has repeatedly attacked core conservative principles such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and American leadership on the world stage. He has incited the use of violence against his detractors, called on America to commit war crimes, and suggested the possibility of civil unrest if he is denied the GOP nomination.

Mr. Trump proclaims that he’s going to make America great again, but can’t provide any realistic plans for doing so; instead, he frequently resorts to scapegoating outsiders, foreigners, and minorities. The few policies that Trump has articulated would make America less safe, trample upon our most fundamental rights, and appeal to the basest instincts of the American people.

While I disagree with many of Hillary Clinton’s policies, she is clearly qualified to be president. She possesses judgment and self-restraint. She does not have a track record of irrational, risky, and unsound business decisions and public comments. She has a long record of public service. She can be trusted with controlling our military and nuclear weapons. Mr. Trump cannot.

The above was taken from a Fox News opinion piece by David Ross Meyers. Read the rest of the article.

A message for my fellow Republicans: If you back Trump you will not be trusted again | Fox News

Old 05-07-2016, 03:29 PM

16,006 posts, read 7,059,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
For starters: First, Donald Trump’s sole motivation for seeking the presidency is Donald Trump. His careers in business, reality television, and politics have been marked by personal ambition, self-aggrandizement, and a willingness to do or say anything to achieve power, fame, or notoriety. He is exactly the kind of demagogue that our founders feared might try to seek the Presidency for his own personal gain.

Trump lacks the judgment, character, and emotional stability to be president. Given his frequent public outbursts and lack of self-restraint, the thought of Mr. Trump controlling our military and nuclear weapons is unacceptable. The GOP, which has spent decades claiming to be the party of national security, should have been the first to declare Trump unfit for the presidency.

Mr. Trump has autocratic tendencies, and openly admires tyrants such as Vladimir Putin. In fact, his narcissism and cult of personality leadership style seem better suited to countries like North Korea and Uzbekistan than America. Trump has repeatedly attacked core conservative principles such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and American leadership on the world stage. He has incited the use of violence against his detractors, called on America to commit war crimes, and suggested the possibility of civil unrest if he is denied the GOP nomination.

Mr. Trump proclaims that he’s going to make America great again, but can’t provide any realistic plans for doing so; instead, he frequently resorts to scapegoating outsiders, foreigners, and minorities. The few policies that Trump has articulated would make America less safe, trample upon our most fundamental rights, and appeal to the basest instincts of the American people.

While I disagree with many of Hillary Clinton’s policies, she is clearly qualified to be president. She possesses judgment and self-restraint. She does not have a track record of irrational, risky, and unsound business decisions and public comments. She has a long record of public service. She can be trusted with controlling our military and nuclear weapons. Mr. Trump cannot.

The above was taken from a Fox News opinion piece by David Ross Meyers. Read the rest of the article.

A message for my fellow Republicans: If you back Trump you will not be trusted again | Fox News
I disagree about your evaluation of Clinton. She evokes fear in me in a way that is different from Trump. If Ronald Regan, a Hollywood star, could be president and not do too much damage, why not Trump?

Anyway you have answered the original question. what does Trump have to do to "unite" the party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections