Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 11:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

I like Donald Trump. I have his Christmas Card clipped to the passenger side visor of my car. I want a President who:

1. Does not have a lawyer's mindset. Lawyers are big on talking not on implementing. If you want to know why we have a Do Nothing Senate and a Do Nothing House of Representatives it's because too many of them are lawyers. Lawyers have a skillset that includes obfuscation and trickery (they get their clients off on technicalities rather than proving innocence). Once they get their clients off it's up to society to deal with them just like the lawyers on Capitol Hill who pass laws and wash their hands of those laws as soon as they are off their desk leaving it up to the Governors and Federal bureaucrats to implement them. It's why we have "The Hearings To Nowhere" on Capitol Hill, too. They talk, they criticize, they muster up fake bluster, they talk some more and then they campaign for re-election on how they're fighting for you instead of campaigning on accomplishments. Fighting is not an accomplishment. It's an action. The next time a politician tells you they have fought for you, ask them for the accomplishment (the positive results from that fighting).

2. Has a profit mindset. Business people are used to doing things efficiently and effectively because that how they make a buck. I want the country run like that. I very much kept track of the goings on with the Wollman Rink. Trump finished on time and under budget. It was a big deal.

3. Business people who are successful have ideas. They think outside the box. They don't keep doing the same thing over and over with the same lousy results. The reason all of these people are aghast at the thought of a President Trump is because the status quo suits them.

4. I want Trump to succeed with trade, with the wall, with jobs, with the terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 11:30 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
1) Spamming a Message board or Forum (pro or negative) is pretty much ignored & often paid activity, why would anyone base an opinion on Spam?

2). This business of "If you are not in favor of A, you HATE "A" .... Or "If you choose "A", you HATE "B"
Is for Unthinking Chumps.

I don't "Love" Donald Trump, I didn't Vote for him ....... BUT .....

Gee should I vote for a Wharton School of Business graduate who has successfully developed and manages $9 billion in real estate OR someone who was married to a former philandering President, stole W's off of keyboards, wrote a doctoral thesis on Saul Alynsky, had an Ambassador and three American's killed why she slept and jeopardized the countries security by operating an illegal email server while employed by the State Department?

Add to that, I have a difficult time arguing against "America First", which seems pretty refreshing.
Just so you know, America First is (essentially) prohibited from the modern day (D) party in America. It's one reason that the one (D) Presidential candidate who followed America First, Jim Webb, dropped out of the race at the very early stages.

The (D) party is not 'Not America First.' Instead the (D) party is 'America Last.'

Old 05-08-2016, 12:10 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Just so you know, America First is (essentially) prohibited from the modern day (D) party in America. It's one reason that the one (D) Presidential candidate who followed America First, Jim Webb, dropped out of the race at the very early stages.

The (D) party is not 'Not America First.' Instead the (D) party is 'America Last.'
I did know that, as I remember that "Make America Great Again" was a Ronald Reagan Campaign Slogan and Button ... It's why the Leftists AND the "inside the Beltway R & D" crowd all dislike it so much. Turns out that the "R" wants to make the Political Elite Great Again.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:23 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No !!! It confirms and cements my convictions that the lunatic's have gotten ahold of the keys to the asylum. That was the only way we could tell the patients from the staff. Now we have to come up with something different.

I don't love Trump but I like the way he thinks and puts Americans first and I want to be an American citizen not just one of 7 billion world citizens. I like America and don't want it to become a shantytown dump.

"GO TRUMP" or live in a third world dump.
That's a good slogan -- we're definitely well on our way to becoming a 3rd world hellhole (that's the language I used as opposed to 3rd world dump, though that is also a good way of putting it).

The frustrating part is that so many people who support the (D) party are patriotic as well and do not hate the country the way the radical left does. It would be great if they could be convinced as to why supporting the (D) party is not a wise move.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:37 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
That's a good slogan -- we're definitely well on our way to becoming a 3rd world hellhole (that's the language I used as opposed to 3rd world dump, though that is also a good way of putting it).

The frustrating part is that so many people who support the (D) party are patriotic as well and do not hate the country the way the radical left does. It would be great if they could be convinced as to why supporting the (D) party is not a wise move.
you are absolutely correct....

we are becoming a 3rd world hell hole, and why do you think others refuse to see this? I don't love Trump, but feel the very same way that you do, however, there are other reasons, I feel that Trump, being he was way up there, knows what is going on within our government. Things that we don't know, and that is why he is also running. Plus, he worked very hard, building his empire, I believe he wants to save it for his children and grand children, otherwise, I don't believe he would have run.

I also, don't believe that people out there really realize, how deeply in debt we are?
And the media is responsible also.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
If you support Trump, you should continue to support him unless there is convincing evidence not to supprt him.

Keep in mind most Trump haters are standing with the party that treats illegal immigrant (who they refuse to even refer to as illegal) better than the nation's most productive citizens and is doing everything possible to run the economy and country into the ground (and succeeding in this effort). Trump is with the people waving the American flag while his opponents are with the people burning the American flag and waving the Mexican flag.

A lot of people opposed to Trump were dumb enough to believe Obama's countless lies and are falling hook, line, and sinker for Hillary's lies.
Because Trump doesn't lie?

You might wanna sit down for this: EVERYONE in politics lies.

No, Trump isn't any different. He's never held political office, but he IS a politician, through and through.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:04 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think it is pathetic how this country continually believes, it's ok to break laws....and I certainly hope Trump changes that....
Hope all you want, but let me give you some advice: don't hold your breath.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:47 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I sure do but all of these negative threads are very disturbing. Has anybody who loves him been swayed by the opinion of others?

I could less what people say. Trump is fair and is he is very intelligent. If Hillary wasn't in the race, I would VOTE for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections