Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Trump 95 48.47%
Clinton 63 32.14%
Someone Else 38 19.39%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:24 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting to hear the presidential debates before deciding on my vote, although I am leaning toward Trump.

I won't waste my vote on a third party. Not voting isn't an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM

143 posts, read 144,658 times
I will vote for Jill Stein unless someone makes a persuasive argument why I should vote FOR Hillary Clinton.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
From what I have seen, the lower end of the middle class and the working poor are the least likely people to vote. While no one talks about them when discussing disenfranchised voters, it is probably the most burdomsome for them to vote because of long work hours and child rearing obligations, and since many are paid hourly it's not like they can afford to take off time to vote. If they actually do get out in large numbers to vote Trump has a chance, if they don't Hillary is who will win in a landslide.

We have heard this over and over again. The poor don't vote or the stupid don't vote. Trump keeps winning. The National election is a long time away and anything can happen - but it is not going to be a cake walk for Hillary!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:38 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
From what I have seen, the lower end of the middle class and the working poor are the least likely people to vote. While no one talks about them when discussing disenfranchised voters, it is probably the most burdomsome for them to vote because of long work hours and child rearing obligations, and since many are paid hourly it's not like they can afford to take off time to vote. If they actually do get out in large numbers to vote Trump has a chance, if they don't Hillary is who will win in a landslide.
I guess we will see.

Here in NC we have weeks of early voting including both Saturdays & Sundays and late hours.

Every working person should have plenty of opportunity to go and vote.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:42 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
This poll should have been anonymous. Since it's not, I decline to participate.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:07 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times
Geez one would think hiding behind a username is about as anonymous as one could get lol

Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Perhaps somebody else.
I thought you were a Trump supporter. What's changed your mind, if I might ask?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:32 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
I guess I'd have to vote for Trump, if the election were today, but believe me, I'm not happy about it. I don't support him. I'm just giving my vote to the lesser of two evils. Trump and Clinton are two of the biggest frauds in American politics. Each will say and do anything to advance themselves.

Clinton, though experienced, will ruin our country with her Liberal policies. She'll stack the Supreme Court with Liberals who will carry on her policies for the next 50 years. That's predictable. We know what she'll do. There's no mystery there.

Trump likely will also destroy our country and destroy our countries reputation throughout the world. But on the other hand, he is unpredictable, and that's the only thing he's got going for him. There's at least a fraction of a chance he would govern in a way that's acceptable. There's at least a fraction of a chance he would appoint decent judges to the court.

No 3rd party candidate is remotely realistic, and principled opposition to Trump by Conservatives is short sighted in the long term.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-17-2016 at 01:06 AM..

Old 05-17-2016, 12:39 AM

617 posts, read 349,378 times
I suspect this poll reflects national sentiment in spite of the lofty analysis by the lefties in this thread.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I guess I'd have to vote for Trump, if the election were today, but believe me, I'm not happy about it. I don't support him. I'm just giving my vote to the lesser of two evils. Trump and Clinton are two of the biggest frauds in American politics. Each will say and do anything to advance themselves.

Clinton, though experienced, will ruin our country with her Liberal policies. She'll stack the Supreme Court with Liberals who will carry on her policies for the next 50 years. That's predictable. We know what she'll do. There's no mystery there.

Trump likely will also destroy our country and destroy our countries reputation throughout the world. But on the other hand, he is unpredictable, and that's the only thing he's got going for him. There's at least a fraction of a chance he would govern in a way that's acceptable. There's at least a fraction of a chance he would appoint decent judges to the court.

No 3rd party candidate is remotely realistic, and principled opposition to Trump is short sighted in the long term.
FDR,Truman, Eisenhower,Kennedy, Johnson,and even Nixon were all to the left of Clinton on governance. If your definition of Liberal is Clinton, then I would guess that it is based on social issues, not actual policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections