Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Moronic talking points aside, I will believe that when I see Trump's numbers with women and Hispanics improving significantly.
2X the number of Women voted for Trump in Indiana than for Hillary Clinton.
  • Women did not turn out for Hillary. She lost that race.
  • Women did turn out for Trump. He won that race.
This speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 07:58 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times
I also heard yesterday that Trump is already polling better with Hispanics than the Hispanic vote Romney received.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:22 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
When is a win embarrassing? When your competitor can claim a moral victory....
Sanders was the one holding a victory rally. He thanked the liberal state of Oregon for supporting him but also claimed a moral victory in Kentucky.

“In a closed primary—something I am not all that enthusiastic about—where independents are not allowed to vote... where Secretary Clinton defeated Barack Obama by 250,000 votes in 2008, it appears tonight that we’re going to end up with about half of the delegates,” he said.
Wounded Hillary Limps to Kentucky Win - The Daily Beast

Old 05-18-2016, 08:29 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times
She's in a world of hurt but will certainly get the Democratic nomination. It's rather ironic how the tide has turned. Just a few weeks ago, the Dems were talking with glee about how the Republican convention was going to be brokered and in chaos. Now the Reps are unifying with Trump being the certain nominee and the Dems are facing a very ugly convention with Bernie supporters promising to riot. This summer will be very interesting.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
She's in a world of hurt but will certainly get the Democratic nomination. It's rather ironic how the tide has turned. Just a few weeks ago, the Dems were talking with glee about how the Republican convention was going to be brokered and in chaos. Now the Reps are unifying with Trump being the certain nominee and the Dems are facing a very ugly convention with Bernie supporters promising to riot. This summer will be very interesting.
I noted months ago that the discontent within the (D)'s was as strong as for the (R)'s, you just didn't hear as much about it.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:58 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,975,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I also disagree that the media has been behind her. The media hates Hillary.
Hahahaha! They have donated millions to her campaign! Time Warner, Comcast, these media giants are rooting actively for her to win. All the newspapers endorse her, I cant think of anyone that dare to endorse Sanders. Sanders will make sure that big business media lose billions of dollars in revenue by getting big money out of politics so anyone can run for office without having to beg the rich and the powerful for money! That is a disaster for corporate media and will guarantee many bankruptcies in the media world. It goes without saying that the media has been doing whatever they can to make sure Hillary wins. Their survival depends on it.

Hillary is weak because of extreme advantages over Sanders right from the start. The entire party and all big name Democrats behind her (before Sanders even had decided to run!), all of the big business media behind her, all of the most powerful and wealthiest corporations behind her, huge name recognition and a national profile unmatched by any female politician in the world. Up against a totally unknown guy from a small state with no money, no campaign infrastructure, no name recognition taking on the entire economic and political power structure of the US.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:07 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,975,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
He's done and dusted.
For too long I sought reconciliation with his supporters but I'm over it. They can get on the Hillary train or not, I don't care anymore. I trust and hope her campaign has done the math - if the best course is to dump the self-described progressives and instead go for the moderates, works for me.
Progressives ARE the moderates as progressives represent the mainstream American opinion on issue, after issue, after issue. She is getting CRUSHED by independents in the general election, and any sane campaign strategist knows that they HAVE to get the Bernie supporters on board. The arrogance and ego of Clinton and her campaign should prevent that from happening though.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:22 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Hahahaha! They have donated millions to her campaign! Time Warner, Comcast, these media giants are rooting actively for her to win. All the newspapers endorse her, I cant think of anyone that dare to endorse Sanders. Sanders will make sure that big business media lose billions of dollars in revenue by getting big money out of politics so anyone can run for office without having to beg the rich and the powerful for money! That is a disaster for corporate media and will guarantee many bankruptcies in the media world. It goes without saying that the media has been doing whatever they can to make sure Hillary wins. Their survival depends on it.

Hillary is weak because of extreme advantages over Sanders right from the start. The entire party and all big name Democrats behind her (before Sanders even had decided to run!), all of the big business media behind her, all of the most powerful and wealthiest corporations behind her, huge name recognition and a national profile unmatched by any female politician in the world. Up against a totally unknown guy from a small state with no money, no campaign infrastructure, no name recognition taking on the entire economic and political power structure of the US.
I don't think she is that bad, u read too much from conspiracists-.-

Old 05-18-2016, 09:24 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
2X the number of Women voted for Trump in Indiana than for Hillary Clinton.
  • Women did not turn out for Hillary. She lost that race.
  • Women did turn out for Trump. He won that race.
This speaks for itself.
Kentucky
Hillary Clinton - 212.6k votes
Bernie Sanders - 210.6k votes
Donald Trump - 82.5k votes
Ted Cruz - 72.5k votes
Marco Rubio - 37.6k votes

Old 05-18-2016, 09:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
When is a win embarrassing? When your competitor can claim a moral victory....
Sanders was the one holding a victory rally. He thanked the liberal state of Oregon for supporting him but also claimed a moral victory in Kentucky.

“In a closed primary—something I am not all that enthusiastic about—where independents are not allowed to vote... where Secretary Clinton defeated Barack Obama by 250,000 votes in 2008, it appears tonight that we’re going to end up with about half of the delegates,” he said.
Wounded Hillary Limps to Kentucky Win - The Daily Beast
Her 2008 blue collar Democrat voters voted "uncommitted" in the presidential contest last night. Even MSNBC was shocked when it was displayed on a map. They are all in Eastern Kentucky coal country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections